Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Physically Strong Are The Tennos? (Counting The Suit Strength)

tinyranitar

I Don't think they could compete with spiderman in terms of physical abilities, but i'd say (imo) they are about 2 to 3 times stronger than let us say captain america. Just looking at how high they can jump or how fast they can swing a scindo without tearing themselves apart.

Tenno can probably lift 2 tonnes with a little effort, maybe 5 tonnes with high difficulty.

Acceleration due to gravity is 7.34ms-2 for all Tenno.

​What about Zephyr? She's lighter than all the other Tenno, even though weight has nothing to do with gravitational acceleration, but she can slightly float in the air IIRC

​What about Zephyr? She's lighter than all the other Tenno, even though weight has nothing to do with gravitational acceleration, but she can slightly float in the air IIRC

You are confusing mass with weight. Weight is affected by gravitational acceleration (as weight is a force, and force = mass x acceleration), mass does not. 

You are confusing mass with weight. Weight is affected by gravitational acceleration (as weight is a force, and force = mass x acceleration), mass does not. 

Oh no, lol. I meant that weight doesn't affect the speed of gravity, drag does (Zephyr is made of a lighter than air steel, which apparently makes her float)

Not that gravity affects weight, sorry if that confused you.

Oh no, lol. I meant that weight doesn't affect the speed of gravity, drag does (Zephyr is made of a lighter than air steel, which apparently makes her float)

Not that gravity affects weight, sorry if that confused you.

Since Zephyr is one exception out of 20+ Warframes, I can just ignore her trait and say "all Tenno.".

Not strong at all, they can be knocked down by space future dogs.

Any strength they got comes from the activation of their powers. 

No amount of strength will save you from inertia from collisions unless you're actively rooting yourself into the ground. Spacedog is probably around the same mass as tenno, so it approaching fast is more than enough to knock the reletavely light tenno over. Probably the actual reason why we can't use Arch-Gun not in space is the recoil is too much without dampening from the archwing.

Also, atlas w/o mods is immune to knockdown apparently.

But yeah, I'd agree, tenno/warframes without using powers aren't particularly strong per say. Certainly more than elite athlete levels, but not huge superhuman sort of strength. Spidey is probably a good example of average power level without surge stuff (i.e. Parkour 2.0 moves that make the frame glow, which are likely weak use of "tenno" powers.).

How much modding weapons and level enemies matters is weird, and makes raw strength combat wise hard to judge. But punching up cyborg clones in power armor and shielded robots means that tenno have pretty reasonable combat strength, once again, more than a match for normal humans. Bombards/Napalms are probably more than capable of tossing around normal human people like one would a cat.

No amount of strength will save you from inertia from collisions unless you're actively rooting yourself into the ground.

Which you should be doing in the middle of COMBAT!

Also, atlas w/o mods is immune to knockdown apparently.

It's a passive effect from the warframe itself.

But yeah, I'd agree, tenno/warframes without using powers aren't particularly strong per say. Certainly more than elite athlete levels, but not huge superhuman sort of strength. Spidey is probably a good example of average power level without surge stuff (i.e. Parkour 2.0 moves that make the frame glow, which are likely weak use of "tenno" powers.).

Spider at his weakest could lift 8 tons.  So we cannot user spider-man at all.

We can use comic book Captain America, NOT MOVIE ONE, who is top level athlete and could lift like twice his weight?

How much modding weapons and level enemies matters is weird, and makes raw strength combat wise hard to judge. But punching up cyborg clones in power armor and shielded robots means that tenno have pretty reasonable combat strength, once again, more than a match for normal humans. Bombards/Napalms are probably more than capable of tossing around normal human people like one would a cat.

Grineer suits dont look like power armor. It looks like normal clothing except for the chest, shoulders, and backpack.

Grineer suits dont look like power armor. It looks like normal clothing except for the chest, shoulders, and backpack.

They have cybernetics that allow them to jump 5-10 meters up. And the helmet has aiming software IIRC.

Rhino can.

I6XhEij.png

Z7ANZ87.png

RpyjutO.png

True, especially when you think about the Daikyu, considering how much more strain it takes to draw the bow. They're definitely well into the superhuman range.

Hmmmm.The bow part .... not exactly.

Read the Paris Prime (codex or wiki?)entry. It's mentioned that it features even better kinetic strength. That means all the bows in Warframe are augmented with space-ninja-boom-boom technology!

Which you should be doing in the middle of COMBAT!

When I say rooted, I mean more at the level of literally nailing yourself into the ground. That being said, there are mods that give up to 90% knockdown resist, so that's probably what they do. Melee blocking also prevents knockdown, which is what actually is what you should be doing if you don't want to get knocked over by spacedog.

Being fast, jumpy and accurate comes at a cost.

It's a passive effect from the warframe itself.

Well yeah, he actually is rooted into the ground I'd guess.

Spider at his weakest could lift 8 tons.  So we cannot user spider-man at all.

We can use comic book Captain America, NOT MOVIE ONE, who is top level athlete and could lift like twice his weight?

Yeah, I really shouldn'tve used spidey, Capt' is a good one. Probably looking at 150-200 kg comfortably with no strain, and a peak of around 1.5-3 ton I'd guess.

Well, I'm thinking more Techs/Bombards, but yeah. Though, with the amount of implants Grineer have, I would almost count them as power armor, but yeah, they're actually more of cyborgs.

Responded in quote with bold.

Edited by Tostov

When I say rooted, I mean more at the level of literally nailing yourself into the ground. That being said, there are mods that give up to 90% knockdown resist, so that's probably what they do. Melee blocking also prevents knockdown, which is what actually is what you should be doing if you don't want to get knocked over by spacedog.

Being fast, jumpy and accurate comes at a cost.

Dude, American football, rugby, sumo, if what you say it's true none of the sports i mention would be impossible.

Dude, American football, rugby, sumo, if what you say it's true none of the sports i mention would be impossible.

Tell you what, give me a video of some dude hitting a target with a gun while being tackled and easily staying upright, and then we can talk.

As I noted like, in the next sentence, if you melee block, you're not affected by almost all knockdown. All those examples you give are instances of this. Besides, people get tackled plenty in Football/Rugby etc. Generally, the only time they're not is when they're moving slow with braced movements, or are outrunning whoever's trying to get them. Or outmass their opponent.