The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mistress Asimina (Art Gallery) Updated 4/4/2019

evergreenmind

What makes you say that? The idea of a sort of spymistress "I know everything" within the Corpus fits well with the kind of cyberpunk-esq megacorp that they're kinda based off of. She's not a Mistress like "get down and beg, you dirty boy".

Corpus is a highlly militarized/mechanized faction. They rely almost entirely on technology, and they are presented somehow dehumanzied, as even their "foot soldiers" wear that helmets wich makes you think they're more mechanical than humans. Most of their bosses are entirelly mechanical.

This whole "tricky lady a bit shady" actually fits more to the grineer faction, wich can be often heard, screaming from the bottom of their lungs "for our queens".

Corpus is a highlly militarized/mechanized faction. They rely almost entirely on technology, and they are presented somehow dehumanzied, as even their "foot soldiers" wear that helmets wich makes you think they're more mechanical than humans. Most of their bosses are entirelly mechanical.

This whole "tricky lady a bit shady" actually fits more to the grineer faction, wich can be often heard, screaming from the bottom of their lungs "for our queens".

Keep in mind that the Corpus also have religious views within them, as well as political struggles. They very much AREN'T JUST "those guys that build bots".

Nef Anyo basically represents at least a part of the Corpus' views on Void and Profit, and Bek's talk makes it clear that there is conniving political duplicity doing on within the depths of Corpus practices - his taunts to Alad are all about how he'll be getting Alad's profits, his main reason for siding with us against Alad was that he was worried Alad's projects might make him chairman, and his reason for kidnapping his own son was to try and convince him to join as a Board member, which would give the two of them incredible influence over Corpus practices.

They are MUCH more than just "machines! machines everyone! we build machines!"

I don't think Corpus is militarized. That's the Grineer. 

Corpus is a gigantic bundle of commercial corporations united under one mega faction with the common goal of wanting Orokin Artifacts.

People inside Corpus are driven by their lust for profit, and like Morec0 mentioned, some going as far as starting to worship the idea of it and the Void. ( And the Corpus Board cut off Alad V because he was wasting so much credits. Not because they cared what he was doing) 

It has military, sure. But it's not due to them wanting war, it's because machines and lasers helps them gain more whatever they are after at the time. And their units aren't even soldiers, they're crewmen, workers that had the worst luck when coming across the Tenno. They wear hazard suits, not body armor.

Edited by evergreenmind

Corpus are militarized in the common sense of mercenaries, while the grineer are actually a military force.

Aye, they have to defend themselves, even 18th century merchant vessels had cannon on them to ward off pirates, but they are by-and-large merchants, dabbling in all sides for the pursuit of Profit beyond all else. They're not a go-to-war faction by any sense, even Bek wants to avoid irritating the Tenno as often as possible.

There have been exception - Alad V, notably - but note what happened to the exceptions in the end: the Board cut funding to him when it became clear that it was proving too costly for them.

Edited by Morec0

Corpus are militarized in the common sense of mercenaries, while the grineer are actually a military force.

Honestly, i have never thought Corpus as "mercenaries". 

Mercenary means you do the dirty work of others for pay, while Corpus both manufactures and deploys it's own proxies to aid itself.  I'm sure these "services" are sold to non-Corpus personnel's (because Profits), but the main reason behind them is that they are the security force of the Corpus.

Every corporation needs it's guardsmen, right?

My thinking is this: No matter what your views are on how the Corpus are structured, Darvo has a dad in canon. We don't know how they reproduce, but it's entirely plausible that he also has a mom. That character has a personality. The whole point of a fan character concept is to explore what makes worldbuilding fun: adding richness and filling in the gaps between major concepts. For these reasons, it doesn't break even the "militarized corpus" lore perspective. We don't know what goes on outside the battlefield in this game.

Aye, they have to defend themselves, even 18th century merchant vessels had cannon on them to ward off pirates, but they are by-and-large merchants, dabbling in all sides for the pursuit of Profit beyond all else. They're not a go-to-war faction by any sense, even Bek wants to avoid irritating the Tenno as often as possible.

There have been exception - Alad V, notably - but note what happened to the exceptions in the end: the Board cut funding to him when it became clear that it was proving too costly for them.

