Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Graphics Card Suggestion.

izzatuw

Had to say when we dont know what dollar you are using, and the local market. I suspect you are looking at somewhere in the order of a GTX750ti to a GTX960.

I actually use RM (Malaysian Ringgit). Roughly around x3-4 US currency. Keeps going up/down.

I have an ASUS GeForce GTX 960 Strix 2gb, was less than $250. I meant to get the 4gb version for $260 ish, but I misclicked and got the 2gb instead. Either way, this thing is a beast for its class. Link is in spoiler.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121913&cm_re=asus_geforce_gtx_960-_-14-121-913-_-Product

As for any others, there might be others out there still within your $200-300 budget limit that could be better than what I would suggest.

EDIT: Actually there is. Still less than $250 is the 4gb version.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121928&cm_re=asus_geforce_gtx_960-_-14-121-928-_-Product

Edited by Hawk_of_the_Reborn

I have an ASUS GeForce GTX 960 Strix 2gb, was less than $250. I meant to get the 4gb version for $260 ish, but I misclicked and got the 2gb instead. Either way, this thing is a beast for its class. Link is in spoiler.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121913&cm_re=asus_geforce_gtx_960-_-14-121-913-_-Product

As for any others, there might be others out there still within your $200-300 budget limit that could be better than what I would suggest.

How well have you been playing some of the more recent games?

How well have you been playing some of the more recent games?

The only things I can't run on super ultra mega max graphics is the latest games, GTA V, Assassin's Creed Unity, those types. Mainly because I only have 2gb of VRAM.

I recommend you get the 4gb one, make sure it is the 4gb one if you're getting it. Check, double check, triple check.

I don't want you to make the goof I did. Don't get me wrong, my 960 works exceedingly beyond expectations. It's just that I wanted the 4gb and now I'm a sad panda :c

If you have 250 to 300 to spend, just step up to a GTX 970. You can run almost anything at high/max in 1080p. You can get them new or used for about that much.

Look for the OC versions if youre into that, they tend to have better cooling systems.

No reason to get a 960 unless you absolutely need to save 30 bucks or whatever.

Edited by DarkTails

The only things I can't run on super ultra mega max graphics is the latest games, GTA V, Assassin's Creed Unity, those types. Mainly because I only have 2gb of VRAM.

I recommend you get the 4gb one, make sure it is the 4gb one if you're getting it. Check, double check, triple check.

I don't want you to make the goof I did. Don't get me wrong, my 960 works exceedingly beyond expectations. It's just that I wanted the 4gb and now I'm a sad panda :c

Eh I'll keep it on my list.

@other guy,

Currently using an AMD and wouldn't mind the extra cost to try an Nvidia for once

If you have 250 to 300 to spend, just step up to a GTX 970. You can run almost anything at high/max in 1080p. You can get them new or used for about that much.

Look for the OC versions if youre into that, they tend to have better cooling systems.

No reason to get a 960 unless you absolutely need to save 30 bucks or whatever.

OC?

What's the difference between 960 and 970 anyway? Just curious.

^^

OC versions are overclocked by the factory, theyre better than standard versions. If you dont know about OCing then you probably dont need them.

Basically, Nvidia makes a GPU. Then, they let other people, like Asus, MSI, Zotac, etc. make their own variants on their own custom boards/cards. They all usually have a "stock" version, and a few other variants.

The Asus "Strix" version GTX970 is solid, and it will most likely fit in your case, unlike the crazy long versions with 3 fans on the card

Also, make sure to get a version that supports your monitor connection, some cards might not have a DVI port, some might not use HDMI, etc.

Edited by DarkTails

OC versions are overclocked by the factory, theyre better than standard versions. If you dont know about OCing then you probably dont need them.

Basically, Nvidia makes a GPU. Then, they let other people, like Asus, MSI, Zotac, etc. make their own variants on their own custom boards/cards. They all usually have a "stock" version, and a few other variants.

The Asus "Strix" version GTX970 is solid, and it will most likely fit in your case.

I see.

I'll keep them in mind.

I have gx 960 with a core i5, and can run battlefront on max settings with 60fps+

Processor (Intel): Intel i5 6600 or equivalent

Memory: 16GB RAM

Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space

Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB

Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB

DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent

Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Processor (Intel): Intel i5 6600 or equivalent

Memory: 16GB RAM

Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space

Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB

Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB

DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent

Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Well some people have claimed to play it with 600s cards.

Yeah. What's a good website to compare GPUs?

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/GPU15/1248

On the page you're looking for the "GPU15 Benchmarks" box.

Select two cards, and hit "View Comparisons" It will draw up a graph of all Anandtech's benchmarking data for the cards you have chosen.

NOTE: The data they provide is a lot more accurate than most (if not all) websites. However, they don't have samples for every single GPU under the sun as a result... Their approach is more quality over quantity.

To get a general idea of GPU comparisons, just use :

http://gpuboss.com/

You can give this page a read:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-graphics-card-upgrade-guide-update-3?page=3

These GPU's are around the $300 mark.

The R9 380 is recommended

Obviously, you'd miss out on Nvidia exclusive features, the the final decision comes down to preference ;)

Though he'll have to make sure the GPU is compatible with his mobo.