Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rift Sigil - Regarding Project Undermine

Hawk_of_the_Reborn

Back when the Phoenix Escalation Tactical Alert came out, we all know that time. Absurdly leveled enemies on one of the least liked gametypes, after it was completed, only a small amount of players went beyond and forever more and recieved what we now can get by finishing an easy tac alert. Now this easily finished-in-30-seconds-blindfolded-with-Mag-on-solo "Tactical Alert" just gives out the Rift Sigil out for free. Wow, at least you could have made me have to actually earn the stupid thing :/ I feel that unique items like that should be worth what they are, earn them properly. Boss sigils are appropriate since they can only be dropped by one boss each, once. So if you already have a Vor Sigil, you can't just keep bullying him for more than one sigil, why you'd need more than one is beyond me. Why could it not be the same for what I have already spent many countless hours and many failed attempts? It was once only but a small amount of players, less than 200, who actually was able to get such an insanely hard item, myself one of them. Now don't think I'm having elitism, which I'm not. But for the love of Luna, please have the Rift Sigil harder to get. I wore it proudly to signify the time of that Phoenix Tactical Alert, for the sake of "Never forget that stupidly hard mission" Now that it has been reduced to something on a more common scale, newer players won't even understand how much importance this sigil has unless they ask around or look around in the wiki about its history. 

I don't care about its availability, I actually would like more players to display the cool looking sigil, knowing they have something that isn't as plain as most other Sigils. But I am mildly disturbed on how easy it is to obtain. Come on, at least make it somewhat harder to get, that way other players who haven't got it before can feel like this is something that they wouldn't throw away as garbage. On a second note. How is it that I got a "second" one? Could you have at least disabled a function to where it doesn't give one to a player who already have the original Rift Sigil?

Way to Undermine some of us who tried so hard for that little extra bit of shiny.

Way to Undermine some of us who tried so hard for that little extra bit of shiny.

Bad pun is bad.

And no, the Phoenix alert wasnt difficult or anything. It just simply a good change of pace that was fun and easy to accomplish. Besides that, lets be honest here, everyone knew that sigil was coming back. It was way too popular to not to bring besides the fact that its not exclusive anyway

Boss sigils are appropriate since they can only be dropped by one boss each, once. So if you already have a Vor Sigil, you can't just keep bullying him for more than one sigil

Actually... you can. You can also sell your extras, 1k cr ea..

2pt12kp.png

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/435580-vor-sigil-why-twice/

Edited by AXCrusnik

Bad pun is bad.

And no, the Phoenix alert wasnt difficult or anything. It just simply a good change of pace that was fun and easy to accomplish. Besides that, lets be honest here, everyone knew that sigil was coming back. It was way too popular to not to bring besides the fact that its not exclusive anyway

I am okay with it not being exlcusive. I just felt that it was devalued. This current Tactical Alert is much too easy, the Potato and Snipetron was good enough rewards imo, but throwing in the Rift Sigil was like going to the bathroom and winning a good chunk of money for just taking care of business  :/

Actually... you can. You can also sell your extras, 1k cr ea..

2pt12kp.png

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/435580-vor-sigil-why-twice/

Oh, that's rather silly

Edit: Spelling correction on "business"

Edited by Hawk_of_the_Reborn

I am okay with it not being exlcusive. I just felt that it was devalued. This current Tactical Alert is much too easy, the Potato and Snipetron was good enough rewards imo, but throwing in the Rift Sigil was like going to the bathroom and winning a good chunk of money for just taking care of busniness :/

Rift sigil isn't a guaranteed reward FYI. Could actually be pretty rare. Maybe you were just the 1,000,000th person to take care of their business.

Edited by AXCrusnik

The alert wasn't even that hard... we went with 2 ashes with killing, 1 banshee to keep them under control and a Nova for slowing them down and easier killing. Piece of cake. And also, it is the best looking sigil in the game. Why have it locked up for other players who were new back then and lacked the equipment/skill to complete it? And it's also a incredibly low chance of getting it.

