Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Couple Questions From A Returning Player

Royce_Bracket

So I quit playing a couple of months back, but then I saw that there was a sweet new skin for my favorite warframe (Been a fan of Valkyr since her release, farmed all her parts and now Valk is my most played frame by far.). I'm pretty out of the loop, and so these are my questions:

1. What is the current meta? The last time I played, the Synoid Gammacor was freshly nerfed from its spot of being the best weapon by far, and the faction syandanas were just getting released. What are the current OP weapons, and how are the Paris Prime/Drakgoon/Synoid Gammacor/Soma Prime now? How well do they fare against T4 Voids and long survivals/defenses?

2. How much is Handspring worth? Saw the new utility mod slot and thought that'd fit super well with Valk. 

3. What is the go to way to farm exp? The last time I was here, it was to have like 2 Excaliburs mashing 4 and a Trinity spamming Energy well in a grineer interception with some buff frame like Rhino. Is that method still the most efficient, or will I just look stupid typing LF>Rep Farm?

4. What frames are OP now? The last thing I remember is the Mesa bandwagon where you hold 4 and destroy everything within a certain radius.

1.- the new rngwall grind ship

2.-in valkyr? not much valkyr is inmune to knockdown with hysteria, also can be deactivated now

3.- ceres - draco

4.- mesa got nerfed to the ground, ember is the new mesa now

Ah, thanks for the answers. What do you mean by "rngwall grind ship"? Also, what changes did Ember get to make her that powerful; I only know about the WoF toggle.

mesa didn't get nerfed, they made her more skill-based.  Don't get the two confused.... I've seen a youtube video where some guys took two equinox's into an ODD and swapped out damage counters, which was an incredible replacement strategy.  

Also, a lot of the duration based ults were converted to energy consumption, like Ember in his example.  Now her ult can last minutes instead of seconds depending on your energy consumption rate......

1.- the new rngwall grind ship

2.-in valkyr? not much valkyr is inmune to knockdown with hysteria, also can be deactivated now

3.- ceres - draco

4.- mesa got nerfed to the ground, ember is the new mesa now

Don't want to start an argument but Mesa did deserve that nerf. She is still a pretty good warframe and one of my favorites to play. Although I hope peacemaker does get a few minor changes (Power consumption buff, maybe dmg distribution change). Another thing that I noticed is that her new peacemaker range doesn't seem to get impacted by range but I still need to do some further testing.

mesa didn't get nerfed, they made her more skill-based.  Don't get the two confused.... I've seen a youtube video where some guys took two equinox's into an ODD and swapped out damage counters, which was an incredible replacement strategy.  

Also, a lot of the duration based ults were converted to energy consumption, like Ember in his example.  Now her ult can last minutes instead of seconds depending on your energy consumption rate......

"The term "nerfing" comes from the online gaming world of Ultima online

At one point in the game, the developers reduced the power of swords in melee combat.

This resulted in players complaining that it was like they were hitting each other with nerf bats, not swords.

From then on, if ever something gets made less worth while than it had been originally, it is considered 'nerfed'"

---------------------------------------

there you have it

Edited by Toppien

She got nerfed. The fact that she needs range mods now vs just Eff+Power and Dur means she got nerfed. Had the reticle size been based on duration that would have been okay, but range?

So I quit playing a couple of months back, but then I saw that there was a sweet new skin for my favorite warframe (Been a fan of Valkyr since her release, farmed all her parts and now Valk is my most played frame by far.). I'm pretty out of the loop, and so these are my questions:

1. What is the current meta? The last time I played, the Synoid Gammacor was freshly nerfed from its spot of being the best weapon by far, and the faction syandanas were just getting released. What are the current OP weapons, and how are the Paris Prime/Drakgoon/Synoid Gammacor/Soma Prime now? How well do they fare against T4 Voids and long survivals/defenses?

paris prime still good rakta cernos is now an option for bows as well

dragoon meh hek and tigris are your primary shotguns pick your favorite of the two camps

synoid still same damage but ammo consumption makes it pretty bad might as well use twin grakata (yes we have those now)

soma prime i dont think it was nerfed but all the other options are becoming viable so its not a necessity anymore

2. How much is Handspring worth? Saw the new utility mod slot and thought that'd fit super well with Valk. 

valkyr has knockdown recovery speed doubled as her new passive for most frames you use either mobilize patagium or one of the elemental bullet jump mods. occasionally rush tho aim gliding is faster than sprinting anyway so play style choice i suppose.

