Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Comprehensive Exalted Blade Rework Suggestion.

Epsik-kun

-snip-

My opinion tho, this is a Nerf. EBs discription says summon a sword of Pure Light and Immense Power. Not summon a Long sword or Skana. Just My opinion tho. Im a Noobie soo I will continue to Spam EB before Your Thread gets heard and this happens soo time too enjoy EB while it lasts :'(

He should be summoning a powerful sword. Maybe even an overwhelmingly OP sword, but a sword. An Exalted Fluctus is just kinda weird for a melee frame.

He should be summoning a powerful sword. Maybe even an overwhelmingly OP sword, but a sword. An Exalted Fluctus is just kinda weird for a melee frame.

Not in my opinion or the creators of this game which clearly invented this ability. Do people not like anime anymore? Samurais slash waves in lots of animes and games alike, it is your opinion but I stand firm that Exalted Blade is aesthetically Beautiful and Great mechanically. I dont want Excal to be weak and used to spam Radial Javelin again. He feels like a Super Space Samurai and I love it, let the Noobies feel OP man this is PvE not PvP and this game is an endless tiresome grind that most new players really dont wanna spend all that time to get were most of us are now.

Lets rewind back to when we were all Noobies, remember how weak you were as that Noobie Frame with your Skana/Bo? I hated it hacking away doing No damage, but My passion for Warframe got me to were I am today. New Players need something awesome and Exalted Blade is that Torch to show them the way in the Dark.

Remember Sorties and Events arent easy and Exalted Blade Nerf will be another set back, let Warframe progress and lets stop with all these Nerfs please. I only seek Buffs to all warframes. Nerfs make me sad and discourage alot of players from playing certain frames

You may be infact an Excal fan but its obvious You dislike EB spam or You wouldnt take the time and effort to write this and suggest changes.

I never ever played Excal prior to his rework. And I've been a relative noob to the game by the time of writing this suggestion. And I am a huge fan of Exalted Blade actually. It's just that EBlade can have so much more potential, than just wave spam. And, in terms of an actual gameplay, were the changes to be implemented exactly the way I suggest would result in a quite severe Excalibur buff, not the opposite.

People don't always only suggest things they personally like or dislike.

Edited by Epsik-kun

I never ever played Excal prior to his rework. And I've been a relative noob to the game by the time of writing this suggestion. And I am a huge fan of Exalted Blade actually. It's just that EBlade can have so much more potential, than just wave spam. And, in terms of an actual gameplay, were the changes to be implemented exactly the way I suggest would result in a quite severe Excalibur buff, not the opposite.

People don't always only suggest things they personally like or dislike.

Ok lemme break it down quiet Blood Raw as the older folks say, No waves in EB will make EB just a fukin SWORD, there aint no Potential in a game that everyones running and gunning and casting Magic destroying everything for just a Light sword with no Waves. This games Melee is hinder useless compared to Ranged weapons My brother. You and I and everyone in this community know this, unless if youre just being a troll i cant tell what Your intentions are but I come to the conclusion that your not serious about making him better only toning him down a bit, or alot. 

I wont say your idea is terrible to not make you feel offended but lets not sugar coat S#&$ here, this will more likely ruin him then better him tbh

I guess this game is all about not getting too comfortable and enjoying what you have momentarily, everything gets changed and ruined and destroyed then fixed and its a vicious cycle, i fear for Warframes future, One Nerf Thread here, another Buff thread there.

I really wanna register in My mind that You like Excalibur but it doesnt process to Me. How about this? Why dont You just not play with Exalted Blade and let the guys who love sending out Slash Waves play and enjoy this marvelous ulti? Everyone can be happy

No waves in EB will make EB just a fukin SWORD

I never said to completely remove waves. I repeat, if my suggestion to be implemented, it would be a buff. Now either go and read the actual post or stop arguing about things you have no understanding of.

I never said to completely remove waves. I repeat, if my suggestion to be implemented, it would be a buff. Now either go and read the actual post or stop arguing about things you have no understanding of.

Let Me rewind, I dont want you feeling like Im trying to argue. Well a friendly debate My friend I may have expressed myself with some profanity but I dont want to turn this into a negative debate. After all this is just a Game, we shouldnt bash each other over that but I stand firm in my idea, I did read your post and I understand You want specific combos installed into EBs stance making players pic and chose which ones to use like if this was Mortal Kombat. 

