Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mistress Asimina (Art Gallery) Updated 4/4/2019

evergreenmind

Ooooh"

Oooooh... >:D

You don't know what you're just unleashed...

oh ged.

Huh.

So either my eyes lied or then there actually is a "popular" star in the OP.

Apparently 50 was the magic number.

I just should've waited before posting that previous celebratory post so i wouldn't have need to do another one. But here we go:

Yay!

Sorry, no new pic, didn't have time. Besides, i don't wanna Morec0 to have another heart-attack.

celebratory pop, anyone?

anyone..?

Wow. Winterslumber must have blinded me to this gem of a thread.

I do not know where you have found the time, energy and creativity to put this together, but I am sitting here in quiet awe.

*blushu*  oh stoop...

Do you mind giving me some critique about the bust sculpt i posted? (since you're a professional in my eyes)  It's my second bust ever so i wanna know if i did good.

celebratory pop, anyone?

anyone..?

I already took some victory alcohol, i'm fine.

In finnish it's limppa/limsa

*blushu* oh stoop...

Not happening :)

Do you mind giving me some critique about the bust sculpt i posted? (since you're a professional in my eyes) It's my second bust ever so i wanna know if i did good.

It looks good as a startingpoint for sure. Make sure to view it from all angles and not be to detailed in areas like wrinkles around eyes and forehead, if you plan to paint textures and bumpmaps.

It will save you many headaches to leave all that for later.

I would recommend to have eyes and hair as separate objects. Teeth too if you want to open the mouth at some point.

But all in all a great bust!

Tip: when you turn off mirror and the centreline, quality increases. So when you want to take a screenshot and export, it is ideal to do this as a last step and smooth it out a bit.

Tell you what I would like to see? Take your 3d-sculpt into paintmode and load one of your images as the brush.

Then apply it on the bust and see how they match! This is a really great and good step as it often helps to work out proportions that are off.

It looks good as a startingpoint for sure. Make sure to view it from all angles and not be to detailed in areas like wrinkles around eyes and forehead, if you plan to paint textures and bumpmaps.

It will save you many headaches to leave all that for later.

I would recommend to have eyes and hair as separate objects. Teeth too if you want to open the mouth at some point.

But all in all a great bust!

Tip: when you turn off mirror and the centreline, quality increases. So when you want to take a screenshot and export, it is ideal to do this as a last step and smooth it out a bit.

This is a second version of the bust. The first one doesn't have hair. But adding separate hair and inner mouth with Sculprtis sounds like a nightmare.

I know that in order to animate the mouth needs to have like teeth, tongue and other stuff. But again.  ^^ Nightmare.

The eyes are separate, i just chose them at the same time so it looks better in the pic. Otherwise they would have been way too dark.

Totally forgot the mirror-thingy. Weh, too lazy to fix... 

I was thinking if i one day move this to Blender for texturing, i can bake a bumpmap from this and then paste it into a lowrez version, hence the wrinkles and stuff.

Tell you what I would like to see? Take your 3d-sculpt into paintmode and load one of your images as the brush.

Then apply it on the bust and see how they match! This is a really great and good step as it often helps to work out proportions that are off.

like a decal? i don't know, don't like the paintmode in general. And all my pics of her are a bit too cartoonish to be used as a texture.

I might texture this in Blender

... or maybe i just move onto making a fullbody model with Zbrush. Once i learn how to USE IT.

This is a second version of the bust. The first one doesn't have hair. But adding separate hair and inner mouth with Sculprtis sounds like a nightmare.

I know that in order to animate the mouth needs to have like teeth, tongue and other stuff. But again. ^^ Nightmare.

The eyes are separate, i just chose them at the same time so it looks better in the pic. Otherwise they would have been way too dark.

Totally forgot the mirror-thingy. Weh, too lazy to fix...

I was thinking if i one day move this to Blender for texturing, i can bake a bumpmap from this and then paste it into a lowrez version, hence the wrinkles and stuff.

like a decal? i don't know, don't like the paintmode in general. And all my pics of her are a bit too cartoonish to be used as a texture.

