The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ragdolling, A Habit Not Too Far From Addiction

LAWD

hey there, if you dint understand the topic, what i basically mean is that rwgdoll effect is used on almost any weapon and in some situations an alternative can be produced and used.

I had an idea where by an Opticor type of gun, or basically laser guns, shoot holes through enemies. Imagine the gore, it can be put to little as someone losing a limb for now as makig enemies have holes will take a dear amount of time. but it would be neat alternative.

with devstream #60 i saw the wrist mounted corpus crossbow-laser thing and thought of this idea.

not everything should use ragdoll, maybe more dismemberment or even a mix  of both.

Its all about  the gore for me, what other alternative can you think of?

that is sick... which is why u have my +1

Gore is a little lackluster, and most weapons don`t do gore properly despite their slash/puncture base (scindo p, miter are quick examples)... also. if it ragdolls, then it is impact based as that is its effect (marelok when proccing impact on a killing shot will push`em back a little, and kittag is like bowling xD)

Edited by Bizzaro21

that is sick... which is why u have my +1

Gore is a little lackluster, and most weapons don`t do gore properly despite their slash/puncture base (scindo p, miter are quick examples)... also. if it ragdolls, then it is impact based as that is its effect (marelok when proccing impact on a killing shot will push`em back a little, and kittag is like bowling xD)

hahah thank you so much, vore needs to be expressed a tad bit more, not too much though.

if impact does that pushback effect, ragdolling, doesny puncture do the same? we seen it with the famous boltor prime and impact based cernos.

the thing is, its not supposed to be the damage output that determines what knockdown effect it will haveon the enemy but the theme of the weapon, if its meant to pin enemies to walls then ragdoll, but lasers and in somecases explosions. They can just blow up  to pieces or comically have the corpus arms flying off of him with his body left in its initial position.

the art that could go to the lasers holes on the enemies would be so sick, picture it with flesh burning orange-red highlighting that hold you blasted through his chest. would be neat

hahah thank you so much, vore needs to be expressed a tad bit more, not too much though.

Gore yes.

Vore, dear god no.

Certain weapons can occasionally take chunks out of people when it kills them leaving holes, I really want weapons that always do this though, rather than occasionally.

if impact does that pushback effect, ragdolling, doesny puncture do the same? we seen it with the famous boltor prime and impact based cernos.

the thing is, its not supposed to be the damage output that determines what knockdown effect it will haveon the enemy but the theme of the weapon, if its meant to pin enemies to walls then ragdoll, but lasers and in somecases explosions. They can just blow up  to pieces or comically have the corpus arms flying off of him with his body left in its initial position.

the art that could go to the lasers holes on the enemies would be so sick, picture it with flesh burning orange-red highlighting that hold you blasted through his chest. would be neat

push back =/= pin to the wall, u have that confused, by push back I meant http://imgur.com/LX65mtG'> this

Puncture doesn`t do pushbacks, it causes holes on enemies, u can test with boltace or fang (prime)

Boltor and Cernos share something that causes the pinning effect, non-hitscan projectiles, even Twin Gremlins, which fire bullets and aren`t biased to any element, have that effect on them because their bullets take time to reach target (have projectile speed)

I think the element should determine the gore type, I don`t see a kittag or any hammer tearing mobs in half, and i don`t see a piercing weapon (puncture) tearing mobs in half

also, u need to consider FPS issues when designing such things, the gore u suggested would be awesome, but people who have trash PCs (me included) will suffer from that, I like the current gore levels, it just needs to be on all weapons that are biased to an element, and have the respective gore to that element, weapons that are not biased (sybaris, Gremlins, seer, etc) should not have anything special on kill, unless modded to a physical damage type, then have its gore applied..

The last bit makes me wanna throw up, you seriously need to chill out xD

Edited by Bizzaro21

DE should hire the guys from Killing floor and use Nvidia flex, because dat gore though. owo 

not familiar with the game but looks horrific, and hell yeah those guys know a thing about gore

nvidia flex, well theres rumours they doing something with nvidia,eversince nvidia physx dissapeared :(

Gore yes.

Vore, dear god no.

Certain weapons can occasionally take chunks out of people when it kills them leaving holes, I really want weapons that always do this though, rather than occasionally.

