The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag's Shield Polarize Overused

-N7-Leonhart

Lol this is why Warframe is slowly getting bad with nerfs because you have people who get super salty over another player getting more kills and cry nerf 24/7

nerf is good, nerf is necessary.

And btw. whats wrong about that? Everyone is looking for an endgame. His endgame is getting as many kills as he can. Mine is beating people up in PvP. :D

Edited by Boltwin

I can't tell if this is serious or a satire of using kill counts and ability usage to gauge how overpowered a frame is.

One-Pony-Trick frames are pretty boring though.

I like playing Ash, but having 3 unnecessary abilities bugs me...

Edited by Boltwin

This is how I imagine everything went

OP was looking at his profile stats

Notices there's a leaderboard tab

Opens up leaderboard out of curiosity to see where he stands

Notices ridiculous stats

Notices they are all from Mag

OMG I HAVE TO POST A NERF THREAD MAG IS OBVIOUSLY WAY TOO STRONG

10 pages of everyone telling him he's a complete joke and the problem is with an exploit not Mag

He backpedals

Backpedals some more

Even more backpedaling

Blatant lying

BUT WAIT GAIS I ONLY POSTED TO DRAW ATTENTION TO THE EXPLOIT

Just let this garbage die please. 

This is how I imagine everything went

OP was looking at his profile stats

Notices there's a leaderboard tab

Opens up leaderboard out of curiosity to see where he stands

Notices ridiculous stats

Notices they are all from Mag

OMG I HAVE TO POST A NERF THREAD MAG IS OBVIOUSLY WAY TOO STRONG

10 pages of everyone telling him he's a complete joke and the problem is with an exploit not Mag

He backpedals

Backpedals some more

Even more backpedaling

Blatant lying

BUT WAIT GAIS I ONLY POSTED TO DRAW ATTENTION TO THE EXPLOIT

Just let this garbage die please.

once again, just for you

Cause...you don't like the attention it gets? Future actions? Christ... she could definitly need a rework.

Shield pola isn't the reason in this case but was jumped on for a definitive reason...you could've litteraly made these kills in a endless survival as well...in ONE endless mission. Does this sound right to you?

Give pull the proto function back (pulling enemys to your feet), buff bullet attractor (eather multitarget or even better->rotate the bullets in the field. Immagine the target becomming a battery dealing ae, beein able to pull it in a crowd!), give crush finisher damage (cause, ya know, they get CRUSHED. Armor should not influence this attack in any way) and do something about shield pola for ***** sake. SP wasn't the reason but evryone here is definitly defending her for this broken overpowered ability.

Btw, the guy with the loki picture defending broken overpowered content. What a suprise.

Btw, the guy with the loki picture defending broken overpowered content. What a suprise.

Haha, you have much to learn if you bother reading and replying to people like him. I did not even bothered reading whatever rage and trolling he had to do. It's just a waste of 500 bytes on my net broadband.

Edited by -BM-StormVanguard

Haha, you have much to learn if you bother reading and replying to people like him. I did not even bothered reading whatever rage and trolling he had to do. It's just a waste of 500 bytes on my net broadband.

What's the option? Letting these fanboys go bonkers all over the forum? This ruined a fine share of frames allready. I rather waste my time then let these guys do as they please.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

What's the option? Letting these fanboys go bonkers all over the forum? This ruined a fine share of frames allready. I rather waste my time then let these guys do as they please.

I did whatever I could to fix things up by starting this thread, just because it was in my power to do so.  Even if DE was aware of the issue before this, surely stirring things up a bit will speed up the process ;)   Naturally, there are also those that wish for things to remain exactly the same as they are now, but the exact way things are now is very wrong. What is there to gain by all that bot farming, if you don't even play the game in the process?

So, there are a few things wrong with this thread:

- First the tittle is misleading. You said it's about botting yet it says about Mag Polarize.

- You admit having people here to reply to your thread is to gain attraction, therefore it could be called clickbait

- You argue that Mag has an Overpowered ability but when you lost that argument, you turn to botting to save face

- You keep ignoring opposite opinions and only focus on those who agrees with you, to make yourself seems valid (which you are not)

- I know when you type down ;) you are probably crying in real life and posting that pretentious emoticon to pretend that you are ok with all the hate.

