Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Ash From Raids

Ultimaservantx

Question

So I've been doing a lot of reading on how to get the Ash warframe, and the general consensus is to complete a raid which apparently has numerous manics that spawn during it. My question is how difficult is a raid for a newish player? I have been on for almost 2 months consistently and have a pretty decent Frost build with high dps Hek and Lex Prime. I have never participated in a raid before, but I have done some research into how everything works. I guess my second question is, is there anyone out there who would be willing to accept me into a raid? If so, I promise that all you need to do is tell me where I am needed and what to look out for, and I will do my best to follow orders. :)

21 answers to this question

I would say Raid's are a little bit later into the game. But hey, you could be amazing at the game, and totally kill it! I've also been trying to get Ash and it seems raids are the smartest way to go. Recruiting chat is a great place to start if you'd like to join a raid, just say that you are new and someone from this great community is bound to help you out :) 

Raids, in all games - sum up to abusing the game from start to end.

which means not 'use anything you feel like', but bringing specific cheese with you so you can have 100% CC lockdown on the entire map for every single second of the Mission.

just a warning as to what you're getting into.

fighting Tyl Regor on Uranus/Grineer Sealab guarantees Manic Spawns as well - this is another option for Killing Manics reliably.

They are Drekar Manics

hmm..... i'll check my Codex sometime, i didn't notice they were a different flavor of Manic.

not surprised i guess, since they uh... well, teleport around a lot, reading their Name requires aiming directly at them... you get the idea.

Yes try the Raids... You can best do raids with your friends/clanmates because in recruitment tab they expect you to know the game.... and if you disappoint the players.... let's say they won't be to happy and they will let you know it. 

Your other best shot is a sabotage or spy mision on a high level Grineer ground. Ceres is a good one and let them sound the alarm, because this will cause the Commander to unleash the Manics.. they'll come after you until they either kill you or you kill them.. you'll hear them coming by their laughter! 

Yes try the Raids... You can best do raids with your friends/clanmates because in recruitment tab they expect you to know the game.... and if you disappoint the players.... let's say they won't be to happy and they will let you know it.

Your other best shot is a sabotage or spy mision on a high level Grineer ground. Ceres is a good one and let them sound the alarm, because this will cause the Commander to unleash the Manics.. they'll come after you until they either kill you or you kill them.. you'll hear them coming by their laughter!

This. I know it full well due to remarks from a squad because i wasn't the only bubble and revive Frost Prime but an aggressive I'm gonna kill some too Frost Prime. But high lvled Grineer sabs are perfect...that's how i got Ash's pieces.

Speaking of raids, how do they work, can somebody please explain mechanics in more detail. Which planets /areas are best suited for them, do they spawn every time ...etc. I know what I've read on wiki, but i would like more insiders info.

For OP - I'm in similar position as you, medium level player with decent mid tier game gear, 1-formad tonkor (soon 2) and loki (prime in leveling) and sobek and mostly 75% leveled mods. I've done my share of void 30 min missions so I'm half noob now : ) We can hunt ash together if you like, you can add me. 

To get into a Raid you will need of these:

Loki: Max Range/Disarm + Decoy for Hek

Nova: Slow Nova

Mirage: Blind (max range + natural talent)

Vauban: Bastille build

Trinity: Either Energy Vampire build or a Blessing build

That is the basic composition of most raids

Some raids will take frosts but they are not in high demand. Some raids will also take "tanks" like valkyr but to me those are really bad raid teams.

Speaking of raids, how do they work, can somebody please explain mechanics in more detail. Which planets /areas are best suited for them, do they spawn every time ...etc. I know what I've read on wiki, but i would like more insiders info.

For OP - I'm in similar position as you, medium level player with decent mid tier game gear, 1-formad tonkor (soon 2) and loki (prime in leveling) and sobek and mostly 75% leveled mods. I've done my share of void 30 min missions so I'm half noob now : ) We can hunt ash together if you like, you can add me. 

Raid is not what it is called, it's wrongly called Raid, actualy it's called Trial (or LOR) and it don't spawn randomly, it's The Law Of Retribution gameplay where you go to earth and try to stop Vay Hek in his normal daily madness. To do this you need to also make a key please read this: LOR

I have been playing for some time now, have unlocked all my planets, reached MR17, and have been in two clans. With all of that, I have just participated in my first two trials last weekend. It is controlled chaos to say the least. You really need a group that is willing to walk through and explain things as you go. Going in with a PUB group, they are going to expect you to know what you are doing as has been said here in your topic already. I took Frost Prime and he is very useful if you are able to bubble entrances and help drop bubbles on buttons around other players and on consoles. A bubble in the center against Vay Hek can work as well. But this is something an experienced team can work with. Going in blind in a PUB will probably only get you yelled at even if you are an amazing player. 

