The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fan Concepts Forum Concept: Sub-Categories

Rhekemi

Feedback  = "I like X. I don't like Y" 

Bug = "X doesn't work and neither does Y" 

Oh, no, not what I meant. I meant the categories are different - and Bug Reports is weirdly less specific, so a lot of things that are categorized under Feedback just get thrown into General. Warframe bugs, weapon bugs... everything gets thrown in the pile, but isn't that counterproductive?

The OP has been updated with the new category list. In the interest of having one catch-all for oddball concepts that don't fit anywhere, I've added a ninth category at the bottom for now.

Warframes
Equipment (Weapons, Gear, Archwings, Arch-Weapons, Ships, & Mods)
Locations (Tilesets, Planets, & Solar Systems)
Companions
Factions (Factions & Syndicates)
Characters (Units, Bosses, & NPC's)
Missions (Modes, Alerts, Quests, & Events)
Cosmetics
Miscellaneous 

If someone posts something in the 9th category that belongs in any of the other 8, members would have to do what they've always done: tell them it's in the wrong section. Then a mod would have to help us move it.
Edited by Rhekemi

This is a great section, but incredibly crowded, and easy to lose track of topics if you don't subscribe.

I think it would initially complicate, but very quickly simplify things in this section if we had sub-forums, or sub-categories. 

UPDATE - Below is our new list of temporary categories:

• Warframes
• Equipment (Weapons, Gear, Archwings, Arch-Weapons, Ships, & Mods)
• Locations (Tilesets, Planets, & Solar Systems)
• Companions
• Factions (Factions & Syndicates)
• Characters (Units, Bosses, & NPC's)
• Missions (Modes, Alerts, Quests, Events and PVP)
• Cosmetics
• Miscellaneous 

These are just suggestions.

I'm not sure if people make polls for this type of thing (off-site polls)... Simpler:

Disagree? Don't upvote.

Agree? Upvote.

yes.

Quick thought: Augments need their own little subforums.  It's about literally half of the mod concepts.

I disagree because if we go down that road, then we'd be making sub-forums for all sub-forums.

An augment is a kind of mod.

If others agree with you, I hope they do speak up, though.

I disagree because if we go down that road, then we'd be making sub-forums for all sub-forums.

An augment is a kind of mod.

If others agree with you, I hope they do speak up, though.

You know... probably not, at least to start with.  I just imagined clicking the Mod Concepts page, and seeing nothing but augments.

Edited by Arkinvas

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I see what you mean. But I think that might be problematic in another way: if augments are the majority of the mods, why would those be placed into a sub-forum while mods have the main forum? 

I don't know. I still think, maybe, giving them all one forum would be good to start with.

Overall, I don't know what else we should do about this topic. It's in DE's hands now.