The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Crashes Constantly

VRHmason

So lately (last patch or two) the game has been crashing more and more often for me,

I play on max settings, got fps limit 120 (changed it to 72 because of crash but no changes). I have cleaned my machine, drivers are all up to date.

Problem started at first by entering in void, now just standing in foundry or armory it crashes. 

I get the black screen, sometimes it returns to game but most of the times it crashes and I have to restart the computer.

I went to event ID and every time game crashes I get Event id 8198.

Now that would suggest that it has to do something with my computer, right? Well, wrong, it only happens when playing Warframe and ONLY Warframe, nothing else. Every other game I play works fine, without any problems, all on max settings.

>My rig:

CPU:AMD Phenom II 3.4ghz (OC to 4ghz)

RAM: 8gb DDR3 

GPU: AMD R9 280x

Please help this is getting frustrating 

Edited by VRHmason

I went to event ID and every time game crashes I get Event id 8198.

Hi VRHmason,

Are you certain your copy of Windows has been activated? 

I ask because https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/921471

"Log Name: Application

Source: Software Licensing Service
Event ID: 8198
Level: Error Description: License Activation (SLUI.exe) failed with the following error code: 0x80004005"

Since you are on Windows 10 you can check your activation status by simply pressing the Windows Key on your keyboard and typing "activate". You should then have "See if Windows is activated" at the top. Click this. 

Hi VRHmason,

Are you certain your copy of Windows has been activated? 

I ask because https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/921471

"Log Name: Application

Source: Software Licensing Service
Event ID: 8198
Level: Error Description: License Activation (SLUI.exe) failed with the following error code: 0x80004005"

Since you are on Windows 10 you can check your activation status by simply pressing the Windows Key on your keyboard and typing "activate". You should then have "See if Windows is activated" at the top. Click this. 

Yes it has been activated, thats why I reported bug. It doesn't happen in other games.

Sorry if this seems like an oversimplified answer, but have you made sure your running the 64 bit version of the game? You can check by clicking the settings button (the little cog) in the launcher.

The game for me too was a crash fest until i switched over to 64 bit mode, and all the problems vanished. 

Hope this helps.

Sorry if this seems like an oversimplified answer, but have you made sure your running the 64 bit version of the game? You can check by clicking the settings button (the little cog) in the launcher.

The game for me too was a crash fest until i switched over to 64 bit mode, and all the problems vanished. 

Hope this helps.

I am, I and tried with 32bit but still same thing happend.

I have put fps limiter on 60 in game and also on amd catalyst, seems fine for now, will report if crash happens again

Can't go into details, but at work I gotta compare a lot of AMD/NVIDIA performances and stability under different OS and games. Current AMD drivers suffers from stability issues under windows 10 specifically on some Unreal Engine based games (I'd rather not name titles). I haven't had to test this one and using nvidia hardware personally so may or not be it.

Win 10 was supposed to release in fall in was rushed for July for marketing reasons, there are still a lot of backend issues with it and a lot specifically with hardware drivers. I wouldnt be surprise if it gets better once the next big windows update passes (end of fall I think, not sure) and with future Catalyst drivers.

Sometimes taxing a card can exacerbate this kind of issues. One test I suggest is to play a little bit bit cranking the resolution down a bit, then another while turning shadow options lower, just to see if it has any impact.

Also, if you rely on windows update for hardware drivers, they tend to be a bit slow in putting graphic card updates in theirs, check the AMD website just to be certain. I'm sure you aren't doing this, but noting it down for anyone it may help.

Edited by Esvia

Can't go into details, but at work I gotta compare a lot of AMD/NVIDIA performances and stability under different OS and games. Current AMD drivers suffers from stability issues under windows 10 specifically on some Unreal Engine based games (I'd rather not name titles). I haven't had to test this one and using nvidia hardware personally so may or not be it.

Win 10 was supposed to release in fall in was rushed for July for marketing reasons, there are still a lot of backend issues with it and a lot specifically with hardware drivers. I wouldnt be surprise if it gets better once the next big windows update passes (end of fall I think, not sure) and with future Catalyst drivers.

Sometimes taxing a card can exacerbate this kind of issues. One test I suggest is to play a little bit bit cranking the resolution down a bit, then another while turning shadow options lower, just to see if it has any impact.

Also, if you rely on windows update for hardware drivers, they tend to be a bit slow in putting graphic card updates in theirs, check the AMD website just to be certain. I'm sure you aren't doing this, but noting it down for anyone it may help.

Thanks,

For now it works, I still haven't had any crash

As for lowering resoulution, I have noticed the problem in graphics being "shaky" or stuttering even though it says 60-120 fps ( especially in Void + massive frame drop).

I haven't noticed any difference in performance when everything is maxed and when everything is at lowest settings, the only way it helps performance is to play in window, even turning off/on dx10, dx11 and 64bit didnt help. But thats another problem