Maybe I've misunderstood, but the main conflict from the game is actually between Corpus and the Grineer. So if they're in to wage a war they're not just simple merchants who defend themselfs. 

Maybe I've misunderstood, but the main conflict from the game is actually between Corpus and the Grineer. So if they're in to wage a war they're not just simple merchants who defend themselfs. 

The main conflict in the game is between the Tenno and Corpus, Grineer, Infested, and soon Sentients. The Corpus and Grineer themselves have some kind of business relationship that's been addressed before; Gradivus started because Alad decided he didn't want to hold up the end of their business agreements with Ruk, and during the final Archwing mission Hek declares that the Corpus has "too long extorted the Grineer".

The Grineer definitely only barely TOLERATE this with the Corpus, however - as shown by Hek's "hostile takeover" during Archwing - and Gradivus managed to kick up some dust even in the Corpus side of things leading to aggressive moves on their behalf, and the two are very much NOT on good terms with one another, but all in all the Corpus care less for ruling the System and more about just being mind-shatteringly wealthy at the cost of any and everyone around them.

They're definitely militarized, they've got weapons and the lot with which to fight off would-be raiders (i.e. Tenno, Syndicates), but they're not a military like the Grineer are. They don't seem horribly bent of conquest either, mostly just getting more and more of what can make them richer and richer - primarily Orokin tech.

Edited by Morec0

My thinking is this: No matter what your views are on how the Corpus are structured, Darvo has a dad in canon. We don't know how they reproduce, but it's entirely plausible that he also has a mom. That character has a personality. The whole point of a fan character concept is to explore what makes worldbuilding fun: adding richness and filling in the gaps between major concepts. For these reasons, it doesn't break even the "militarized corpus" lore perspective. We don't know what goes on outside the battlefield in this game.

-I would add a *this* gif, but i don't know how to add gifs ...

Basically, i enjoy character design and world building, and i like to think mistress shabang fits in nicely with the exciting lore, but i in all means don't except everyone to agree with me.

It's just my way of having fun. Simple as that.

ALSO: Asimina's nickname from now on will be mistress shabang.

Edited by evergreenmind

I've seen tennos as a third party that interferes in the conflict between the two factions plus the infested, for a greater good. Tennos are basically soldiers from The Old War,so their war is long gone and almost forgotten. Tennos as a whole do not have a concrete interest in this whole debandade, as Corpus and the Grineer do.

I've seen tennos as a third party that interferes in the conflict between the two factions plus the infested, for a greater good. Tennos are basically soldiers from The Old War,so their war is long gone and almost forgotten. Tennos as a whole do not have a concrete interest in this whole debandade, as Corpus and the Grineer do.

The issue with the specifics that particular reading, I think, is that the Grineer and Corpus very much target the Tenno directly. Heck, the whole game starts off because the Queens demand the deaths of all the Tenno before they can awake from cryosleep, and part of Alad's reasoning for refusing to submit to the Grineer was his belief that the Zanuka Program would be their key to total independence from their iron fist.

Seeing the Tenno as interfering with the relationship between two great superpowers is definitely valid, but as SOLELY being a third party in matters just between Grineer and Corpus doesn't really line up with how the game presents itself. We're definitely acting against both, definitely touching into matters between them, but we're just as much a part of those matters as the two themselves.

The issue with the specifics that particular reading, I think, is that the Grineer and Corpus very much target the Tenno directly. Heck, the whole game starts off because the Queens demand the deaths of all the Tenno before they can awake from cryosleep, and part of Alad's reasoning for refusing to submit to the Grineer was his belief that the Zanuka Program would be their key to total independence from their iron fist.

Seeing the Tenno as interfering with the relationship between two great superpowers is definitely valid, but as SOLELY being a third party in matters just between Grineer and Corpus doesn't really line up with how the game presents itself. We're definitely acting against both, definitely touching into matters between them, but we're just as much a part of those matters as the two themselves.

I totally agree with this. I forgot how the game actually begins with Cpt. Vor hunting you're "botom". 

AAaand don't forget that while Corpus (or at least Bek) doesn't want directly fight the Tenno, they are still actively hunting down Warframes for their technology and worth.

