Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Should Considering Refining The Existing Content

BelugaNinja

With the multishot and everything going on, I think there's a lot of distrust growing in me for DE. (Yes, I'm salty Diriga is building right now)

This game's main feature, isn't the grind, or the amazing artstyle. It's the constant addition of new content. The constant attention the devs give it.

But, I think right now, what DE needs to do, is look back at what they've made, take a good look, and rework all the issues that are right there.

2015 has a quarter left, and this is their chance (I don't develop games, I don't know if stuff can be made that fast)

This is the year of quality, but I don't think just quality content is enough. What needs to be made is a quality game.

When you make new frames, they should be interesting

When you make new weapons, they should be attractive

When new things are introduced, they should be motivating

Remember DE, you shouldn't make new content to be fun. You should make new content that makes the GAME fun.

Archwing flopped. I didn't even bother ranking any mods up just because I can't stand to do another of the same damn thing just for some game mode that is surprisingly far more boring and stale than the game regular gameplay. I thought that 3d space movement would've made it more interesting, but I guess not.

What makes this game great is the attention DE gives it, constantly adding new things. But for just one update, please DE.

No new content. No new weapons, maybe a frame, no new gamemodes. 

Refine the game. Content is an addition. Refinement is multiplicative of how great this game is.

Refine the game. Content is an addition. Refinement is multiplicative of how great this game is.

A major update with no new content? I can guarantee that this will never happen. This is in part due to the fact that people who would be responsible for "refinement" are a different team (mostly coders) than the people who conceptualize weapons, frames, missions, etc.  

A major update with no new content? I can guarantee that this will never happen. This is in part due to the fact that people who would be responsible for "refinement" are a different team (mostly coders) than the people who conceptualize weapons, frames, missions, etc.  

Fair point. But I do want a update focused on revising and going through their game. I'm not talking all number crunching, I'm talking about new maneuvers, more viability of weapons and diversity, minimalising hassle and senseless grind. They need to find a creative way to fix some parts of this game.

You don't enjoy archwing because you don't have the mods for it because you don't enjoy it...
Honestly, get your archwing equppied properly, and then try the missions out. The rest of the game is fairly bleh with no mods, why would Archwing be different?

Also, you complain in your first line about the Diriga nerf and then ask for a pure refinement update... you realise any pure refinement update is going to come with a LOT of nerfs (and a lot of buffs)?

Also, Parkour 2.0. Melee 2.0. They do refinements already.

Also, lets take a look at what they've been doing with frames lately. Equinox, Frost version whatever it is now, Excaliblade... they're working on it.

New weapons: Simulor spamball launcher. They're experimenting, and they're making the weapons look good.

If you can honestly point out to me why anything I've mentioned isn't "interesting" that relies on more than "I don't like it", feel free. But right now you're throwing a lot of buzzwords out there with no real substance.

I see your point but new content must me released, or people will go crazy and stop playing. We need more updates with systemic overwholes not with events. Those can be in subupdates like .5's. We need more Melee 2.0, Damage 2.0 parkour 2.0 things. Next what we need is Stealth IMHO and multishot problem fixed. Its a real problme if it will remain as damage. Long story short I think it needs to be totlay disconnected from damage or it will destroy power balance of weapons and enemies in game.

Edit: Im going to defend you on Diriga. Its weapon is called "sniper weapon". It should be accurate. Imagine that your Vectis/VectisP is not pinpoint accurate but has about the same accuracity as Barton with Heavy Caliber. DE, thats not how snipers work.

Edited by Xardis

I'm talking about new maneuvers, dd

Parkour 2.0

more viability of weapons and diversity

This is coming with the "nerf" to multishot. 

2up4592.png

minimalising hassle and senseless grind. 

This is coming in U18 via Star Chart 2.0

Everything you've mentioned has already been touched on or is a WIP.

Funny how so many people are content with mediocre.. So many unfixed bugs its almost facepalmable <<< new word hahaha.. See but i understand how big their team is because i keep up with them.. But some S#&amp;&#036; is just dumb.. The vulklok sniper? with 28 accuracy? lol i have seen some bad nerfs but this...lol

Funny how so many people are content with mediocre.. So many unfixed bugs its almost facepalmable <<< new word hahaha.. See but i understand how big their team is because i keep up with them.. But some S#&$ is just dumb.. The vulklok sniper? with 28 accuracy? lol i have seen some bad nerfs but this...lol

Why is it that nerf-criers end up in every thread eve when the threads aren't really about nerfs? Edited by S.T.M.P.D

-snip-

The rest of the game is fairly bleh with no mods, why would Archwing be different?

-snip-

Also, Parkour 2.0. Melee 2.0. They do refinements already.

-snip-

As most enemies act the same whether they are Lv1 or LV200+ with the only changes being their damage and durability. I can say with utter confidence that warframe plays fine without mods; as mods only act to temporarily counteract the scaling.

Note That I agree that they do make attempts at refinement, and their process in that regard is getting better. However I do not foresee that the content creation process will stop as a significant portion of the player-base only continue playing because of new content to chew on.

Parkour 2.0

This is coming with the "nerf" to multishot. 

2up4592.png

This is coming in U18 via Star Chart 2.0

Everything you've mentioned has already been touched on or is a WIP.

yep some people doesnt really pay attention to devs when they talk... its not like they can fit everything in a box, they do it in patches, slowing building something they want the game to be.. content, adjustment, changes, new things, etc, instead of looking on a single month how about judging them by year, compare last year and now... tell me about it...