The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Mesa Energy Drain Since Update.

UberSamurai

Essentially, Peacemaker is unusable.

I know this is great news for all the people that like to whine about over-powered blah blah blah, but for those of us that enjoy going to higher tier content, things like this cut our legs off.

Since the update, Mesa drains over 400 energy in less than 20 seconds, and that's with a full efficiency build. I even tested if it was somehow connected to duration, and it still felt like a max Blind Rage with no efficiency. Her energy drains so fast, you simply cannot use it for how little her damage is to enemies over level 30 - 40.

I don't know if this is intended, or is some sort of bug. If it's a bug, then a fix would be wonderful. However, if this is yet another nerf to yet ANOTHER much needed frame that can be taken to high level content, well... good job. I guess it's back to... wait for it... RHINO, Trinity, Valkyr, Excal. No real need to even run the other ones, they're just going to have their legs chopped off because they're "over-powered."

I guess there's no need for skill either.

Also, for the record, I LOVED the changes to the way Peacemaker works. Adds more to it than just "hold this button down." This is not some rant about the revision, this is purely about the rick$&*^ulous energy drain. 

Edited by Graxin

IMHO this was the wrong approach to Mesa

FWIW yes peacemaker required less user-input, but that was precisely becuz the ability is supposed to be an aimbot, its her going nutz

I think instead of making it a toggle on/off ability DE should have just given it a duration restriction timer/limit

Mesa power drain looks like it is working as intended. For toggle abilities like Peacemaker, power duration now affects energy cost. You can see the effects if you look here.

pB1WQbb.jpg

xdpp68t.jpg

Base cost 15 per second, with maximum efficiency (-75% of base), is 3.75/second.  If you modded for negative duration (i.e. fleeting expertise and transient fortitude), your cost per second will be very high indeed.

Edited by Momaw

Ok i think i got the problem Blind Rage mod F***'s the energy drain, without blind rage i have 175 power strenght and cap of 175 (fleeting + streamline gives me 190) energy efficency, an i use like 3,75 energy per second, but when i use lvl 2 Blind Rage that uses -15 % efficency and gives + 27 % power strenght (still capped for efficency 175%) , that gives me 202% power strenght and the enegry efficency i still capped 175% and i use 7,89 energy per second, the only thing that have chandged was the strenght , can DE pls tell me WTF is going on ???????????

Ok i think i got the problem Blind Rage mod F***'s the energy drain, without blind rage i have 175 power strenght and cap of 175 (fleeting + streamline gives me 190) energy efficency, an i use like 3,75 energy per second, but when i use lvl 2 Blind Rage that uses -15 % efficency and gives + 27 % power strenght (still capped for efficency 175%) , that gives me 202% power strenght and the enegry efficency i still capped 175% and i use 7,89 energy per second, the only thing that have chandged was the strenght , can DE pls tell me WTF is going on ???????????

Fleeting Expertise is -60% duration. I'm not 100% certain, but you also appear to have a rank-8 Transient Fortitude and rank-5 Continuity equipped, so that's a total of -52.5% duration that you're not accounting for. Here's your channeling cost before you added a rank-2 Blind Rage:

15 x ( 1 - 0.6 - 0.3 ) / ( 1 - 0.6 - 0.225 + 0.3 ) = 15 x 0.211 (+78.9% efficiency) ---> 15 x 0.25 = 3.75 (+75% efficiency)

Since your efficiency was greater than the +75% cap, you will only have the minimum energy cost. With -15% efficiency from a rank-2 Blind Rage:

15 x ( 1 - 0.6 - 0.3 + 0.15 ) / ( 1 - 0.6 - 0.225 + 0.3 ) = 15 x 0.526 = 7.89 (+47.4% efficiency)

When calculating the efficiency of channeling costs, you have to factor in duration.

Edited by PsycloneM

Your calculations are bs. Not wrong, just bs. Mesa runs out of energy in a couple of seconds with max eff and decent duration (I used duration anyway on her because... shatter shield). Meanwhile Ember and Equinox can keep their ultimates toggled on for hours and hours. The energy consumption on Mesa is a bug. It cannot be intended to run out of energy that fast. 3.7 energy per second for peacemaker and 0.8 energy per second for Maim and WoF. Yea... DE please...