In order for this to still be viable Exalted Blade would need slash dash type combos that make him Charge in very fast at far distances with several slash dash charged combos. I can see this working well if the Slash waves are kept into certain combos and Channeling Combos could be the Wave Spam then that will drain the crap outta EB. 

Sound better?

Guest NinjaFresh007

Not in my opinion or the creators of this game which clearly invented this ability. Do people not like anime anymore? Samurais slash waves in lots of animes and games alike, it is your opinion but I stand firm that Exalted Blade is aesthetically Beautiful and Great mechanically. I dont want Excal to be weak and used to spam Radial Javelin again. He feels like a Super Space Samurai and I love it, let the Newbies feel OP man this is PvE not PvP and this game is an endless tiresome grind that most new players really dont wanna spend all that time to get were most of us are now.

Lets rewind back to when we were all Newbies, remember how weak you were as that Newbie Frame with your Skana/Bo? I hated it hacking away doing No damage, but My passion for Warframe got me to were I am today. New Players need something awesome and Exalted Blade is that Torch to show them the way in the Dark.

Corrected your post.  The word is 'newbies' (someone new to the game and willing to improve) rather than 'noob/noobies' (someone who has no interest in improving and only wants to leech).

"Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own."

Your suggestion would make the game more complex and difficult for more newbies while having little to no effect on veteran players. It would create an even further skill/capability divide among those who are otherwise underpowered due to lack of proper mods/currency to obtain the requisite level of power for the content they are attempting to do.

Let's be real here: What is the real reason you want Exalted Blade to be more complex to use?  Because you don't want newbies to use it.

Why wouldn't you want newbies to use it?

Because you:

-dislike the ability itself (animation/sounds/power/whatever)

-dislike seeing someone else 'steal' your kills (despite this being a co-op game)

-have some personal ego issue you need to address

Most veteran players are not playing (normal) Excalibur as a frame.  Out of all 3 starters, Excalibur is the best suited for newbie players to the game in both utility and survivability against all 3 factions.  Both Volt and Mag are severely limited in many respects whereas Excalibur can hold their own.

Exalted Blade is part of Excal's kit; making things more complex will only hinder newbies rather than create some exciting meta-game of combos or whatever silly thing your original post thinks it is doing.

You know some what might improve the game?  Bug fixes, better performance fixes, and so on.  Not wasting dev time on something that will only hinder newbies and make the elitists feel good about themselves.

Exalted Blade gets the job done and it gets it done in a way that doesn't require memorizing combos or performing keyboard gymnastics.  Most players aren't playing on PC with a controller (for many reasons, the UI being one of them).  Not everyone can do complex combos on a keyboard when it is an effort just to do a running slide dash.  Shift + Control + W + Mouse Click is a lot to ask for many players who aren't as young as they used to be or otherwise have some accessability issues.  Adding in more complexity on top of that to stroke your personal ego will not help the situation.

Edited by NinjaFresh007

Corrected your post.  The word is 'newbies' (someone new to the game and willing to improve) rather than 'noob/noobies' (someone who has no interest in improving and only wants to leech).

"Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own."

Your suggestion would make the game more complex and difficult for more newbies while having little to no effect on veteran players. It would create an even further skill/capability divide among those who are otherwise underpowered due to lack of proper mods/currency to obtain the requisite level of power for the content they are attempting to do.

Let's be real here: What is the real reason you want Exalted Blade to be more complex to use?  Because you don't want newbies to use it.

Why wouldn't you want newbies to use it?

Because you:

-dislike the ability itself (animation/sounds/power/whatever)

-dislike seeing someone else 'steal' your kills (despite this being a co-op game)

-have some personal ego issue you need to address

Most veteran players are not playing (normal) Excalibur as a frame.  Out of all 3 starters, Excalibur is the best suited for newbie players to the game in both utility and survivability against all 3 factions.  Both Volt and Mag are severely limited in many respects whereas Excalibur can hold their own.

Exalted Blade is part of Excal's kit; making things more complex will only hinder newbies rather than create some exciting meta-game of combos or whatever silly thing your original post thinks it is doing.

You know some what might improve the game?  Bug fixes, better performance fixes, and so on.  Not wasting dev time on something that will only hinder newbies and make the elitists feel good about themselves.

