Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did The Forums On Mobile Change?

8gbMoreRAM

>. >

<. <

Making a few tweaks for when the Nexus app gets updated. 

Hey Drew,

While you're at it, there's one thing that REALLY bothers me while using the forums from my phone, to the point I avoid using it at all:

Say I'm checking the last update's post. When I open it from my PC, it takes me to page 1, while giving me the options to instantly go to pages '1', '2', '3', 'next', and 'last page'.

Now, when I open it from my phone, it takes me to the last post, while giving me only two options: 'prev' and 'next'. So, if I want to check the first post, the one about the update, I have to click 'prev' as many times as there are pages, which right now is 9, but could be much more...

Can we have 'first' and 'last' buttons added to mobile too?

(I'm using Chrome at an Android device, in case it matters...)

Say I'm checking the last update's post. When I open it from my PC, it takes me to page 1, while giving me the options to instantly go to pages '1', '2', '3', 'next', and 'last page'.

Now, when I open it from my phone, it takes me to the last post, while giving me only two options: 'prev' and 'next'. So, if I want to check the first post, the one about the update, I have to click 'prev' as many times as there are pages, which right now is 9, but could be much more...

Same with iOS. There are only two option "prev" and "next". This is VERY uncomfortable to go to a certain page. 

Hey Drew,

While you're at it, there's one thing that REALLY bothers me while using the forums from my phone, to the point I avoid using it at all:

Same with iOS. There are only two option "prev" and "next". This is VERY uncomfortable to go to a certain page. 

Just try reading the New Valkyr Skin thread in general. 48 page loads to get to the beginning on my S6. It shows a glaring oversight.

Hey Drew,

A quick workaround to that is to change the URL to "page-X" where appropriate (or something along those lines.) It's normally around the end of the URL.

This doesn't mean that a "go to page X" feature isn't needed on mobile, but this will help navigating threads on mobile in the meantime.

Edited by 8gbMoreRAM

A quick workaround to that is to change the URL to "page-X" where appropriate (or something along those lines.) It's normally around the end of the URL.

This doesn't mean that a "go to page X" feature isn't needed on mobile, but this will help navigating threads on mobile in the meantime.

This usually does the trick, or alternately change it to "View in Desktop" mode.

Though one thing to note, is I usually do the latter, because both my older Galaxy S3, and two Galaxy S4's I went through, all take significantly longer times to load any pages when it's in Mobile View, regardless of browser.

It's not really Warframe's forums persay, as I noticed this with pretty much any Forum or Wikia site that uses this format for as long as I can remember when Mobile View became a thing; that it's just noticeably longer to load any pages, coupled in the inconvenience that you can't just hop to the respective page you want. So I just keep it in Desktop View since everything is there laid out for me with everything I'm looking for,

It might just the type of phone I have, but something worth mentioning I suppose. Switching to the S6 tomorrow, just waiting for my case to come in, so keeping my fingers crossed that the site(s) will actually load the way I assume it's intended to.

Edit: I stand corrected. I went on my phone to see the colour change, and currently the sites loads almost instantly. Hell, that's what I'm editing on now (: Although, this is in regards to Chrome's browser app, as the default browsers on samsung phones and Firefox still experience this weird load time I was talking about earlier.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow