Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would You Consider Warframe A Better Version Of Destiny?

Institute-Marksman

Whoa I see a lot of posts here with somewhat outdated information on Destiny.  While it's true that the game did spend the first year screwing players over things have indeed improved.  

I quit back then after the first core content was released and gave the game a couple hundred hours.  With the taken king I will probably play another couple hundred hours.

That's exactly my problem with the game, year one players got screwed over. I have every reason to have a bitter taste in my mouth over how ridiculous Destiny was in year one, and the fact that the devs expect us to pay even more money on top of what we already paid for the base game + the first two lackluster DLCs is nonsense.

I'll never be returning to Destiny unless Bungie ceases to be greedy and gives year one players the Taken King for free, otherwise, they will not be having anymore money from my wallet.

At least with Destiny, when you spent money, you know what you're getting.

Wasn't a part of Destiny's end game taken away and put into a DLC instead? They literally took something that you paid for, and made you pay for it again. That should ring up some alarms that Bungie and Activision aren't being as great as they seem to be, and should cause worry for Destiny fans. If DE was to actually take something away, they would most likely reimburse the players, rather than leaving them there to lament on their loss, and would for sure not put it behind a price tag. And, even if Destiny had retracted that action, it should say something about how the business of the game will be in the future. 

Also, even though you do know what you will be getting, that does not solve the issue whether it is worth that much or not. From here on, it is up to the customers to decide whether the DLCs are actually worth $20-40 a piece. Though, in my opinion, I will not be willing to spend that much money for what the current game provides.

Wasn't a part of Destiny's end game taken away and put into a DLC instead? They literally took something that you paid for, and made you pay for it again. That should ring up some alarms that Bungie and Activision aren't being as great as they seem to be, and should cause worry for Destiny fans. If DE was to actually take something away, they would most likely reimburse the players, rather than leaving them there to lament on their loss, and would for sure not put it behind a price tag. And, even if Destiny had retracted that action, it should say something about how the business of the game will be in the future. 

Also, even though you do know what you will be getting, that does not solve the issue whether it is worth that much or not. From here on, it is up to the customers to decide whether the DLCs are actually worth $20-40 a piece. Though, in my opinion, I will not be willing to spend that much money for what the current game provides.

Agreed, I will never be spending money on Destiny ever again. The first to two DLCs, costing $20 a piece, only provided at minimum of a couple hours at most. I was able to speed through the boring missions in both DLCs within the first day or two of having it. The only replay value in the DLCs are the broken, bugged raids and the unbalanced PvP.

Destiny =/= Warframe

Completely different games.

People need to stop comparing them.

i disagree

they are different games, but share similarities enough to compare between them

what is the things they share?

- how we starts the game {we are known, initially, as "protectors of the galaxy", we were dead/in cryogenic sleep and we woken up with the intention of return our role again}

- We persecuted by the other factions with the intention of avoid increasing of "theses protectors" by attacking the weak ones who just returned {besides the Warframe create one additional point here: they don't just want kill us, they want to capture, if exist an opportunity}

- there's a guider that show to us the way, what we are supposed to do (Warframe-Lotus, Destiny-Ghost/other NPCs)

- both games share the same theme: future sci-fi space related that use weapons and powers {and who is saying cannot compare because warframe is not FPS,  Warframe isn't because they choose like that and the rapid mobility, do you know what's happen if warframe used First person mode while using Bullet Jump, Meele spin attack or even turning that fast? we barely will use entirely our mobility because of the disruption of the location's sense}

- we travel between planets, that each one has his traits {maybe there's temporary exceptions, like Neptune and Pluto tilesets in Warframe, but this is the general rule}

- exist in same consoles (Ps4/Xboxone) at same time and are playable right now

- multiplayer mode and the character has progress while playing it

after that, the differences are shown

that's why this topic has started, besides the OP ask "Warframe is better than Destiny?" being little partial because of the place (Warframe's forum)

if exist one like that in Destiny's forum, the answers will change... a lot, pointing more outdated information of the Warframe and showing better the qualities of the Destiny that surpasses Warframe {if the moderators of the Destiny's forum doesn't kill the topic... i don't know}

Edited by Zeyez

Can we stop comparing? I hate $&*^-measuring threads like this. :P

hate, but still looks...

we are not forcing you to participate

it's as if you were throwing oil on the fire, since post on a topic makes him climb to the top of the recents, causing more people to see

comically, you are doing the worst way