Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Tenno Stay Away From Mods With Hidden Numbers: Faction Damage, Channeling

(PSN)TrollyThyTrinity

As we know all know alot of the faction damage mods hasnt been in alot fo people builds, and for the most part we dont know exact damage maybe now with simaris room

But wod be nice to see and actual number

And or does status and crit integrate with the mod

And channeling mods are weird to me because it seems the stats only affect while channeling

Because a status chance , crit chance on the channeling mod doesnt move the weapons numbers

So doest channeling status and channeling crit chance exist? Does it stack on the weapon chance procs

Its a mystery

Faction damage mods just aren't motivating enough because they cap out at 30%, elementals will be more suitable since they can go to 60% for dual stat nightmare mods and 90% for regular mods.

There are mods that affect status and critical chance while channeling.  However the math has to be done by you.

Its a mystery

... no, it isn't.

You can turn on the numbers in the UI and see the damage you're doing.

Also, the channeling mods are called channeling mods since they affect channeling. I will consider your mind blown.

Faction damage mods just aren't motivating enough because they cap out at 30%, elementals will be more suitable since they can go to 60% for dual stat nightmare mods and 90% for regular mods.

Mathematics is a harsh mistress.

Take an ideal weapon that does 100 damage per hit (let's say with Serration and multishot installed).

One 90% elemental mod: 190

One Bane mod: 130

Two 90% elemental mods: 280

One 90% elemental mod and one bane mod: 247

Three 90% elemental mods: 370

Two 90% mods and one bane mod: 364

Four 90% elemental mods: 460

Three 90% mods and one bane mod: 481

Four 90% elemental mods and one 60% mod: 520

Four 90% mods and one bane mod: 598

Damage-wise, the more elemental mods you put in, the more the Bane mods are advantageous. And it almost always beats the 60% elemental mods (although it doesn't change the status chance).

It is a motivating and well-balanced mod. It breaks the minds of people who can't use a calculator, but hey, you can't win them all.

Clearly you don't always have such space on your guns. But, for example, the Bane mods should find space on all primaries that have low critical chance and low status chance. Prime example is the Boltor series, the Karak, and several Corpus weapons.

There are mods that affect status and critical chance while channeling.  However the math has to be done by you.

The faction mods can add more DPS than a 90% elemental mod.

As far as I know, the 30% is added after all the calculations.

For instance, if you equip Serration + Heavy Cal. The 30% will actually be an additional 129%.

Serration: 165%

Heavy Cal: 165%

Total +330%

Meaning a total damage output of 430%.

And 30% of 430% is 129%.

Faction mods, however, do not work against the Corrupted (void) enemies, I believe.

Most people usually build for the Void, that's the main reason they don't have a Faction mod equipped.

Not really a mystery....You can see status procs, you can see yellow and red numbers, and channeling is...well channeling. Mods labeled as 'Channeling' yes only work while channeling.

Somewhat its one of those find it out your self mods you mod your weapon no changes on status. They tell you on the wiki but numbers. Shown in game is more concrete

No more hidden numbers

The faction mods can add more DPS than a 90% elemental mod.

As far as I know, the 30% is added after all the calculations.

For instance, if you equip Serration + Heavy Cal. The 30% will actually be an additional 129%.

Serration: 165%

Heavy Cal: 165%

Total +330%

Meaning a total damage output of 430%.

And 30% of 430% is 129%.

Faction mods, however, do not work against the Corrupted (void) enemies, I believe.

Most people usually build for the Void, that's the main reason they don't have a Faction mod equipped.

Do you they will be considered more depending on multishot change?

It would be cool if there was an "advanced" stats screen in the arsenal upgrade section.

Once clicked it could show all of the "contextual" stats of the loadout based on selected mods

i.e. the damage for each stat when you channel or strike a certain faction or material type like on the wiki

Edited by OfPowerOfWant

It would be cool if there was an "advanced" stats screen in the arsenal upgrade section.

Once clicked it could show all of the "contextual" stats of the loadout based on selected mods

i.e. the damage for each stat when you channel or strike a certain faction or material type like on the wiki

This is what i would like to see.