Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Viper Sound Change

Meatsikle

I am NOT liking the new Viper sounds at all!

That gun used to sound like it was seriously kicking &#!; like a buzz saw on steroids.

Now it sounds like some pussy pew pew space gun.

Come on guys you just killed one of my favorite guns in the game.

Meat :-(

Yeah, not excited about that either... They sound like nerf guns now, contrary to the old sound that really sounded badass and gave the vipers weight and made them sound powerful. Now they are just dartguns... The new sound loop isnt even fast enough for the normal viper rof and you hear much less shots than you actually fire :\

I also hate the new sound, the old sound made me feel like you were shredding enemies a few bullets at a time. Now it sounds like you are playing the mosquito to them and their heads are exploding. (btw that would be a really cool weapon/gadget if you had a small remote of some sort that sent out a aoe of a high pitch frequency and it made all of the bio organisms in the aoe's heads explode.)

New sound is awful, it's quiet, there's no meat in it, force, there is nothing, puuii puiii piiuiu. How this sound has survived and has been accepted in to this upgrade? Viper/Vipers lost all fun.

Sounds like 10 men spitting.

+1

Edited by KaszaWspraju

The twin vipers are my favorite dual-type weapon in the game, I would really like to see the old sound back. It was an AMAZING sound effect.

About as distinct to the twin viper as the sound of the Pulse rifles in Aliens. It is a sound you remember.

This yet another oversight that was left out of the 8.0.5 patch notes. They probably felt the sound was obnoxious, which was the reason for toning down the Dethcube gun sound (at least that one was documented). Personally I thought it was perfect and made them very satisfying to use.

The new sound is lackluster and totally anemic. Another vote here for returning the original firing sound.

While I do like the old one better, the new ones aren't so bad. They actually sound like they're suppressed. If you watch some spy movies they sound like silenced pistols.

To hell with suppressed shots, they're quieter than afuris but use a larger caliber. That right there is illogical.