Edited by (PS4)seannowxxl

The alert wasn't even that hard... we went with 2 ashes with killing, 1 banshee to keep them under control and a Nova for slowing them down and easier killing. Piece of cake. And also, it is the best looking sigil in the game. Why have it locked up for other players who were new back then and lacked the equipment/skill to complete it? And it's also a incredibly low chance of getting it.

Even so, I should not "qualify" to get it at all, since I already had it the first time it came out. Come on, there's players out there who's did this current TA 100+ times and got nothing.

Which part on this TA drops it? I need to know, cuz ill grind it nonstoply for it :D

All of tactical alerts have a chance to drop it, but it's super rare. Some have done 100 runs and got nothing. I have done the run at least 40 times now. The second mission is easy with loki because it's a quick rescue mission. The spy mission wastes time if you get detected, thus turning into an annoying exterminate. The last mission is an exterminate with high leveled enemies and over 200 of them.

Also to the OP, that mission isn't even hard to be honest. There's a video of a Loki soloing it and beating it. It was easily cheesed because the interception AI's back then were stupid, you would always be able to cap three or four areas because the AI was too busy trying to kill you instead. So with a loki, you can disarm them and just stand on a rail, while going invisible to re-cap any areas.

All of tactical alerts have a chance to drop it, but it's super rare. Some have done 100 runs and got nothing. I have done the run at least 40 times now. The second mission is easy with loki because it's a quick rescue mission. The spy mission wastes time if you get detected, thus turning into an annoying exterminate. The last mission is an exterminate with high leveled enemies and over 200 of them.

Also to the OP, that mission isn't even hard to be honest. There's a video of a Loki soloing it and beating it. It was easily cheesed because the interception AI's back then were stupid, you would always be able to cap three or four areas because the AI was too busy trying to kill you instead. So with a loki, you can disarm them and just stand on a rail, while going invisible to re-cap any areas.

I'm sorry, but I don't try-hard with solo Loki. Another thing, I don't play Warframe solo, I hate solo. If I wanted to solo, I would not be playing a multiplayer game in the first place.

This oozes "I'm a pretty princess and things should be my way".

"Now don't think I'm being elitist, because I'm not"  Then the very next sentence, you basically state it's a status symbol, here's a definition "a possession that is taken to indicate a person's wealth or high social or professional status."  You are by definition being elitist.  People go on to establish that Phoenix Escalation was actually easy, you were just doing it the hard way.  You responded by saying you don't try-hard.

If people want to "earn" the sigil, they can just go in with a mag, decked out in all rank 0 weapons and earn it that way.  Where as the actually intelligent players will forgo that inane thought process and just follow the path of least resistance.  Is it easy? Yeah, it is, so was Phoenix Escalation solo or with a group.  But it's unreliable.  I'm 70 missions in, spent the better part of the day trying to get it, and still have bumkis.

They could scale every enemy up to lvl 150 for this mission and guess what I'd do? Yep, Loki Prime, solo, with irradiating disarm, and faceroll through it just as effortlessly as I do now, it'd just take more time.  Warframe isn't a hard game and it's just a sigil.  It literally has 0 influence on the game, and 99% of players aren't going to even pay attention to what's plastered on your warframe's chest.  I get more comments about my solid pink excalibur than I do any sort of clever color scheme/design I come up with.

Because no one cares.  Warframe apparel is like a model train set, you'll spend all this time perfecting it, in the hopes that if just one person praises you, it won't feel like such a waste of time.

This oozes "I'm a pretty princess and things should be my way".

"Now don't think I'm being elitist, because I'm not"  Then the very next sentence, you basically state it's a status symbol, here's a definition "a possession that is taken to indicate a person's wealth or high social or professional status."  You are by definition being elitist.  People go on to establish that Phoenix Escalation was actually easy, you were just doing it the hard way.  You responded by saying you don't try-hard.

