Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Fair Solution To The Multishot Problem

Rehtael7

I've seen many of the proposed Multishot reworks, and none of them sound reasonable. If multishot uses two ammo every time it activates, it becomes a glorified fire rate mod.

I suggest the following using Split Chamber:

+1 Multishot, +60% Recycle

New multishot would be guaranteed and would consume 1 extra ammo, and would include a new "Recycle" mechanic, in which shots have a % chance to not consume ammo. If Recycle reaches 100%, it's guaranteed to return 1 ammo, however Recycle will never go above 100%, even in the event of +2 or more multishot.

This would also allow for new varieties of dual effect mods by including the Recycle mechanic.

For balancing, I suggest lowering the current multishot chance for each mod by 33%. For example:

Lethal Torrent (current)

+60% Multishot, +60% Fire rate

would then be:

Lethal Torrent

+1 Multishot, +40% Recycle, +60% Fire rate

And Recycle would also allow for the introduction of new corrupted mods, such as +1 Multishot, -30% Recycle or +50% Recycle, -40% Reload Speed

And with the new +X multishot model, it would allow for more interesting variants such as a Bow specifc corrupted mod: +2 Multishot, -40% Fire rate

This way, Multishot recieves an appropriate nerf that doesn't break the usefulness of the mod, but makes it more niche so it doesn't become expected in most weapon loadouts.

It also means that mods can support multishot without the element of ammo recycle.

EDIT: As an amendment to this proposal, I'd suggest that fire rate mods become 2.5x more potent when applied to charge/ draw weapons so that on charge/ draw weapons the fire rate is not pushed to the wayside for Multishot, and/ or that multishot have an unstated -30% charge/ draw speed, so weapons like the Drakgoon, Bows and Rakta Ballistica have more reason to decide between fire rate and multishot.

Edited by Rehtael7

It'd be a cool idea, but i think that would just impede on the progress of making one less staple mod. In fact, it'd go the other way around because people like multishot and are going to equip that recycle mod over another variety mod :)

However, if you build for recycle, it detracts from potential damage, forcing you to chose between Do I want more bullets and a potentially larger magazine if RNG is in my favor? and Do I want a higher, more reliable flat damage?

I totally agree about the whole "glorified rate of fire mod" that multishot would become. With your idea, however, it becomes diverse enough away from similar mods for it to be regarded in its own right without needing to be overpowered, and while providing a semblance of choice, away from the current system of  multishot being a must on all guns.

To bad DE, has already begun the evil plan

But hey, if we make some noise on the devstream and in the devstream question posts and such the like, they may take notice, who knows

I've seen many of the proposed Multishot reworks, and none of them sound reasonable. If multishot uses two ammo every time it activates, it becomes a glorified fire rate mod.

New multishot would be guaranteed and would consume 1 extra ammo, and would include a new "Recycle" mechanic, in which shots have a % chance to not consume ammo. If Recycle reaches 100%, it's guaranteed to return 1 ammo, however Recycle will never go above 100%, even in the event of +2 or more multishot.

This would also allow for new varieties of dual effect mods by including the Recycle mechanic.

For balancing, I suggest lowering the current multishot chance for each mod by 33%. For example:

Lethal Torrent (current)

would then be:

Lethal Torrent

And Recycle would also allow for the introduction of new corrupted mods, such as +1 Multishot, -30% Recycle or +50% Recycle, -40% Reload Speed

And with the new +X multishot model, it would allow for more interesting variants such as a Bow specifc corrupted mod: +2 Multishot, -40% Fire rate

This way, Multishot recieves an appropriate nerf that doesn't break the usefulness of the mod, but makes it more niche so it doesn't become expected in most weapon loadouts.

It also means that mods can support multishot without the element of ammo recycle.

Best idea by far

Thanks for the positive feedback. I was half expecting a bunch of 5000 post users to go "AW YOU TWIT, THAT'D NEVER WORK".

I hate to sound like I'm trying to get attention, but maybe we can spread this thread around? I feel like doomsday is coming and it's so very preventable. I just hope someone at DE can see this, or even an idea like this before the Multishot judgement day arrives.

Edited by Rehtael7

Thanks for the positive feedback. I was half expecting a bunch of 5000 post users to go "AW YOU TWIT, THAT'D NEVER WORK".

I hate to sound like I'm trying to get attention, but maybe we can spread this thread around? I feel like doomsday is coming and it's so very preventable. I just hope someone at DE can see this, or even an idea like this before the Multishot judgement day arrives.

like I said guy, If a bunch of us propose this change among our questions in the Devstream question thread, and make some noise on twitch, we might be able to get something to happen.

I'll also direct my friends to this thread. It is seriously the best solution I've seen to the problem.

Edited by Kraken_Attacken

like I said guy, If a bunch of us propose this change among our questions in the Devstream question thread, and make some noise on twitch, we might be able to get something to happen.

I'll also direct my friends to this thread. It is seriously the best solution I've seen to the problem.

I really appreciate it.Maybe someone has thought of a better solution and I just haven't seen it, but anything has to be better than making it cost double ammo. That utterly defeats the purpose of multishot, it just becomes +90% fire rate.

I think this is the best Idea I've seen as a solution to the multishot mods being "fixed. I'll be sure to mention it on our teamspeak server to get some attention, and bring it up on our podcast.

Thank you very much. It's nice hearing that my solution is popular, and it'll be even nicer to hear that multishot doesn't just not consume extra ammo.

Lethal Torrent (current)

would then be:

Lethal Torrent

no, just no. multishot is okay and doesn't need to be more complex, the more complex the more likely to be broken. if anything DE should do something like they did with the grineer heavy weapon skins and make new skins for weapons that add more multishot.

no, just no. multishot is okay and doesn't need to be more complex, the more complex the more likely to be broken. if anything DE should do something like they did with the grineer heavy weapon skins and make new skins for weapons that add more multishot.

If they do things the way they've been mentioning they want to do things, they're going to nerf it and HARD. On a recent devstream, they said they might just make it consume extra ammo, that's why I started the thread, to offer up a suggestion that nerfs multishot, but in a way that doesn't make it completely pointless.

Also, it's broken as it is now. it's not only stupidly overpowered, but it's LITERALLY a bug that they never bothered to change. It was originally meant to consume the extra ammo.

The multishot nerf is coming one way or another, and I deeply hope that this will be the route they take as opposed to making it utterly pointless beside making it a glorified fire rate mod.

Edited by Rehtael7