MOAR GORE

it woul be relly entertaining seeing an enemy take the damgge like tony montna then they just fall aftrr been pounded by bullets. same instnce for melee weapons prbably, doing the chennel thing will make them evaporate into energy or something, that could be worked onto these primaries and have that sort of effect only in a smaller area. Placeholder probably

push back =/= pin to the wall, u have that confused, by push back I meant [ur;=http://imgur.com/LX65mtG] this

Puncture doesn`t do pushbacks, it causes holes on enemies, u can test with boltace or fang (prime)

Boltor and Cernos share something that causes the pinning effect, non-hitscan projectiles, even Twin Gremlins, which fire bullets and aren`t biased to any element, have that effect on them because their bullets take time to reach target (have projectile speed)

I think the element should determine the gore type, I don`t see a kittag or any hammer tearing mobs in half, and i don`t see a piercing weapon (puncture) tearing mobs in half

also, u need to consider FPS issues when designing such things, the gore u suggested would be awesome, but people who have trash PCs (me included) will suffer from that, I like the current gore levels, it just needs to be on all weapons that are biased to an element, and have the respective gore to that element, weapons that are not biased (sybaris, Gremlins, seer, etc) should not have anything special on kill, unless modded to a physical damage type, then have its gore applied..

The last bit makes me wanna throw up, you seriously need to chill out xD

oh damn, oky confused that part majorly, and you're probably right but there is  a gore setting in game(or should be) that can let you turn it off or down. Maybe...maybe they could invest on it to what degree of gore you want, but thats  tedious work loads. maybe have some elementl types have different effects, thus adding variety. ice freezes just as it does, but viral...i have nothing for that but you get my picture by now.

just as they did the shotgun buff, with the enemies dismembering, they could add to that bht for different weapons.

They recently fixed the effect where Slash caused multiple arms and legs to fall out of the body :C

Made me so Q.Q

I hope we get this puncture effect and MOAR GORE 

haha they did? would have to check hotfix lists, MOAR GORE

oh damn, oky confused that part majorly, and you're probably right but there is  a gore setting in game(or should be) that can let you turn it off or down. Maybe...maybe they could invest on it to what degree of gore you want, but thats  tedious work loads. maybe have some elementl types have different effects, thus adding variety. ice freezes just as it does, but viral...i have nothing for that but you get my picture by now.

just as they did the shotgun buff, with the enemies dismembering, they could add to that bht for different weapons.

yes, but I like gore to a limit, what u suggest will force me to turn it off in order not to throw up everytime I get a kill...

Viral can be something like the enemy throwing up and decomposing (if u want a reference, check a movie called "Doomsday")

Blast should scatter their body tbh, not cause them to disintegrate like it does now, i mean, if someone IRL got a blast at him (grenade or anything), u see hands and legs flying all over the place, not what we see in WF.....

hmm shotguns also do gore according to their base, Sobek is impact based, so it just pushes back, Hek is puncture, it makes holes (which look awkward btw) and Tigris, Kohm, Drakgoon and a lot others, are slash based, so they tear targets apart (which feels damn good)

Edited by Bizzaro21

yes, but I like gore to a limit, what u suggest will force me to turn it off in order not to throw up everytime I get a kill...

Viral can be something like the enemy throwing up and decomposing (if u want a reference, check a movie called "Doomsday")

Blast should scatter their body tbh, not cause them to disintegrate like it does now, i mean, if someone IRL got a blast at him (grenade or anything), u see hands and legs flying all over the place, not what we see in WF.....

hmm shotguns also do gore according to their base, Sobek is impact based, so it just pushes back, Hek is puncture, it makes holes (which look awkward btw) and Tigris, Kohm, Drakgoon and a lot others, are slash based, so they tear targets apart (which feels damn good)

lol i suppose you aint a big fan aint a big fan of gore, is tgatvmovie from 90s?

basically alot needs revision, the disintegration could go hqnd in hqnd with lasers. Blast qt times just tosses them away. an outlook like that is greqt

Considering Saryn, Ember and Banshee exists, it is not gonna be a big deal if the death effects were a lil bit more gorey anyway. I mean Saryn rots the skin off people, Ember barbacues and napalms, and Banshee is pressurising people with sound. 

well im just talking bout how ragoll can be alternated witth other animations, those 3 dont have any problems, they arelovelyy

lol i suppose you aint a big fan aint a big fan of gore, is tgatvmovie from 90s?

basically alot needs revision, the disintegration could go hqnd in hqnd with lasers. Blast qt times just tosses them away. an outlook like that is greqt

erhm, them typos......

if I got u right, I am a big fan of goar, but I still have a weakness for flesh burning and stuff, you know, as least how I imagine it....

and about the movie, I don`t know, watched it randomly on TV a long while ago