I did whatever I could to fix things up by starting this thread, just because it was in my power to do so. Even if DE was aware of the issue before this, surely stirring things up a bit will speed up the process ;) Naturally, there are also those that wish for things to remain exactly the same as they are now, but the exact way things are now is very wrong. What is there to gain by all that bot farming, if you don't even play the game in the process?

very true. And it's not like mag is worth defending on a logical base. My whole reasoning centers around this point. She has had her share of horrible nerfs allready. Her kit is a mess balanced at extremes. Usless CC paired with unrivaled specific damage. It's time to let this state go and no longer stand in the way of progress.

It's actually a lot more than that because you get a fair number of rare and uncommon cores too. He just didn't show the whole list.

I just did a quick test run and after 4,000 kills, I had about 47,000 mission credits without a booster, 36 common cores, 2 rare, and 1 uncommon. According to OP's numbers, people who run bots for a week will get 375 times that amount. We're talking over 17.5 million credits, 750 rare, 375 uncommon (~230 R5), and a whopping 13,500 common cores (equivalent to about 2,570 R5). That's 3,695 R5 worth of fusion energy for a week, or about 7 maxed primed mods. I just tested it, and 300 R5, 250 U5, and 393 C3 are enough to max a primed mod at a cost of ~1.75 million credits. Even at a cost of 2.5 million per mod, your bot farm will still provide all the credits you need for fusion; with a credit booster, you can afford a 5-million credit cost per mod.

Mind you, these numbers exclude all the additional fusion energy that you'll get from other mods (I got 136 mods in total, so we're talking 97 additional common and uncommon mods). Given that credits are very easy to come by and fusion energy is the limiting factor for the max mod market, kill farming will absolutely introduce inflation. With a bot, you don't even have to play to get this amount of credits and fusion energy. Other sellers can't compete with that unless they set up a bot farm themselves... which, as far as I know, is against the rules. I'm not into selling maxed mods, so I don't know how long it takes to farm the fusion energy for them (haven't tracked how long it takes to max mine either). However, I'm pretty sure you can't max 7 primed mods even if you no-life for a week.

It's funny to see how people are ignoring or downplaying these simple facts. Since a few of the posters are bot-farmers themselves, I'm not terribly shocked...

Oh, and I'm pretty sure OP acknowledged that Shield Polarize is not the problem after I pointed out how these numbers are achieved. Frankly, I don't care about his leaderboard complaints, however, his comments about market inflation are pretty valid.

Well, if nothing else this justifies the thread existence. The fact that this is a specific, probably automated exploit that is basically a plat-farm for those using it is important.

That said, it drives down the average price for 10-rank mods so is it really a bad thing overall?

So, there are a few things wrong with this thread:

- First the tittle is misleading. You said it's about botting yet it says about Mag Polarize.

- You admit having people here to reply to your thread is to gain attraction, therefore it could be called clickbait

- You argue that Mag has an Overpowered ability but when you lost that argument, you turn to botting to save face

- You keep ignoring opposite opinions and only focus on those who agrees with you, to make yourself seems valid (which you are not)

- I know when you type down ;) you are probably crying in real life and posting that pretentious emoticon to pretend that you are ok with all the hate.

To set things straight, I will explain a couple of things to you.

Firstly, I had no idea what the exploit looked like when I started the thread. All I knew was that they used Shield Polarize do to so, it was an absolutely undeniable fact. So, even if the thread ended up revolving around something a bit different, the title is not wrong in that sense.

Secondly, if I were to start arguing with the haters, there is no way that would end well. In the first place, there is n.o.t.h.i.n.g, nothing at all that I can say to convince them otherwise, that much should be obvious. All it would do is to start flame wars, like on those "Ash vs Loki" threads. Do you honestly think anyone that argued in those threads was convinced otherwise by the opposite party?

To set things straight, I will explain a couple of things to you.

Firstly, I had no idea what the exploit looked like when I started the thread. All I knew was that they used Shield Polarize do to so, it was an absolutely undeniable fact. So, even if the thread ended up revolving around something a bit different, the title is not wrong in that sense.