Exalted Blade gets the job done and it gets it done in a way that doesn't require memorizing combos or performing keyboard gymnastics.  Most players aren't playing on PC with a controller (for many reasons, the UI being one of them).  Not everyone can do complex combos on a keyboard when it is an effort just to do a running slide dash.  Shift + Control + W + Mouse Click is a lot to ask for many players who aren't as young as they used to be or otherwise have some accessability issues.  Adding in more complexity on top of that to stroke your personal ego will not help the situation.

Can I call You Ninja Swag? xD

I hear You My dude, alot of People always Slap us in the Face with this reply.... GIT GUD!!!

Nah thats arrogant and discouraging to anyone willing to pick up this game and get deep into it, I ventured here for a year straight and I have a passion for this game, I live My kid Fantasy I wish this game was around when I was a Kid I can turn into w.e type of Hero I want instead of just being a Ninja I can be w.e I want.

OP has the right to his opinion but does this mean it should be forced on us? Not at all, I have seen a world of these Exalted Blade threads asking the same thing about toning down the waves, this aint nothing new. As well as the Hysteria Nerf threads asking to take away her Invincibility.

Makes sense right? She is Restricted to Melee only, and therefor cannot reach her enemies as fast as Your guns soaking in there chests!

If Exalted Blade is restricted from waves then make Him as well Invincible while in EB will only be Fair

Edited by AKKILLA

There's a difference between running your eyes through the suggestion and making an actual effort to understand it. From the game design standpoint, casual player will still be able to get an absurdly lot from suggested version of Exalted Blade, losing a bit of the kill speed, but winning on the survivability part. Casual player using Exalted Blade will still steamroll through the starchart in the same fashion they can do it right now. And it would take quite an effort from another player, to outperform suggested EBlade with other weapons.
Thinking that this won't have an effect on veteran players means you not only didn't understand what the actual changes suggested, but also not know what a "veteran player" is.

Let's be real here: What is the real reason I want Exalted Blade to be more complex to use? Because I like some depth to gameplay. Thinking I would go out of my way to write a comprehensive suggestion that targets pretty much every aspect of EBlade (including its accessibility to newer players with Excalibur being a starter frame) just because "I don't want newbies to use it" is not only rude, but also quite stupid.

I hear You My dude, alot of People always Slap us in the Face with this reply.... GIT GUD!!!

If Exalted Blade is restricted from waves then make Him as well Invincible while in EB will only be Fair

On an unrelated topic, I suggest you to tone down the way you show your excitement on The Internet, due to it making your posts less pleasant to read.

On topic, however, I still suggest you, again, to go and read the actual post and to think about it a bit. Because I did suggest rising up EBlade defence stats. Giving Excalibur full Hysteria invincibility while letting him to have several times her range, comparable DPS and additional utility would be a plain idiocy in a sense of both game balance and design.

You, guys, may not know it, but with current EBlade, when you face enemies of over lvl 60, the most efficient way to take them down is to come up close. As the level goes higher, you start to spend more and more time in enemies' direct proximity as your waves start to become weaker and weaker. Around level 100, you are better off with slicing up even regular enemies up close, than wasting your time by slashing them with waves only. This is a thing that already exists. This is the level of gameplay difficulty, when frames like Excalibur and Valkyr start to show their actual power. This is what their design is based around - and that's the reason why these frames can oneshot everything on star chart when modded at least half-properly.
And my suggestion is based around this gameplay, that you will have to face sooner or later, if you plan on using Excalibur for the intended purpose. It will increase his potential scaling in late game, including both damage and survivability. It will increase the impact waves have on gameplay, by allowing maybe slow and less spamable, but actually high-damaging wide waves.
And at the same time, it will tone down the aspects of EBlade, that many people dislike - the way it can be used by turning your brains off and tapping one button repeatedly.

And about little game complexity brutally murdering newbies for some reason - we have Movement 2.0, frames like Limbo and the current modding system. This game is already has a tendention of rewarding an effort and skill. No one will die from it, honestly.

Oh wow! Another one of these! It's even necroed! Cool!

Why do people keep wanting to fix something that's not broken?

If you wanna take away the waves, then you best be prepared to give excalibur more hp, shields and/or armor or even invulnerability like Valkyr.

I mean this is a coop game. People work together to take down enemies but the only thing people still seem to be concerned is "My teammates kills more than me".

Excalibur is a damage dealer frame like Valkyr so of course comparing to a healer like Trinity, a tank like Rhino or Frost, he should deal high damage and he gets lower survivability stats in exchange.

It's fun playing as him because you can still die if you messed up with the energy/ability usage balance during a mission.

If he's not fun for you, find a frame that is? There are tons of many others.

