Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Radar Mods Vs Closed Doors - The Spawning Dilemma.

ScorpDK

This is an issue I noticed in my stealth runs very often, especially on Grineer tilesets such as the Asteroid Mining Base. Despite having a maxed out Enemy Radar and even my sentinel/kubrow running their version of the mod, sometimes the map shows no enemy activity whatsoever, until the moment you enter the activation field of the door, and suddenly there's 5-10 enemies standing less than 40 feet away from you and -NOW- they are on the map, but it is too late, as the enemies have already seen you and entered alert mode, ruining your stealth run for this section.

(best place to experience this issue is the tileset piece with the short elevator and the large gate to its right, which tends to have the room with all the knocked-over lockers and loot boxes behind it.)

This is a recurring issue, and I assume is caused by the wonky way that spawning works. Enemies won't always spawn inside rooms until you open them - sometimes enemies spawn in the far-off distance of longer hallways if you stand a good distance away or, even better, behind a door-frame and snipe their allies, you can see their replacements spawn in in out of thin air. You can repeat the process for a good amount of time, until the new guys eventually start spawning somewhere else, and if you're unlucky, directly behind you which is equally stupid.

I think the spawning system needs to be revised desperately - including a much needed "minimum spawn distance" and "not in the same room / dead ends" that ensures enemies cannot spawn close to the player if he/she is anywhere far away from a logical spawn point - meaning any physical point of access, such as doors. Also no Army coming out of a tiny locker room after it's been cleared already. 

If you're alone on some long bridge, able to see both sides of it effortlessly, then turn around for 2 seconds and suddenly there's a squad of 12 Grineer just THERE, in the middle of the bridge, with no explanation as to how they got there so fast...that's jarring.

I get that you want to keep the game engaging, fast and difficult - but at the same time you have to consider players that play the game slow, methodical and safe. The last thing a stealthy sniper Tenno needs is an entire squad popping out of nowhere right behind him while he is scoping in on some lone fool that has been walking in circles for the last 5 minutes.

Spawned in to a Uranus Exterminate mission tonight--with 140-ish enemies--and 70 of them popped into existence IN the tile that I spawned. XD It was crazy, it was fun, but it was also very not cool for stealth. All throughout its hallways, after the deluge of initial baddies, I kept thinking that, "Hey, there's gonna be a ton more people on the other side of that door," but it inevitably continued with empty halls. (until the underwater archwing began)