I might texture this in Blender

... or maybe i just move onto making a fullbody model with Zbrush. Once i learn how to USE IT.

The hair is easy, just add a new sphere and shape to match.

The mouth, is easier than you think.

1. Mask jaw up to upper lip

2. Rotate it down.

3. Mask the mouth cavity.

4. Revove and push the mouth back, down.

5. Add 2 objects for teeth.

6. Done.

I get it about blender and zb they do maps and textures soo much better.

The hair is easy, just add a new sphere and shape to match.

The mouth, is easier than you think.

1. Mask jaw up to upper lip

2. Rotate it down.

3. Mask the mouth cavity.

4. Revove and push the mouth back, down.

5. Add 2 objects for teeth.

6. Done.

I get it about blender and zb they do maps and textures soo much better.

Alright i need to try that. Thanks!

I don't think i understood steps 2. and 4. tho'. What do you mean by rotate and revolve? 

Alright i need to try that. Thanks!

I don't think i understood steps 2. and 4. tho'. What do you mean by rotate and revolve?

God damn phone -_▪

I mean when you have masked an area, switch to Rotate tool and just open the jaw from the top.

And I mean Remove and pull untill you get an open space that is the mouth.

Something extra:

Some doodling of Asimina's siblings. They are mentioned in her background. Also Asimina herself is the oldest, if anyone remembered.

Lore rambling:

More precisely she has two sisters and a bother. They never had all that warm relationship since Asi was always under her father's strict rule in order to become a successor for him, leaving little time to bond with these three.

These three didn't exactly make thing easier for Asi anyways... Their realtion with her currently is - violent, to put bluntly.

With Asimina disowned and their father eventually passed away, the trio lead the family company in unison, with variable degree of success.

Darvo has a couple of young cousins from this side, though they're never met. I don't think he even know they exist, as Asimina has made sure Darvo never meets her family.

Pic itself:

o5aee3Q.png

- starting from left (<-) they are from oldest to youngest .

- They don't have names. Can't come up with any.

- I have no interest on putting them into current timeline. the only time i'll draw them "seriously" is if that prequel- comic thing happens.

Me rambling about Reddit:

Suggested by someone in the Mistress Asimina's concept thread, i wonder if i should do an entry of it in Warframe's Reddit site.

I know there is one, but i have no idea how to navigate it, as i don't use Reddit myself.

It would be nice, the people in there are are probably differend than who spend time here and i would like to hear their toughts about this, good or bad. Also extra attension is always nice.

I wouldn't write the whole thing again of course, just a sort of packaged version with links to the full concept and this gallery.

Problem is, i have no idea how the site works and i don't have all that huge interested in figuring it out on my own.

So thoughts? Ideas? Crash-course on posting in Reddit? ... plz...

Edited by evergreenmind

Me rambling about Reddit:

Suggested by someone in the Mistress Asimina's concept thread, i wonder if i should do an entry of it in Warframe's Reddit site.

I know there is one, but i have no idea how to navigate it, as i don't use Reddit myself.

It would be nice, the people in there are are probably differend than who spend time here and i would like to hear their toughts about this, good or bad. Also extra attension is always nice.

I wouldn't write the whole thing again of course, just a sort of packaged version with links to the full concept and this gallery.

Problem is, i have no idea how the site works and i don't have all that huge interested in figuring it out on my own.

So thoughts? Ideas? Crash-course on posting in Reddit? ... plz...

What I would do is take, like, the basic three-four sections that best represent the character

----

break them up with markers like this

----

And then post image links throughout it as you feel is best

----

And at the end of it all post a link to the main concept at the end of the thread and in an immediate reply comment saying "want to learn more? follow this link to the main post on the official forums".

What I would do is take, like, the basic three-four sections that best represent the character

----

break them up with markers like this

----

And then post image links throughout it as you feel is best

----

And at the end of it all post a link to the main concept at the end of the thread and in an immediate reply comment saying "want to learn more? follow this link to the main post on the official forums".

