Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interesting Way To Increase Challenge

Story4

So how about we have an option to get a percentage more xp,credits,resources and mod drop chance (maybe +50%/25%) if we enable an option to have "special missions".

By special missions i mean kinda like the regular missions are what soldiers do, the special missions are what special forces do, they go into more dangerous situations becasue they are more qualified. Higher risk-higher gain.

I think it would be good to add the cryo(your and the enemies shield are halved, enemies with no shields are slowed), self-destruct(but this should have a timer in which you should complete the mission, no secondary objective) only to it and also have other hazard like:

- ship has entered a meteor field, at random some parts will be hit by meteors and will get vented, even if they don't have windows, it would be cool for enemies to not leave their comrades behind and only close the doors after all humans have left. Robots like MOA's and Infested don't need oxygen so they could stay. You get damaged the closer you are to the event.

- ship has entered an Ion storm, every 60-90 seconds(debatable) you get hit by an Ion pulse which disable your shields and maybe staggers you, but also depletes enemy shields and staggers them, enemies with no shield either have no problems, or get stunned

- Low gravity/high gravity situations would be interesting. High gravity you move slower, stamina depletes faster, you jump lower. Enemies have adapted to the high gravity so they get staggered/knocked much harder, maybe even higher HP. Low gravity your stamina depletes slower, jump higher, but enemy bullets have more impact since you have a low grip so every 10 shots you get staggered and if an enemy hits you with melee you get knocked back, but at a further distance.

- Special enemy teams, like 4 smaller hyena's spamming in groups of 3 or 4 on each map, or a team made of 2 scorpions and 2 flameblades, both having shields and a higher damage. I'm not saying bosses because usually bosses are just bullet-sponges, these have to be something really dangerous to be worth the extra rewards.

I think it would be a good addition to the game, because it will be a challenge for players who have their warframes/weapons optimized and it will actually be fun, because you don't jump bump up the enemy numbers. Since you can also choose wether you want the option or not, new players can just play the game like regular soldiers and then join the special forces when they can handle the increased difficulty.

Of course there can be more events, different stats for each, nothing is set in stone, it's just an idea.

Edited by Story4

Only if it is optional.

That way players who aren't ready for that kind of crap yet, can choose not to do it.

I know the OP mentioned "Option" in his OP but I want to make sure it is mentioned Again to make sure.

+1

Maybe incorporate this idea into the current alert system? Would give reason to go do the alerts that give 2000 credits and no ? rewards.

Hmm yeah it would be an interesting idea to have an option to make alerts harder and get either more credits, a void key/forma chance or both.

I sort of love this. Y'figure, the original Dark Sector trailer showed us that sometimes, Tenno have to go into a mission unarmed. Maybe weapons take up too much room, maybe the ship we're invading has more sophisticated weapon sensors, or maybe there's some sort of gas leak that means weapon discharge risks blowing us all to dust. And in the first two cases, we'd have to make our way by sneaking around, disabling alarms preemptively, and disarming enemies -- actually disarming them, not just making their guns jam like Loki.

And reckon, the extraction animation already shows that Tenno suits can survive in space. So why not have a level that takes place on the outside of the ship? Maybe even have moments where two ships interact and it's up to us not to get shot, even if said two ships are bombing each other to oblivion.

Edited by Densoro

I sort of love this. Y'figure, the original Dark Sector trailer showed us that sometimes, Tenno have to go into a mission unarmed. Maybe weapons take up too much room, maybe the ship we're invading has more sophisticated weapon sensors, or maybe there's some sort of gas leak that means weapon discharge risks blowing us all to dust. And in the first two cases, we'd have to make our way by sneaking around, disabling alarms preemptively, and disarming enemies -- actually disarming them, not just making their guns jam like Loki.

And reckon, the extraction animation already shows that Tenno suits can survive in space. So why not have a level that takes place on the outside of the ship? Maybe even have moments where two ships interact and it's up to us not to get shot, even if said two ships are bombing each other to oblivion.

Well my idea was supposed to be a way to increase the difficulty of regular missions by making different hazards, but your idea adds different missions and environments altogether. It's still a good idea, just that it needs more resources like more map tyles, better AI for stealth, more boxes in which you can seek cover etc. Would love to see both though :).

It would be nice if for the stealth part you won't see any enemies, had your abilities disabled and you just had to evade cameras, motion sensors, pressure sensors by wall-running, jumping and sliding. You could have different consoles which needed hacking to disable some security systems in order to advance. I think this way it would be easier to implement stealth since you don't need to have changes to the AI and if you trip the alarms then enemy's spawn and you could have like 1 or 2 cyphers that disable the alarms, but after that you can no longer disable them and the longer the alarm lasts, more enemies spawn and after some time a boss arrives and you have to run to survive.

I have to stop daydreaming...

Just to expand on the "Unarmed mission" idea, restricting the loadout can be an interesting idea if known in advance. Like, for instance, only bolt weapons work (because of detonation), only melee... as for fully unarmed missions, I always thought that parkour missions could be funny : no weapons against more speed, jump power and stamina - but that would require specific tiles though.