Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Syndicate Marks

MDrigz

Question

I've recently been running syndicate missions with a friend. I do Red Veil and Steel Meridian (both of which I have max standings). He has Red Veil, Perrin Sequence, and New Loka. He's not max standings. I can always see the marks in his missions, but he doesn't always see the marks in my missions. There was one instance where he could only find 4. It literally said 4/4. Then I have a 3rd friend that joins us once in awhile. He has no syndicate yet (he's new) but he can find all the syndicate marks in our missions. The question is, how exactly does this work?

13 answers to this question

Good question.

I had a buddy jump into a SM mission with me and he could not see the marks either, I figured it might be because he joined part way through (don't know his standing with SM either) and never really investigated further.

There are three possible situations that are happening:

1) Syndicate missions are divided into five tiers: Respected, Honored, Esteemed, Revered, and Exalted (since you're Red Veil). You get three missions a day from your tier, which I assume is Exalted. If your friend is Revered, and you're Exalted, your friend cannot collect marks if you taxi him into an Exalted mission

2) You might be in Europa. Europa is bugged, and can't spawn all 8 medallions in most missions

3) If your friend joins halfway through a mission, and you've already picked up 4 marks, those marks DO NOT RESPAWN on his screen

I am guessing that the whole thing is bugged and even DE has no clue what is happening. I have been farming medallions for a while with friends and it's totally hit or miss on who can see them. Sometimes they can't see them but the icon still pops up to pick them up so they still get them. The only constant seems to be that the one who actually has the mission can always see them, other than that, it's totally random. I wish DE would either fix the bugs or clarify the hows and whys of all of it so we can stop wasting so much time.