That's pretty good, i wanna keep it relatively simple.

just how to use the site is the problem. I know it's probably super easy to use once you learn it, but it looks confusing to me now

I've noticed you can't post images into it, and it annoys me. I wanted to do a new portrait of Asimina for Reddit as i've grown to hate the previous ones, but since it has to be behind a link i dunnoh ... 

That's pretty good, i wanna keep it relatively simple.

just how to use the site is the problem. I know it's probably super easy to use once you learn it, but it looks confusing to me now

I've noticed you can't post images into it, and it annoys me. I wanted to do a new portrait of Asimina for Reddit as i've grown to hate the previous ones, but since it has to be behind a link i dunnoh ... 

I had that problem when I started using Reddit, I don't really know any tips to help other than give yourself some time to accustom to reddit's layout..

That also really annoyed me when I started using it, too. Why it doesn't support images is beyond me.

As I've been busy a whole lot lately, I was able to do my part of the sexy-legged Darvo triforce finally. Sadly, it's a really bad sketch, but no ragrets were made.

RIP either your eyes or your pants.

ShWnOmI.png

Edited by MissMarifire

~yay Marifire's back and OHMYGOD WHAT IS THAT

I kid, i kid. I love it. ♡ The triforce is finished! You think we could summon YandereSamantha when these are combined?

(1K plat? I wonder if that's little or lot to him...)

I didn't know you use Reddit. Nice to know.

I just wanna know where i'm allowed to post the concept since i haven't found a subplace in the r/warframe for them. I have no interest in using R beyond anwsering comments.

(Psssssst, also did see the pics Syncrasis did?)

*quiet squealing*

~yay Marifire's back and OHMYGOD WHAT IS THAT

I kid, i kid. I love it. ♡ The triforce is finished! You think we could summon YandereSamantha when these are combined?

(1K plat? I wonder if that's little or lot to him...)

I didn't know you use Reddit. Nice to know.

I just wanna know where i'm allowed to post the concept since i haven't found a subplace in the r/warframe for them. I have no interest in using R beyond anwsering comments.

(Psssssst, also did see the pics Syncrasis did?)

*quiet squealing*

Perhaps, but will she then make one too? I hope so. inb4 sexylegged darvo will take over the forums and be an actual ingame thing

(1k seems like quite a bit, but I'm sure making some "deals" in return might get you in his favor ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

I do! Your best bet is adding the link to your concept thread into a text post and basically making a summary of your concept in the reddit post, as stated by the subreddit's rules. Since it's a concept, you'll want to add a flair right after you post it, and that'll be explained below. It should look something similar to this:

JwCnHhN.png

Then, once it's posted, go to the post and click on "flair", it should be right under the post's content. From there, choose either "user creations" or "suggestions", or something similar to either of the two as I've never posted a flared reddit post on /r/warframe.

aaaa yes I did see syncrasis's drawing it's really amazing syncrasis is super experienced omf 

the moment I saw it on tumblr I thought "evergreen's gonna blow up with happiness I swear"

Edited by MissMarifire

Nope, I just think the whole mistress shabang has nothing to do with the game's concept. Anyway, great skills with the pencil.

The whole reason i created this NPC is to build lore. She's meant as a background character. This gallery is mainly to build her character and for me to have fun. Hence some things in here might not tie into the game directly.

There is a link to the concept thread in top of the OP, if you wanna check it out. It's more on-point info there. 

Nope, I just think the whole mistress shabang has nothing to do with the game's concept. Anyway, great skills with the pencil.

What makes you say that? The idea of a sort of spymistress "I know everything" within the Corpus fits well with the kind of cyberpunk-esq megacorp that they're kinda based off of. She's not a Mistress like "get down and beg, you dirty boy".

What makes you say that? The idea of a sort of spymistress "I know everything" within the Corpus fits well with the kind of cyberpunk-esq megacorp that they're kinda based off of. She's not a Mistress like "get down and beg, you dirty boy".

I wanna hear it too.

But DuncanHydroho probably just saw the gallery and not the concept thread. So it's okay.

Though they could have been nicer about it than just comment WTF.