In fact, I rotate my frames every now and then, and though not all suit my gameplay style but it's way better than trying to destroy other players' favourite or most fun frame.

Sorry but I have seen this many times before already. First was slash dash then came radial javelin then now again trying to do it to exalted blade.

When does this stop? Just lock him behind MR10 please. Maybe that will stop this madness for once.

Alright, can I have show of hands of all those who played far enough to notice that at some point in time, spamming E doesn't deal enough damage to kill everything or even lower enemy health much and pressing 2 to radial blind too often will run you out of energy and so you had to resort to using the sliding blind and using the stance move that knocks down enemies at the last strike?

So?

Noone?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Sorry if I come across as being too harsh but this has happened so many times before already and I'm seriously sick of it already. Everytime excalibur gets fun to play with, he gets nerfed till he's crap to the point they rework him again then rinse repeat.

I still think they should just lock him behind a high MR rank because maybe for once, people will start looking at him as something else other then "starter frame = must be the lousiest"

Precisely!

By the way, you forgot to mention Hysteria comes with innate life steal and a blast around her once she deactivates it.

This is not the first time this has happened already.

Earliest incidence of "perfecting" the frame was on slash dash changes then came radial javelin then came radial blind with exalted blade.

We finally got the boat floating at close to perfection. Please stop trying to "fix it to perfection" and end up capsizing the boat again.

If Excalibur gets hit again, some other used as a comparison such as Valkyr will also get hit eventually to "balance" the game.

I seriously hope we don't go down the path of Nerfframe again because that was one of the reasons why I left this game for a period previously and it is seriously getting annoying.

Yes! Seriously, there is nothing stopping any of us from just running up to the enemy and being "swordsmansy" right now, even with the waves.

In fact, it has happened for me since I couldn't kill them fast enough (I couldn't use radial blind either because it was a sortie with energy reduction and I had 75 energy max) and they were right in my face but with the knockdown move, I managed to finisher some of them on the floor and also slide blind some of them before finishing off the rest.

Hmm..this I can agree on.

Currently, the only 2 stance moves I use is the one that knocks down and the sliding blind.

The rest, to be honest, I sometimes can't really tell the difference though there seems to be one that deal a little more damage and is pretty long.

So, yes. Make the stance moves more varied with more difference but keep the waves.

A close range Excal with the current stats will suck bad and also be pretty much just a weaker Valkyr or Wu Kong, though of course if that somehow happens (I have seen him going back and forth in usefulness for a long time already so I won't really be surprised either) , we can always revert him back to just being a radial blind spam machine which I seriously hope we don't.

There's a difference between running your eyes through the suggestion and making an actual effort to understand it. From the game design standpoint, casual player will still be able to get an absurdly lot from suggested version of Exalted Blade, losing a bit of the kill speed, but winning on the survivability part. Casual player using Exalted Blade will still steamroll through the starchart in the same fashion they can do it right now. And it would take quite an effort from another player, to outperform suggested EBlade with other weapons.
Thinking that this won't have an effect on veteran players means you not only didn't understand what the actual changes suggested, but also not know what a "veteran player" is.

Let's be real here: What is the real reason I want Exalted Blade to be more complex to use? Because I like some depth to gameplay. Thinking I would go out of my way to write a comprehensive suggestion that targets pretty much every aspect of EBlade (including its accessibility to newer players with Excalibur being a starter frame) just because "I don't want newbies to use it" is not only rude, but also quite stupid.

On an unrelated topic, I suggest you to tone down the way you show your excitement on The Internet, due to it making your posts less pleasant to read.

On topic, however, I still suggest you, again, to go and read the actual post and to think about it a bit. Because I did suggest rising up EBlade defence stats. Giving Excalibur full Hysteria invincibility while letting him to have several times her range, comparable DPS and additional utility would be a plain idiocy in a sense of both game balance and design.

You, guys, may not know it, but with current EBlade, when you face enemies of over lvl 60, the most efficient way to take them down is to come up close. As the level goes higher, you start to spend more and more time in enemies' direct proximity as your waves start to become weaker and weaker. Around level 100, you are better off with slicing up even regular enemies up close, than wasting your time by slashing them with waves only. This is a thing that already exists. This is the level of gameplay difficulty, when frames like Excalibur and Valkyr start to show their actual power. This is what their design is based around - and that's the reason why these frames can oneshot everything on star chart when modded at least half-properly.
And my suggestion is based around this gameplay, that you will have to face sooner or later, if you plan on using Excalibur for the intended purpose. It will increase his potential scaling in late game, including both damage and survivability. It will increase the impact waves have on gameplay, by allowing maybe slow and less spamable, but actually high-damaging wide waves.
And at the same time, it will tone down the aspects of EBlade, that many people dislike - the way it can be used by turning your brains off and tapping one button repeatedly.