3. What is the go to way to farm exp? The last time I was here, it was to have like 2 Excaliburs mashing 4 and a Trinity spamming Energy well in a grineer interception with some buff frame like Rhino. Is that method still the most efficient, or will I just look stupid typing LF>Rep Farm?

draco was just nerfed with the mesa rework and excals been completely reworked he still has javelin but its his 3 and no longer works without a line of sight. currently the fastest is either stealth missions or survival.

4. What frames are OP now? The last thing I remember is the Mesa bandwagon where you hold 4 and destroy everything within a certain radius.

mesa is technically stronger now but she requires you to aim her peacemakers thus no more petting the cat while you play. currently valks ult is ungodly strong equinox and ember have become scrubbing bubbles tile scrubbers. nyx's absorb and chroma effigy are cheap enough to abuse again. really there are no over powered frames left other than possibly valkyr (give her a couple weeks to adjust before we make that thread tho) there are just a handful of under powered frames left.

"The term "nerfing" comes from the online gaming world of Ultima online

At one point in the game, the developers reduced the power of swords in melee combat.

This resulted in players complaining that it was like they were hitting each other with nerf bats, not swords.

From then on, if ever something gets made less worth while than it had been originally, it is considered 'nerfed'"

---------------------------------------

there you have it

depends on how you define "worth while", considering that criteria changes per person

Hmm, interesting. Does anyone know how much Mobilize/Patagium are worth, and and how much Sancti Tigris/Rakta Cernos are? Are they 50p standard like the faction sidearms or more expensive?

Holy crap I regret pawning off all my Ember P. junk for ducats. Are those pieces really worth like 50-100 plat?

Edited by ArdentSky

For number two, it might please you to know Valkyr's passive is a built in handspring, as well as the fact that she has no hard landings which really help her mobility. Handspring will make it even better tho.

Personally I'd recommend you don't xp farm, as that's the real cause of burnout for a lot of people. Just level weaps against your favorite faction in a survival or run stealth spy missions for xp; I've largely avoided burnout this way. But hey you do you; I won't impose my fun on your playstyle.

1 : All the weapons you mentioned are still very viable. Drakgoon also got a huge buff with U17 : try it. The Tonkor is also played a lot.

2 : With Valkyr you probably may not be interested to use it, since Hysteria prevents all foms of knockdown. But on almost everyone else, it's a life saver.

3 : IMO, don't think about it. Just pack some friends, go in an infinite gamemode, and have fun. That's how I do, and it works well. :p

4 : Don't think about it too. Use what you like.

She got nerfed. The fact that she needs range mods now vs just Eff+Power and Dur means she got nerfed. Had the reticle size been based on duration that would have been okay, but range?

Isn't that how a tank mesa is built if you are going for anywhere more than 20 waves t4 def or survival?? So mesa is buffed and not nerfed. If you considered being a auto 360 turret with no defenses, bad scale up value as buff your choice no offense here.

Isn't that how a tank mesa is built if you are going for anywhere more than 20 waves t4 def or survival?? So mesa is buffed and not nerfed. If you considered being a auto 360 turret with no defenses, bad scale up value as buff your choice no offense here.

what? i don't get this.

Okay lemme clarify. Mesa Eff+Power+Duration was a thing before the change. Now you have to put range. So more required mods. So Nerf.

Think about it. 2 efficiency mods, 3 power mods, 3 duration mods = 8 mods for 8 slots. Now, you need range, possibly 2. What do you remove? Hence Nerf.

The old mesa was pretty tough with high Shatter Shield up time. And the damage wasn't bad with 3 power mods either. I don't get how that became a "360 degree turret with no defenses".

So you either sacrifice Efficiency, Duration or Power Strength for range (which was not necessary before) so yes, it's a nerf.

I'm not talking about 360 degree shooting. I'm talking about the build.

And guess what, there's only 1 other skill that benefits from range... and it's that annoying skill (in a team), shooting gallery. Nerf.