Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Viper Sound Change

Meatsikle

i can understand people not liking the new soind, but...erm i actually like it

the old sound was cool but the fact that i had to turn the volume down just because of it makes me favor the new sound.

other than that i have to agree, the sound could be a little more bangy, i would love something in the middle of the old and the new sound.

right now it sounds like it has some sort of homebuilt silencer on it, which doesnt really work.

but dont put back the old sound, i dont want to blast off my ears ;-)

you know what ? i'm gonna go ahead and change my previous statement. I've been playing a bit with the dual vipers , i have 2 things to say.

1. The new sound is easier on the ears.

2 . It lacks the character of the older sound though, the distinct sound of the dual vipers shooting away was what made it stand out more, what made squad mates know that you are using dual vipers , with fanfare and all .

wtf they changed twin viper sounds? :-(

gotta check that

Remember to place your ear next to the speaker so you can actually hear them in the current state. You might mistake the sound for a deflating balloon. <.<

Once, again. I loved the original sound.

I've noticed many games do this, which I disagree with. When I fire my gun, I want a loud, POWERFUL noise. Halo 3 did this very poorly, while Halo 4 did this rather well. Now, I never used the Dual Vipers, so I don't know the old sounds, but I think I'd prefer louder sounds that sound like guns going off.

Combat is meant to be noisy, having quiet guns just makes it stupid.

It sounds like someone blowing raspberries instead of the previous amazing sharp SMG sound.

Let's keep up the analogies.  It sounds like someone shooting BB's out of an air rifle.  :D

Actually, if they wanted to change the sound, they could've made it sound like a gun shooting angry bees and I would've been fine.  Just a long buzzing mini-gun sort-of-sound.  Quieter than the old sound, but louder than the new one!

Adding my voice to this thread too, the new Vipers sound like garbage. They sound like nerf-guns. I already had an issue with how far they toned down the screen shake on Scindo, at the very least make it as big as it was for the client but not the other players. It felt like it lost it's weight.

Same as the Vipers lost thier power, there is no power behind these. Enemies though still act as though they are loud as the nine hells.

• 2 months later...

You're right, I think that's what is throwing it off.  We had a lot of sound and a lot of dead before and now there is nerf gun sound but still a lot of dead, it feels weird/stupid but atleast it still gets the job done. 

Example:

So get a nerf gun and shoot it at someone and have them really exaggerate that they are "gettin' tore up"....

Edited by Blighted

That is a pretty impressive necro.

Regarding the twin vipers now, I'm not sure as I haven't gone over all of the patch notes, but they seem to have changed the sound again since this thread was made. I'm definitely more happy with the new sound than I was with the previous one.

I still want the old sound back though, as distant a memory as it is.