If people want to "earn" the sigil, they can just go in with a mag, decked out in all rank 0 weapons and earn it that way.  Where as the actually intelligent players will forgo that inane thought process and just follow the path of least resistance.  Is it easy? Yeah, it is, so was Phoenix Escalation solo or with a group.  But it's unreliable.  I'm 70 missions in, spent the better part of the day trying to get it, and still have bumkis.

They could scale every enemy up to lvl 150 for this mission and guess what I'd do? Yep, Loki Prime, solo, with irradiating disarm, and faceroll through it just as effortlessly as I do now, it'd just take more time.  Warframe isn't a hard game and it's just a sigil.  It literally has 0 influence on the game, and 99% of players aren't going to even pay attention to what's plastered on your warframe's chest.  I get more comments about my solid pink excalibur than I do any sort of clever color scheme/design I come up with.

Because no one cares.  Warframe apparel is like a model train set, you'll spend all this time perfecting it, in the hopes that if just one person praises you, it won't feel like such a waste of time.

If I were what you claim me to be, then I would be *@##$ing about how it's available to anyone and how much it needs to stay exclusive to premium grand master founders. I'm complaining on how I was able to get this on my first try, Yet I already had it. I don't need another one, I should not have been getting it, since I already had it since the Phoenix Escalation. I am complaining about how the first time to get it was only obtainable through ridiculously leveled enemies for an absurd amount of waves on a rather boring game type, Interception. Though now I have come to realize that the Rift Sigil is through RNG, like everything else, in ridiculous ratios. 

So, why was I able to get this on my first run? Yet others who are still grinding and burning themselves out on this game to get this damn thing? Those who already have had this the first time, shouldn't be able to get it again; it's just silly to have another one. Selling it wouldn't be worth God knows how much grind one had to go through just for a bit of pocket credits :/ This applies to everything else in this game, such as Wraith Weapons, badges, other sigils and so on. So yea, if you would have read this whole thread, you would have noticed my understanding of my initial misunderstanding.

TL;DR: Stop TL;DRing

If I were what you claim me to be, then I would be *@##$ing about how it's available to anyone and how much it needs to stay exclusive to premium grand master founders. I'm complaining on how I was able to get this on my first try, Yet I already had it. I don't need another one, I should not have been getting it, since I already had it since the Phoenix Escalation. I am complaining about how the first time to get it was only obtainable through ridiculously leveled enemies for an absurd amount of waves on a rather boring game type, Interception. Though now I have come to realize that the Rift Sigil is through RNG, like everything else, in ridiculous ratios. 

So, why was I able to get this on my first run? Yet others who are still grinding and burning themselves out on this game to get this damn thing? Those who already have had this the first time, shouldn't be able to get it again; it's just silly to have another one. Selling it wouldn't be worth God knows how much grind one had to go through just for a bit of pocket credits :/ This applies to everything else in this game, such as Wraith Weapons, badges, other sigils and so on. So yea, if you would have read this whole thread, you would have noticed my understanding of my initial misunderstanding.

TL;DR: Stop TL;DRing

Well aren't you a lucky son of a gun? Tell you what ill take the extra sigil off your hands as RNGesus has not blessed me with it depspite me farming phoenix alert and this both 40+ missions each time

I'm sorry, but I don't try-hard with solo Loki. Another thing, I don't play Warframe solo, I hate solo. If I wanted to solo, I would not be playing a multiplayer game in the first place.

You're dodging the point. The phoenix alert wasn't difficult to do, it was incredibly easy to cheese and plenty of people just solo'd it because the most difficult part was stupid team members killing CC'd enemies and making fresh enemies spawn instead of leaving them. I would have liked a challenge because, lets be honest here, banging your head against an RNG wall and hoping it magically explodes into candy is boring as all hell. However, let's not exaggerate the difficulty in toying with the dumb as a sack of potatoes AI from phoenix alert.

You're dodging the point. The phoenix alert wasn't difficult to do, it was incredibly easy to cheese and plenty of people just solo'd it because the most difficult part was stupid team members killing CC'd enemies and making fresh enemies spawn instead of leaving them. I would have liked a challenge because, lets be honest here, banging your head against an RNG wall and hoping it magically explodes into candy is boring as all hell. However, let's not exaggerate the difficulty in toying with the dumb as a sack of potatoes AI from phoenix alert.

