Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aoe Lanka

Siekier

Question

So, I noticed something strange when I was testing my Gas+Electric Status Lanka build and I'm looking for some explanation.

I went to simulacrum and tested it against groups of 10 enemies - either Corrupted Ancients or Corrupted Heavy Gunners. Enemy lvl was set to 50.

There are few things I don't quite understand.

First off, shooting enemy separated from the group inflicted much less damage on him than shooting him when he was surrounded by other enemies. It seems like the more enemies are affected by AoE, the more damage I inflicted.

Can someone explain why?

For example, can electric proc froma single shot travel multiple times between same two enemies?

Another thing.

I used this build --> http://goo.gl/9dl6EN

When I swapped Continuous Misery for Stormbringer I expected an increase in damage. Actually, the results were opposite. That's another thing I don't understand. 

Stormbringer should bring burst damage up.

Continuous Misery extends proc duration, so it's more sustained than burst damage.

And yet it looked like CM upped burst damage more noticeably than Stormbringer.

Can I get some explanation? I haven't used AoE Lanka much before, it seems like a fun setup but I'd like to know why it works this way.

3 answers to this question

Warframe can do some strange things if the Enemy has less Health than your single shot has Damage.

if you were to crank the Enemy Level more, the Damage Numbers should be more reliable. and stick to unArmored Enemies, for simpler numbers.

as for grouping - unless the other Enemies are having Electricity or Gas applied to them, the AoE doesn't bounce back to them, no...

you have Heavy Caliber, if two Enemies are being hit by your shot, then they will AoE each other.

Lanka has punch through, I think.  What's happening is you're hitting multiple enemies (I think) and proccing a lot of aoes that strike around each other, so like, you hit two, and a procs gas and b procs electric, A's going to take the bullet damage, the gas dot damage, and the electric aoe damage.

This was once my Derelict Vauban's weapon and spec of choice.  I moved on to a Gas/electric Tysis with puchthrough, as it seems to work a lot better for that purpose due to the rate of fire.  

Power Company damage combo (Gas and electric) is great for turning status weapons into high AoE damage with diminishing returns as the horde is whittled down.

Stormbringer should effect the damage of the shot, but it wouldn't effect the damage of the proc.

Headshots used to do extra damage on top of the headshot bonus, but I think that was removed. 

As for the AoE increasing with more enemies nearby, as taiiat said, maybe you were hitting multiple targets, either through HCal or Lanka's innate punchthrough.