And about little game complexity brutally murdering newbies for some reason - we have Movement 2.0, frames like Limbo and the current modding system. This game is already has a tendention of rewarding an effort and skill. No one will die from it, honestly.

Tone what down? I haven't been rude or made any sort of degrading or disrespectful comments to You My good Sir.

If You feel offended or maybe the the high density of people not agreeing with this posts content discouraging You I suggest You keep a positive mind set and not get disappointed over peoples opinions. Now there are some people who go over board and say things I have heard like on My thread

LOKI MASTER RACE

That urkes Me to no extent, but I couldnt help but laugh at the Ignorance some kids here post.

Does that give Me the right to Bash them? Not one bit, thats there opinion, everyone has opinions.

Your thread is understandable. Reduce Wave spam by 90% and force complex combos to add variety to Exalted Blades attacks. You clearly are not a wave spammer, and I can only imagine when You see a new player in squad spamming E Blade waves it probably gets under Your skin and made You conclude to writing this thread, quiet understandable, You dont like tomatoes on Your Burger soo dont eat tomatoes homie.

Some of us Love Tomatoes on our Burger and Tomatoes are actually good for You. Soo are Exalted Blade Waves, I dont think its Over Powered one bit, I have died in several Sorties, thanks to Shadow Step i can get an edge on the Higher level enemies to survive.

Im not a Pro player at all. I rather have the mind set that Im always a Newb that is always constantly learning, why?

Things like this, if Your suggested rework was to be implemented I will adapt and find a way to excel and play him as such, but I honestly Love slashing waves everywhere I think its fun. 

Thats My Opinion tho. Im entitled to My opinion as You are to Yours, just take out the Tomatoes from Your Burger and eat what you like.

Let us eat our Tomatoes, they taste great :)

I love excalibur and played him almost exclusively for a long time. When the reword came, I was sad to see super jump go, but welcomed EB.

I often use an EB build for my excal and I'm love it, except it gets mindless. The only change EB need is cooler combo that are actually useful.

A combo with a movement, a combo with 1 final bigger slower waves. I mean put some action in it. I want visual satisfaction of using awesome move.

Give me a great spin Link-like on charge attack. Give EB charge attack.

No need for all the fancy talk about damage numbers, DE just need to make a cool and satisfying stance.

The only nerf I'd bring is not infinite punch through, something akin 4-5 meters. Can go through a ton of enemy, not a ton of walls. Maybe a bit of wave range nerf and allow power range to increase it. 

Now I agree that a wave on every attack might be much, but it's not that bad. If only we had a fun stance.

So I agree EB needs change, but it pretty much only need a new stance imo, nothing too complex jusd cool badass moves, like anime characters like someone said.

Btw, fun combo don't need to be hard to perform.

And omg I said nerf, nooooo it's the end!!

• 3 months later...
On 30.09.2015 at 11:04 PM, Epsik-kun said:
Hello there. 

First off, I have to say I don't think the current EBlade is bad/OP/actually NEEDS to be reworked, etc. I'm a relative noob with just little over a hundred hours of play time, I've only seen EBlade in early T4 or slightly prolonged T3 maximum. It's good, it feels powerful (top damage while holding Ext Key, what is my life), but lacks that "press 4 for win" feeling, which is good (the lack, not the feeling).

However, I feel like while EBlade is awesome and stuff, there could be done some design improvements, to make it more complex, but at the same time more rewarding instrument.

The two main problems I have with EBlade are:

1) Its brainlessness;

2) The stance.

What do I mean by brainlessness. EBlade isn't OP, but it is a universal answer to pretty much anything. If you want to melee - you EBlade stuff. You want to shoot - you EBlade stuff. You want AoE - you EBlade stuff. You want single target damage - you get the idea...

Yeah, as the game goes, weapon which can outperform EBlade in some of these categories start to appear, but not in the overall versality. Basically, most of the time, the only reason you don't want to have EBlade up is to conserve energy.

And, actually it isn't bad. I'm perfectly fine with it. It's an ultimate which gives you a weapon. Why shouldn't it be an ultimate weapon?