My advice is to find a group willing to "walk" you through a trial. You can see button placement, how the maps are laid out, console placement and hacking, as well as see a variety of frames and how they work together. I have a very helpful clan and they walked me through, but even as good as they were with that, tensions can still be high since it takes quite some time to complete. If you are in a clan, talk to your clan mates and let them know you'd like to learn the ropes. Another option is to farm other prime parts to sell and just buy Ash for plat from the market. This is probably an easier way to farm him and you'll get the slot as well.

To get into a Raid you will need of these:

Loki: Max Range/Disarm + Decoy for Hek

Nova: Slow Nova

Mirage: Blind (max range + natural talent)

Vauban: Bastille build

Trinity: Either Energy Vampire build or a Blessing build

That is the basic composition of most raids

Some raids will take frosts but they are not in high demand. Some raids will also take "tanks" like valkyr but to me those are really bad raid teams.

I do have Loki with a good perma stealth build, but that can be easily edited to add in natural talent and a reach mod. Loki has become my second best frame at the moment, but he's just so fragile that I can't take a hit without going down fast.

I am definitely up for hunting in groups. I'll add you tonight, and maybe we can find the rest of the parts.

Speaking of hunting manics, I have heard that, like AngelShur mentioned, high level grineer sabotages work well to spawn manics. However, I ran several last night and could not get a single one to spawn even though I had the alarms ringing the entire time. Is there something I should do differently as in is there a particular strategy that I should follow that seems to guarantee a spawn?

If you've done that and still no manics then it's just bad luck... continue, they will appear at one point! I just read the codex and they are suppose to spawn in any given mission  on the grineer ground, but I still recommend the high level ones.

Alright, will do. In the past I managed to get one to spawn after defeating Lech Kril, but this only happened twice out of like 10+ runs.

I have been playing for some time now, have unlocked all my planets, reached MR17, and have been in two clans. With all of that, I have just participated in my first two trials last weekend. It is controlled chaos to say the least. 

I've grateful for your input, fellow Tenno, but don't be so fainthearted : ) I realize now it's gonna be difficult but It's not that I need to have it right away. We will read wiki, watch YT, prepare and level necessary gear and do several tries every night. Eventually, sooner or later, Hek will fall and I will build my Ash, I assure you. How dare you propose to just buy it with platinum, when I could spill my blood and sweat and tears to get it?? ; ))

You are talking to a guy who, in another game called x-3 terran conflict invaded xenon space, all of their sectors where they spawn endlessly, with fleet of boarded terran supercruisers (a feat big for itself, commandeering just one is hell of a task that needs major fleet engagement of all ship types and generous financial and logistical support) and cargo ships full of laser towers and maintained constant military presence in xenon space, nothing similar has ever been done, before or after.

And luckilly it's all well documented ; )

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=307411&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Edited by ThorienKELL

LOL Not being fainthearted, just more practical I guess. It's not the fight or Trials that can be frustrating, it's the RNG. Trust me, I like seeing my enemies fall, but it can be a little disheartening to repeat the same thing over and over getting the same parts except the one you need. But I am not one to quash a fellow Tenno's enthusiasm. By all means Tenno, kill on, kill on!

Managed to get the rest of the parts after 3 raids. They really weren't that hard, but we had a couple people join who really didn't seem to know what they were doing. I think I have it down now. I am still willing to help farm for Ash at anytime that I'm not farming for Primes or resources, so feel free to message me in game ThorienKELL.

Note: I do tend to farm on the Lech Kril node as that is the only node I have seen them spawn on fairly consistently (1 today!), but I don't mind jumping around and trying different nodes that appear to be more effective.

Note: I do tend to farm on the Lech Kril node as that is the only node I have seen them spawn on fairly consistently (1 today!), but I don't mind jumping around and trying different nodes that appear to be more effective.

I usually do 3 Kril kills on Ceres each day to farm orokin cells. I see a manic there maaaaaybe every other day, if I'm lucky. That's not a good ratio, especially considering that the only Ash part I am missing is systems and that is a rare drop from manics.

...and I can't really do the raid thing due to time constraints.

It's a bit of a bummer actually. I have all the other frames, including Ash Prime, but since I never bothered to farm for ash parts before Equinox, I am pretty much out of luck (and I refuse to put platinum into anything not cosmetic).

edit: formatting

Edited by Bhao

If you want to farm him still, I should be up for it from time to time. I'm a bit burned out at the moment, so it might be a day or two before I jump back into Ceres's sabotage or other missions that are likely to spawn them. But I am up for helping other players in their endeavors to obtain normal Ash if they so desire.