Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still No New Info On Umbra?

Fighting_Street

Question

China already got another exclusive...why is china getting treated better? is it because he's the child that gets Straight A's? 

Cant we just be told new information regarding him already?

-puts a heavy bookshelf in front of his door-

oh dear god the founder salt army should be arriving soon...

I think that OP, really wants is for DE, just to post that old post, with updated information, at this point alot are bealiveing and myself, that they are refusing to talk about it, and they are saying Excal won't come out for so odd mouths, so we forget about it and no longer care, but that's not the case here.

I whuold assume it will come along with U18, as meny people think, so, but if not, then there is going to be some issues going on on the forms agien. its just bad for business and very rude and unpoitle to leave us players in the dark like this.

To be fair, DE may still be trying to figure out what they are going to do with Umbra's. [DE]Steve mentioned he wanted them to be a thing, but the last community vote was against it. How its lore works also frames their place in the game and how we will get them. For example, I theorize the Umbra's could be the Tenno that never returned from Tau Ceti. If Umbra Excal is to be a one of a kind, then they need to justify that, if there is a legion of Umbra's then they need to address that. Some of these decisions would take time to work out.

To be fair, DE may still be trying to figure out what they are going to do with Umbra's. [DE]Steve mentioned he wanted them to be a thing, but the last community vote was against it. How its lore works also frames their place in the game and how we will get them. For example, I theorize the Umbra's could be the Tenno that never returned from Tau Ceti. If Umbra Excal is to be a one of a kind, then they need to justify that, if there is a legion of Umbra's then they need to address that. Some of these decisions would take time to work out.

Which poll were you referring to? Because I saw more yes than no's when it came to Umbra.

Which poll were you referring to? Because I saw more yes than no's when it came to Umbra.

I'll look again. Last I heard it was for against.

Now I feel manipulated. The only thing I can think of is the combined no's and undecided edge out the for it's.

Are you excited for Excalibur Umbra?
  1. bullet_star_rated.png Yes! (832 votes [43.86%])

2. I’m not sure yet. (674 votes [35.53%])

3. No. (299 votes [15.76%])

4. No opinion on this topic. (92 votes [4.85%])

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

I'll look again. Last I heard it was for against.

Now I feel manipulated. The only thing I can think of is the combined no's and undecided edge out the for it's.

Are you excited for Excalibur Umbra?

• bullet_star_rated.png Yes! (832 votes [43.86%])[/size]

• I’m not sure yet. (674 votes [35.53%])[/size]

• No. (299 votes [15.76%])[/size]

• No opinion on this topic. (92 votes [4.85%])[/size]

Yeah the people who don't want it are the minority so it's very unlikely for him not to be released because of those who say no.

Yeah the people who don't want it are the minority so it's very unlikely for him not to be released because of those who say no.

Agreed, though I wasn't suggesting Umbra Excal wouldn't be released. I was suggesting that the timing maybe delayed while DE considers how they want to release him. In a Pack like the China-build, in a quest, etc. Also, is it an isolated frame, or part of a new series? DE has to weigh these decisions and then come up with the assets to introduce it. It would probably easiest to do a pack, and just make a lore blurb. I mean the lore blurb for the China-build was virtually nonexistent. A pack is also the least interesting way to bring in a new frame or series. The others are more interesting, but cut into time. Even if it would be better.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

Agreed, though I wasn't suggesting Umbra Excal wouldn't be released. I was suggesting that the timing maybe delayed while DE considers how they want to release him. In a Pack like the China-build, in a quest, etc. Also, is it an isolated frame, or part of a new series? DE has to weigh these decisions and then come up with the assets to introduce it. It would probably easiest to do a pack, and just make a lore blurb. I mean the lore blurb for the China-build was virtually nonexistent. A pack is also the least interesting way to bring in a new frame or series. The others are more interesting, but cut into time. Even if it would be better.

DE could say we were protecting the Umbra in the Natah Quest which would make sense in a way. Edited by (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000

China already got another exclusive...why is china getting treated better? is it because he's the child that gets Straight A's? 

Cant we just be told new information regarding him already?

-puts a heavy bookshelf in front of his door-

oh dear god the founder salt army should be arriving soon...

These kinds of threads are just unnecessary: They are to start unkind and pointless discussions 

We will get Umbra, it's just a Promotional/Marketing Gear, please read the following thread:

CHANGYOU

No new info.We have to wait and see.

I can understand the frustrations but patience is our virtue at the moment.

These sort of threads do not stir much of anything but negativity. Last reports stated it's going to be making it's way to global in a few months. If anything new pops up, you'll see it here on the forums.

Locking thread to preserve the quality of the forums.