Tha real problem is, all of the above is achieved via simply tapping melee attack button.

There's an unique stance, and that's good. But the stance pretty much does nothing. The most effective way to fight with EBlade is by simply tapping attack as fast as you can. Combos are effectively drop your damage, due to being slower, while not providing noticeable reward for using them, aside from style points. Yeah, there's a ragdoll attack in the end of a one particular combo, but how often you ever going to actually land it? You better off with just swinging EBlade and not caring for actual combos.

And it's not like you actually want to melee stuff. Why would you want to melee stuff, when energy waves do it faster?

So, in the end, best option is to sit in a place and spam waves. Which isn't bad, tbh, but isn't that cool and epic™.

So, with the walltext of my reasoning being over, what do I actually suggest:

Rework for EBlade:

1) Make it an actual longsword (the ones you hold with both hands - close to what heavy blades are);

2) Keep it average speed the same;

3) Increase its range to something like Orthos P range;

4) Increase (double) its damage;

5) Return 100% damage block from the front, when not swinging it, add some damage block when you do swing it;

6) Remove waves from the basic combo;

Then, rework for the stance itself:

1) First combo is pretty much unchanged, save for the fact Excal is not swinging energy Skana, but a considerably bigger (visually and effectively) longsword. This is the combo you'll be using when you're running around as it doesn't affect your movement;

2) Second combo should consist of wide attacks with moderate damage multiplier. It could use some dashes and spins, but not for the first hits. This is the combo you'll be using when fighting in a croud;

3) Third combo should be a single-target killer, consisting primarily of vertical slashes and thrusts with high damage multipliers. Last attack could be an aimed thrust (meaning you could aim it at enemy/boss weak spot for maximum effectiveness) with even higher damage multiplier. Optionally, opening target for a finisher, if it somehow managed to survive the final thrust (I'm looking at you, enemy scaling);

4) Second and third combo should provide innate knockback immunity;

5) Finally, fourth combo is the combo that allows you to fire waves again. Waves should be bigger and deal more damage than before (to match the EBlade damage itself) but the combo itself should progress very slowly with a big time windows between swings, going vertical slashes and ending with wide horisontal ones. This combo probably shouldn't have actual movements in itself, to allow the old trick of sitting and shooting waves, but you wouldn't be able to do it while running.

If it's possible, combo selection should be possible on the very first hit. I get, that everyone should just get gud, but when you're trying to react to what is happening around you, and what you need to do as a result - ability of precise selection of your options is a good design.

Let's say, 1st combo is usual E, E, E, E; 2nd is E, pause, E....; 3rd is hold E, E... and 4th is RMB + E, E... - something like that.

Also, one of a very nice part of current EBlade is sliding Radial Blind. It's a great thing, that makes you sometimes stop spamming waves. How about expanding this idea further?

1) Sliding attack stays Radial Blind as it is. Arguable, could use some animation changes. For example, the sword itself just flashing in mid-swing, without additional following animation;

2) Jump attack becomes toned down version of Slash Dash - no multi-targeting, shorter distance, slightly different animation, but still providing a little homing effect (just a little) and movement capabilities;

3) Slam attack procs Radial Javeling at the end, for the radius just slightly wider than the slam itself. Damage or/and number of targets are toned down;

4) Wall attack gives you a second EBlade which does 7 times the damage, because no one uses wall attacks.

As the atmospheric part (aka "mah Skana on Excal"), the new EBlade could be a transformed Skana itself. I mean, when Excal uses his ultimate, he draws his usual Skana first, and then with a visible effort transforms it into a big longsword.

Slash Dash, Radial Blind and Radial Javelin all use the same Skana animation, unless EBlade is activated. If that's the case, Skana in animations is changed for the longsword, while the abilities themself receive some bonus of a sort.

Sooo... There are my little thoughts on Excalibur's Eblade. Thank you for reading, if you somehow was able to made it (I'm sure I wouldn't).

LOL? it's a;ready press to win button just clicking E til you lost finger  almoust no skill need to have tons of dmg with him and great surv when he blocking everything add lifestrike to it and that's all. Rly? increase the damage? i hope youre kidding and no1 will even think to make these rework get into life .

Combos are so chorey and lame to pull off in warframe that you'd need to rework the combo system before ever considering making it a viable thing to build around

If this was actually done in a good manner you could consider having combos make it behave differently but not until then

• 2 months later...