Secondly, if I were to start arguing with the haters, there is no way that would end well. In the first place, there is n.o.t.h.i.n.g, nothing at all that I can say to convince them otherwise, that much should be obvious. All it would do is to start flame wars, like on those "Ash vs Loki" threads. Do you honestly think anyone that argued in those threads was convinced otherwise by the opposite party?

Firstly, if you have no idea how it looked like, I think you probably should start with a less offensive tone in your post. I can clearly feel the hatred toward Mag in that. And if you could spend time spying on the top of leaderboards, I think you have enough time to look into how they did that. Without botting that would be extremely tiring and almost impossible, so Mag is not exactly at fault here.

Secondly, there are some points against you that was expressed in civilized manner, but you either choose to ignore them or counter it with arguements that is blind hatred toward Mag.

Your reasoning is almost always about someone got more kills than you. If they have that much kill without botting, they deserved it for going through with the boredom. If they had botting, that'd be a different story, not Shield Polarize.

Firstly, if you have no idea how it looked like, I think you probably should start with a less offensive tone in your post. I can clearly feel the hatred toward Mag in that. And if you could spend time spying on the top of leaderboards, I think you have enough time to look into how they did that. Without botting that would be extremely tiring and almost impossible, so Mag is not exactly at fault here.

Secondly, there are some points against you that was expressed in civilized manner, but you either choose to ignore them or counter it with arguements that is blind hatred toward Mag.

Your reasoning is almost always about someone got more kills than you. If they have that much kill without botting, they deserved it for going through with the boredom. If they had botting, that'd be a different story, not Shield Polarize.

What you don't get is that this was more of a problem report towards DE and at the same time I hoped that maybe someone would shed some more light on the problem (which thankfully it did happened). It was not an attempt to negotiate with terrorists, they just invited themselves in. Why would I want to negotiate terms with them, when I have already drawn my own conclusions? All the more when some of them were the Bot-farmers themselves.

"Hate for mag" that is indeed an interresting statement defending shield polarice. Did you realise what they did with mag over the years? What happened to pull? (From singletarget to a perfect ability to the broken state it is in now?) That they nerfed greedy pul and even SP. How they ignored bullet attractor and crush while nerfing evrything usefull in her kit...

YOU sir, you and evryone else here hate mag by agreeing to the bullS#&$ that happened and ABUSING her last resort. Mag is a trash tier, not for SP but for evrything else in her sincerly broken kit and you leave her bleeding just to preserve the chance to RAPE SP.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

"Hate for mag" that is indeed an interresting statement defending shield polarice. Did you realise what they did with mag over the years? What happened to pull? (From singletarget to a perfect abilizy to the broken state it is in now?) That they nerfed greedy pul and even SP. How they ignored bullet attractor and crush while nerfing evrything usefull in her kit...

YOU sir, you and evryone else here hate mag by agreeing to the bullS#&$ that happened and ABUSING her last resort. Mag is a trash tier, not for SP but for evrything else in her sincerly broken kit and you leave her bleeding just to RAPE SP.

Since when I said that I agreed with nerfing her other abilities?

So defending the last ability that makes her useful is hating her other abilities?

Mag is indeed trash tier, true, but there is someone here aka the "OP" calling nerf on Mag without any intention of giving any utilities or reason to use the other abilities of her. Such is hate.

Sure, I am all in for a rework on Mag. But calling nerf on SP without providing any compensation is pure bull@#$%.

Since when I said that I agreed with nerfing her other abilities?

So defending the last ability that makes her useful is hating her other abilities?

Mag is indeed trash tier, true, but there is someone here aka the "OP" calling nerf on Mag without any intention of giving any utilities or reason to use the other abilities of her. Such is hate.

Sure, I am all in for a rework on Mag. But calling nerf on SP without providing any compensation is pure bull@#$%.

What did excal have to go trough before he became what he is now? Ultimately nerfing her is the only ray of hope as far as i'm concerned. Evry work has to get an adequate feedback to justify the use. Do you see any negative feedback concerning her kit in here? When was the last time anyone even mentioned her?

Evryone here trys to keep her off the radar hoping that the devs ignore the still existing numbers on SP. That's the ultimate truth to the situation and to 90% of the feedback. The result is not only that SP stays untouched but that her kit is forgotten.

