Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your 2014 April Fool's Joke Leaked Early

Flunky

Guys, it's called Warm Coat for a reason. The shields protections is just a bonus. The effects of keeping away colds, keeping you warm, and giving you a quite stylish coat are what we should use this ridiculous handy mod for.

On a serious note though, these mods are the easiest to implement, imo, since they just effect hard values. They could use a buff alright, but it's only a prelude of better mods to come. Like Rage and Eagle Eye. They affect gameplay to a very limited extent, but they still do so. I'd say Eagle Eye and Hawk Eye are the best mods to come out of Update 8. They might need to raise crit by 0.5 percent per rank tho.(additive)

Edited by Stygi

Don't forget Diamond Skin! Although 18% DR against corpus might sound nice, it only works on health (I believe after testing). And at later defence waves, if you get put down to your health, your probably going down anyway.

I completely agree. I feel like DE is so busy with trying to look good and get more players at E3 they're making themselves look horrible and pissing off their current playerbase. Do they test these things at ALL before they put them into circulation?

Oh wait, no, that would be silly. Why do any testing on their own? We're an OPEN BETA. Snrk.

Yeah. Right. Listen, the point of a beta is to do some testing that is free of consequence to the player. The problem is, a lot of us have paid for this game in one method or another. Once they start taking money, they have a certain obligation to put out a quality product. You cannot ask the playerbase to shell out money and then turn around and say, here, test this for us for free so that we don't have to. Then let's leave the buggy pieces of excrement for you to enjoy for a few weeks until we get around to fixing it.

Popular and successful MMO's have test servers where people can beta-test their newest big patches, such as WoW and EVE. These beta servers allow the dev's to fix things quick and fast without risking exploits into the mass playerbase.

</nerdraeg>

Just abort when it's an ice mission. It's the only reasonable thing to do. Playing through it is pointless, because it's not like it nets you any extra rewards, or has anything actually function differently.

lolwut?

I dont care if i have 800 shields or 400. Or 200. Or 100. I still kill everything before it manages to shoot me.

Anyway, all the elemental mods are a total waste of mod slots.

Now... if they required like 6 mod slots max and gave like 70% resist max, then i would think about saving them for some tank builds...

1. The resistance should be significantly higher than the rated amounts to even consider using Warm Coat or the resistance mods. Even if I knew I was going to get an Ice level, there's no way I'd waste the slot/capacity to equip this. Now if you could FUSE this effect into an existing "D" mod for an increase in Capacity cost, now we might be talking (assuming the percentage gets increased). Example: Fuse Warm Coat into Redirection, increasing the capacity cost but now having Redirection give both the +shield and Warm Coat effects.

2. For resistance mods, enemies need to be introduced that use that weapon types frequently and in dangerous ways. Yea, Grineer has a flamethrower dude and the Corpus guys can cattle prod you for some Electrical damage, but that doesn't happen often. Elemental threats need to be much more common and dangerous than what they are now for these to even be of potential use, so hopefully that's in the cards somewhere and just wasn't ready for Update 8.

Edited by goodgimp

I kinda like it but I will never use it though.

It uses a mod slot and 6 to 9 mod points for ONLY 3-12% shield resistance for the very very rare case that ice hazards occure.

Its a waste in most cases and even in the case its not. 12% is nothing.

people asked for it enough, here it is and now people are upset.  where can i buy logic?

Sorry, it's something you have to study and educate yourself for. But I think what you're looking for is "understanding". As in, understanding basic principles behind a complaint. You seem to be lacking in that.

An analogy: you rent a room in a hotel that has roomservice. You ask for roomservice. They S#&amp;&#036; on a plate and tell you it's food. Would you be upset? More importantly, would you understand why someone would be upset? Even if it's the kind of S#&amp;&#036; that doesn't smell, and tastes 15% like some form of bland chocolate cream and the other 85% like S#&amp;&#036;. Would you look at the people who got upset and criticize them for lack of logic? Would you mock them over their implied "inferiority" like you're doing right now?

I doubt you would. So cut it out.

On-topic: take these mods (this, along with the elemental resistance mods) out and bring them back in once you're done making them useful. They're redundant and worthless, and only serve to clutter up the already inflated drop pool.

They either need situational mod slots, that will change based on the mission so you can have it only when it's useful, or they need more enemies using the ice damage so that warm coat has more then just an ice level effect, or finally, this really should just be an artifact.  One person brings help for the whole team and gets them probably 15 to 20% protection.

As for the "Just leave" comments for ice missions, right now, there is no penalty except in your own eyes.  Most people apparently can't handle any challenge.  Other people just play through because they selected a mission, they are going to finish.  There really should be an actual penalty to leaving a mission.

maybe these mods are meant for dueling? To reduce people's elemental damages? But even then they are quite useless as 15% is a negligible and useless % of bonus for the mod slots taken up by these mods...

Who  knows....gues we'll see....