Unlike you, not every person is MLG-get-rekt-noob. It wasn't easy, not even close. Servers were crud, constand DC's even at the last moment of the last wave. Do you know how many times that Alert almost made me permanently quit Warframe? It was Hard, you needed to CC and not kill them. Killing them was a waste, they were bullet sponges, and even then more would just show up to replace them. If you screwed up, just one little bit, game over. So that means if you were on the last wave, and your team got cleaved by a grunt, you'll have to start all over again. Stop trying to lie to me, yourself, or to others who may still be reading this.

Phoenix Escalation Tactical Alert was almost as hopeless as evil not existing. It was really hard. Was it genuine difficulty? Perhaps not. But it was still way better than just Zorren-coptering through endless level one enemies who get one shotted if you just sneeze on them. After I finally finished it, and got that shiny, I felt that maybe there was hope for Warframe and its difficulty problems after all.

Long story, short: Phoenix Escalation was still hard, you can't say otherwise, for most people. Others need to take a break.

I'm sorry, but I don't try-hard with solo Loki.

You're dodging the point. The phoenix alert wasn't difficult to do, it was incredibly easy to cheese and plenty of people just solo'd it because the most difficult part was stupid team members killing CC'd enemies and making fresh enemies spawn instead of leaving them.

Unlike you, not every person is MLG-get-rekt-noob.

. . .

Long story, short: Phoenix Escalation was still hard, you can't say otherwise, for most people. Others need to take a break.

I'm sorry, but surely you realize how ridiculous you sound. What's the point of anyone trying to converse with you if you're just going to devalue what they say?

To be honest, I'd argue that getting it now is even more difficult considering it's behind RNG. Some people have run and are going to run these endlessly and never get it.

It was once only but a small amount of players, less than 200, who actually was able to get such an insanely hard item, myself one of them. Now don't think I'm having elitism, which I'm not.

Coulda fooled me.

snip

I like how you're only using certain excerpts of what is said about my initial complaint and misunderstanding. What part of "RNG is wack. Those who already have something like this should not be able to get it again, since they aren't tradable nor are they worth selling for a piddly 1,000 credits. Due to the ridiculous RNG behind them" do you not understand?

RnG is RnG. You either get them or not get them. It applies to everyone.

Now let me enjoy my 5 Tempo Royales and let me *@##$ about it in the Forums about it dropping for me and not for other, if not most people.

EDIT for more bragging rights due to this thread: Another Rift Sigil, Wooooo. Whatever gives a F*** if you already have like, oh, one.

That, and aside from that, you're lucky. This ain't going to apply for everyone and because of that you just can't devalue everyone due to this game's RnG nature for missions. Four and still adding up. I just play vidya gaimz, not complain about them. (~ ¬ -¬)~.

If you care about the Sigil so much, what's the point of selling it? If you don't care about your second sigil so much, what's the point of keeping it? Like you said, it ain't tradable. That, and it doesn't affect you game-wise. Cool Factor Only.

Edited by ViroVeteruscy

RnG is RnG. You either get them or not get them. It applies to everyone.

Now let me enjoy my 5 Tempo Royales and let me *@##$ about it in the Forums about it dropping for me and not for other, if not most people.

If you care about the Sigil so much, what's the point of selling it? If you don't care about your second sigil so much, what's the point of keeping it? Like you said, it ain't tradable. That, and it doesn't affect you game-wise. Cool Factor Only.

·Mods do not count, this is about sigils. Tempo Royale is tradable and not otherwise "exclusive to only one way to get it ever". Sigils and badges are not, if I recall. 

·You answered your own question in the second part. Why can I not share this with somebody else who has grinded themselves to death with well over 40+ runs and still got nothing for this? Now it's over, and I don't know how many players have it from this year. Letting me have another one is a waste. Please read through the thread and see what all has been discussed.