Don't know about you but i'd rather sacrifice a broken overpowered ability then accepting the state she is in any longer.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

What did excal have to go trough before he became what he is now? Ultimately nerfing her is the only ray of hope as far as i'm concerned. Evry work has to get an adequate feedback to justify the use. Do you see any negative feedback concerning her kit in here? When was the last time anyone even mentioned her?

Evryone here trys to keep her off the radar hoping that the devs ignore the still existing numbers on SP. That's the ultimate truth to the situation and to 90% of the feedback. The result is not only that SP stays untouched but that her kit is forgotten.

Don't know about you but i'd rather sacrifice a broken overpowered ability then accepting the state she is in any longer.

Look at Frost man. He only got one of his abilities nerfed, and ONCE. Yet he gets a rework. Instead of going through the nerf -> rework why not a straight one?

For people reacting negatively on OP's point of view, it's because he failed to state that Mag should be reworked, yet the only point he blurted out was SP needs to go. That's why people wanting to defend Mag, not that we don't think she doesn't deserve a rework.

Look at Frost man. He only got one of his abilities nerfed, and ONCE. Yet he gets a rework. Instead of going through the nerf -> rework why not a straight one?

For people reacting negatively on OP's point of view, it's because he failed to state that Mag should be reworked, yet the only point he blurted out was SP needs to go. That's why people wanting to defend Mag, not that we don't think she doesn't deserve a rework.

Frost got his share of "hate" as well (for reasons. We all spoke about the issues and didn't play them down.).

Evryone was supporting the effort without bashing the OP or keepin it low...

You definitly don't have to go trough a nerf but noone will actually admit the issues till it happens. That's what it has come to.

Set her in flames so she can finally rise from her ashes...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Well, if nothing else this justifies the thread existence. The fact that this is a specific, probably automated exploit that is basically a plat-farm for those using it is important.

That said, it drives down the average price for 10-rank mods so is it really a bad thing overall?

Players will benefit from lowered prices, but there are many unseen costs as well. The subject is off topic so I'll keep it brief.

Off the top of my head, fusion energy inflation will:

1. Disenfranchise legitimate sellers who can't compete with bots.

2. Disenfranchise fellow players who can't compete with the resources of your bot farm. Their effort won't be rewarded relative to someone who's running a program/macro instead of playing. In PvE, this isn't game-breaking mechanically, but from a psychological standpoint, it absolutely is. Would you bother participating in a marathon in which your opponents can break the rules and use bikes or cars?

3. Flatten the progression curve - even veteran players don't have all mods maxed, yet all of a sudden, you'd be able to purchase cheap rank 10 mods due to inflation. This will likely disenfranchise some veterans who worked hard to build up their mod collection.

4. Crush down progression goals - this point is related to 3. A big part of progressing through a game is reaching the "end game." It's veterans who tend to set and push the standard for what end game is; with some of them leaving and the gap between newbies and veterans closing, new players will have less to look forward to. That perfect build you have in mind won't be a long-term project but a matter of farming a few parts, selling them, and then buying all the mods you need. Some may view this as a positive, but if the game engages people increasingly less, people's friends lists will continuously dwindle - and playing this game solo is the easiest way to burn yourself out.

5. Player-base quality erosion - If legitimate players get pushed out by botters who are willing to break the rules, then the overall quality of the player base will plummet. It takes a certain mentality and personality to disregard the rules of a game, and the people who blatantly do that aren't particularly fun - and that's putting it mildly - to have around.

All of these points are merely observations from a long history of ruined games. For example, botting destroyed Diablo 2 for many people - myself included - and is the reason why I never bothered with Diablo 3. D2 eventually reached the point where botters were handing out extremely rare runes like candy on Halloween. New players would drop in, max out their gear in a week or two, get bored and leave. A small, core group of dedicated people kept playing for a while, but their numbers quickly dwindled. D2 is obviously not a direct comparison to Warframe, but I like WF and would hate to see it go down a similar path.

Please, can someone close this thread? Too much flamming and hating, the point about her skill was about cleared and -BM-StormVanguard seens to not understand it. It generate more attention uneeded and more hate. Just close this thread, please, someone?