Edited by evergreenmind

AAaand don't forget that while Corpus (or at least Bek) doesn't want directly fight the Tenno, they are still actively hunting down Warframes for their technology and worth.

Aye, it's that kind of attitude that makes me wonder what the rest of the Boardmembers are like.

Aye, it's that kind of attitude that makes me wonder what the rest of the Boardmembers are like.

I'm sure we'll see some of them ... eventually. Update 35 maybe?

And are you telling me you don't have any concepts about other Boardmembers? 

I expected better from you.

I'm sure we'll see some of them ... eventually. Update 35 maybe?

And are you telling me you don't have any concepts about other Boardmembers? 

I expected better from you.

Well I like to imagine that Alad was one before he went all... Mutally. Arn Entina might be another another - and in regards to Arn Entina I like to imagine he's the Boardmember that's turned the rebuilding of the Outer Terminus into his own pet project. Aside from that, we have zero information on Corpus divisions or guilds or anything aside from raw speculation, so it's kinda impossible to say.

Well I like to imagine that Alad was one before he went all... Mutally. Arn Entina might be another another - and in regards to Arn Entina I like to imagine he's the Boardmember that's turned the rebuilding of the Outer Terminus into his own pet project. Aside from that, we have zero information on Corpus divisions or guilds or anything aside from raw speculation, so it's kinda impossible to say.

- No i meant like your own ideas about possible Boardmembers.

Alad was by my understanding not in the Board, but the head of the Grineer relations and answered straight to them. Or he was in the Board and his title was the head of the Grineer relations. Can't remember.

Also if i remember correctly, in Tubemen of Regor, it was mentioned that Nef Anyo was in the Board... which is very weird so maybe i 'm just imagining things.

- No i meant like your own ideas about possible Boardmembers.

Alad was by my understanding not in the Board, but the head of the Grineer relations and answered straight to them. Or he was in the Board and his title was the head of the Grineer relations. Can't remember.

Also if i remember correctly, in Tubemen of Regor, it was mentioned that Nef Anyo was in the Board... which is very weird so maybe i 'm just imagining things.

The fact that Bek was concerned about him becoming chairman suggests to me Alad was, Bek concerned about him as a rival for the position they were both vying for. It's possible that he was indeed both.

I'm curious as to what you're saying mentioned Anyo as being on the Board, I'm looking for something like that on the wiki but can't find it, do you have any idea what it was like?

The fact that Bek was concerned about him becoming chairman suggests to me Alad was, Bek concerned about him as a rival for the position they were both vying for. It's possible that he was indeed both.

I'm curious as to what you're saying mentioned Anyo as being on the Board, I'm looking for something like that on the wiki but can't find it, do you have any idea what it was like?

In the wiki, it says:

Alad V sends a message to the Lotus, and wishes the Tenno to obtain Tyl Regor's research before sabotaging the lab to potentially find himself a cure of the plague, to purify his Infested self and to redeem himself of his mistake. Nef Anyo, however, sees his plea to the Lotus as a threat to his position in the Corpus board and immediately broadcasts his alternate proposition to pay the Tenno to destroy Tyl Regor's lab ...

In the wiki, it says:

Alad V sends a message to the Lotus, and wishes the Tenno to obtain Tyl Regor's research before sabotaging the lab to potentially find himself a cure of the plague, to purify his Infested self and to redeem himself of his mistake. Nef Anyo, however, sees his plea to the Lotus as a threat to his position in the Corpus board and immediately broadcasts his alternate proposition to pay the Tenno to destroy Tyl Regor's lab ...

What page? I'm looking at the http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Operation%3A_Tubemen_of_Regor page and I'm not seeing any mention of Board in it, not in the on-forums announcement from DE or any quotes from them either. Could be that description was from assuming wiki editors.

EDIT: Ah, yes, I found it: on Anyo's page. Honestly I think that's a bit speculative, though. I'm going to look into this.

Edited by Morec0

One thing. There is no doubt Darvo have a mother. He himself admitted as much when defending his mothers honor who was insulted by Ordis.

"And I'm pretty sure my mother would never do any of those things." Or some such.

"My mother is no gymnast and she would never eat those things."