Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Zero Gravity Parkour Environment Concept]

(PSN)HoennDPN

Idea:

Tilesets that have absolutely no gravity requiring the user to wall bounce and not restricting them to the normal point of view

Making a entire tile sets like this will allow for a different play style and allows more use of parkour 2.0

Usually these tile sets would be on a,corpus ship or grineer ship and will have a different type of labelling E.G instead of SABOTAGE it would be SABOTAGE 0G

Doing these missions will have the corpus crewman turned into the corpus Rangers and attack drones and the grineer draga instead of the lancers

The user will complete 360 degree rotation in all directions thanks to the use of a small thruster pack attached to the waist much like the archwing but adapted for close quarters environments E.G the insides of ship.

The packs will be enertia based and will make it more realistic in a zero gravity environment, of course they won't be used for propulsion only slowing down. The main propulsion will be the warframe's parkour ability

The player will acquire some new animations in addition to the normal parkour 2.0 ones and their normal weapons will be able to be used in this game type but more projectile based weapons won't be affected by gravity anymore.

The animations include:

The player will spread out their limbs to brace for impact with a surface

The player will be able to wall cling onto enemies and use them as a shield for approx 3-5 seconds

Kicking things in zero gravity wil slow the player down

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Need it! +1

so the maneuvering belt would be like 3d maneuvering gear from aot with less harpoons?  maybe a better animation for landing on a different wall could be a gush of gas from the belt while simultaneously turning so that feet are on the "ground" you're trying to land on.  maybe instead of grineer vessels from archwing, they would have advanced hellion jetpacks?

also, maybe the tileset is darkened a bit with red emergency lights like if an emp went off.  this would give reason as to why the artificial gravity is down.

I think I would actually love this when, like in Hive missions, there's just a massive rip in the ship and the atmosphere is gone, I would love to be able to move around a bit more freely but without needing to switch directly to archwing.  Even if it was just a more extreme version of the low gravity modification from nightmare missions.

Agree and Disagree, because Archwing is Zero-G movement, so you don't need this but Archwing does need more Parkour to it.

Specifically, instead of running into walls to a dead stop, Archwings would be better served in doing "zero G parkour" off of the surface of the object in question, such as flipping the Warframe within the Archwing around to orient feet down to the incoming object, brace, and either wall jump off the object or wall run/bounce along the new surface - essentially, do away with slaming to a dead stop in space tunnel/trench runs and debris/asteroid fields. We don't like it, when we are on the ground we don't do it, and suddenly just because we are piloting wings we forget to do the parkour that all the Warframes naturally do? Doesn't make sense, change it and then you go yourself your no gravity tilesets which would essentially be Air Shark-wing with Archwing Parkour.

Which would open up its own wonderful possibilities, like more being sucked out of a broken window on a Corpus mission or even purposefully making a explosive decompression happen just to screw over our enemies and get around them closing the hatches on us so we outflank them by suddenly turning it into a Archwing mission that we then turn back into a Air Lock Hack and get back in the ship around the roadblock to our objective. Have you played the new Archwing Boss, The Jordas Golem or the new Trial, The Jordas Verdict? Parts of that are basicly this! And we've been wanting it ever since we were first blown out the airlock in our first acquire the Archwing quest!

You want that transition to a Zero-G enviroment, its already possible as shown with Submersible missions on Uranus, and both the movement and missions can be better, so we don't need to replace Archwing with another "small thruster pack" when we already know from some early delightful glitches in Submersible missions that we can fit an Archwing in close quarters, we just need some Zero-G wall interaction for the Archwing and some more additions of transitions to and from Archwing for more of the missions.

Not only that, it also makes transitions to and from Archwing for Close Air Support missions possible, where like an Archwing can support you with its fire power and abilities from below or beside you in the water, transitions should be possible sideways and into the nearby atmosphere or vacuum of space as well, where the Archwing can help from there those of you still fighting through the hallways of the space ship or below them on the surface of the planet.

This also would open up opportunities for new types of enemies, some of which already have models and even hit points in the game (see: Corpus Shuttle for an example, can been seen in many Corpus Ground and Archwing missions, and only becomes an object with health in the Archwing Defense mission) but just need weapons and AI. Ground Radar, Shields, Anti-Air Batteries, etc that Warframes need to take out on the ground and enemies (like rovers, tanks, plasma vents, shields, vault doors, etc) and other objectives that can only be attacked effectively from above that let the Warframes on the ground proceed to their objectives.

And these aren't new ideas either, check out these threads:

The Amazing Potential of Archwing (Missions) (Enemies)

Archwing Mechanics (A Trip To The Docking Bay For Some Much Needed Upgrades)

You should have enemies such as hellions show up as well. Maybe even just get every usual enemy and shove a jetpack onto them or give them 0G boots. Nice idea though!

Oh god no, imagine those things in space they are deadly enough on the ground, without the fact they fire miniature heat seeking tomahawk rockets

so... want exactly the same zero g movement present in Dead Space 1, 2 & 3?

More like the combat from the book and film

Enders game

I've said it before, I'll say it again, this would require a MASSIVE overhaul to the game to be implemented, when instead the developers could just do arsewang archwing. While I'm not personally opposed to zero-gravity movement, it wouldn't work. You'd have to re-animate EVERYTHING, you'd have to re-write ALL of the AI, you'd have to redesign a LOT of maps, OR create new maps entirely.

It's just not going to work.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, this would require a MASSIVE overhaul to the game to be implemented, when instead the developers could just do arsewang archwing. While I'm not personally opposed to zero-gravity movement, it wouldn't work. You'd have to re-animate EVERYTHING, you'd have to re-write ALL of the AI, you'd have to redesign a LOT of maps, OR create new maps entirely.

It's just not going to work.

Rehtael7, you have forgotten that I'm basically talking about creating a whole new way of playing the game.

Of course it would require complicated coding and such just to make the parkour aspect work

I can name several other aspects that might be complicated but I won't, no the reason is you people can probably think of more.

The thing is this is a fan concept and I do accept feedback and criticism as I wouldn't expect not to, however this is a fan concept

It could be the most exciting thing in the world but it might also be nigh impossible to code.

Rehtael7, you have forgotten that I'm basically talking about creating a whole new way of playing the game.

Of course it would require complicated coding and such just to make the parkour aspect work

I can name several other aspects that might be complicated but I won't, no the reason is you people can probably think of more.

The thing is this is a fan concept and I do accept feedback and criticism as I wouldn't expect not to, however this is a fan concept

It could be the most exciting thing in the world but it might also be nigh impossible to code.

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me here, or what.

Yeah, this would be a nightmare to get working. Like I said, normal maps are not designed for 0-g combat. There's no cover for enemies to hide behind, no AI pathfinding to manage, it's just not well suited for it. 

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me here, or what.

Yeah, this would be a nightmare to get working. Like I said, normal maps are not designed for 0-g combat. There's no cover for enemies to hide behind, no AI pathfinding to manage, it's just not well suited for it.

I'm agreeing with you, yes it would require new maps, new controls and a butt tonne of work, and a petabyte of coding but it would be amazing