The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Having To Pay Syndicate Costs Again

(PSN)Challenge_Rating

So I got red veil, new loka, and perrin to max rank but recently decided that I wanted to get cephalon suda high enough that I could purchase the shield restore. Things have been going smoothly and I've been doing perrin missions to offset some of the loss to new loka. This was fine until I realized my New Loka has been degraded and is now asking me to, once again, pay the upgrade cost of a nyx prime helmet and 500k credits.

My understanding was that these costs only had to be paid once even if you lost rank? Is my understanding incorrect or is my syndicate standing bugged?

It asks for the sacrifice again but it doesn't actually take it.  At least that is what it has been doing for me.  If you can verify that it did in fact take the item a second time I will test it again if needed.

EDIT: If it did take another Nyx Helmet you also need to fill out a support ticket.

Edited by (PS4)jwernecke

• 2 weeks later...

Now seems to me like working as it should be... There is no point asking for a sacrifice toll without taking it and of course there is not point of having different ranks and demotions for assisting the enemy fractions if there is no penalty for it. I think that it returned to normal after being bugged for a while not taking the sacrifice toll payment.

Hm... Just read this in another thread with the same discussion.

"- Syndicates no longer require multiple sacrifices if players drop from a higher tier to a lower one. Players will only need to make one sacrifice ever when moving between tiers."

Not sure if I agree with that or like it better than before, but if the gamers wanted and DE made it happen as I read then its a bug and sould be fixed.

Edited by (PS4)Nek_Food

I just tested this, and the problem is actually getting worse. The syndicates ARE removing the sacrifices from your inventory. I had maxed standing with Red Veil, let it fall till I was being hunted, and tried to rank up, and it DID remove both a Catalyst and 100,000 credits from my inventory for the sacrifice.

Your issue is acting as intended.  Basically you were never negative before so you never paid those sacrifices.  Once you get back to neutral you will not owe them anything.  

I confirmed this bug last night and re-logged it.  It is still requiring you to have the sacrifice BUT it is not taking a sacrifice that you have already paid.  I hope that clears everything up for anyone with questions about this issue.  

Thank you everyone!