Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help With Excalibur Build After Update 17.5 And Duration Effect On Energy Drain

(PSN)MJ-Cena7

Question

this is my build before update and the old stats http://imgur.com/a/G3tV8

now i am not sure about the actual numbers after the duration changes but i think it will be above 2 per sec how should i change my build is this case. i was hoping to use the same build on valkyr and ember post update but i guess it will be heavy energy drain, and isn't this a huge nerf to toggle abilities in general, specially to fleeting expertise and blind rage combo. which will result is either u running out of energy faster, will be a problem if u use life strike more often is late game, or u just drop blind rand and fleeting expertise but u lose most of your dmg, i though about using narrow minded to compensate for duration and help radial blind but the range penalty will kill radial blind anyway. any suggestions ideas or builds will be helpful thnx in advance.

4 answers to this question

If you plan on focusing on the Exalted blade, you'll want to add a duration mod, since having your duration below 100% will hurt you bad.

Switch out the Transient Fortitude or Rage for Continuity and you'll have a little bit less of an issue. You'll still have a lot of damage, but with this you'll have a much better duration, which will really help your issue with energy.

If you swap out Transient then you'll have 57.5 more duration in exchange for 55 strength, which isn't all that big of an issue.

With trading Rage you lose some potential energy, but with Exalted Blade you should be killing enemies before this really matters.

Just my opinion.

Without looking at the build, there's a decent rule of thumb for maintaining high efficiency for both active and channeled abilities;

Add Streamline

When adding Fleeting Expertise, add Primed Continuity as well

When adding Transient Fortitude, add Constitution as well (Or swap the PCont for NM if you don't care about range)

So I'd run Vit+Rage+SF for health, Streamline+FE+PCont for Efficiency, and either TF+Intensify for some strength or Intensify and Stretch for a larger, longer RB.

For a 'strength' build I'd run Streamline, max FE, Intensify, max TF, and a duration mod like constitution or continuity to counter the duration loss from TF. You would end up with +90% eff and ~40% duration, which works out to the ideal efficiency of 25% cost for EB. Adding in Blind Rage would require the use of multiple additional duration mods (meaning losing range on RB from NM) or accepting a much higher EB cost. So stick with +85% strength for now, imo.

Edited by Darzk