Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa - A Very Humble Suggestion

BlackCoMerc

Mesa's new Peacemaker is not fun to use. In my opinion, being locked in place was a fair trade for the prior power level. Now, however, we need to manually turn to see new targets while dealing with an ever-shrinking firing window for Peacemaker. All while still remaining locked in place.

I have a couple of suggestions to fix this. A change to Peacemaker:

Toggling Peacemaker on causes Mesa to holster weapons and instead use her Peacemaker pistols. 

-Peacemaker pistols scale with weapon mods (keeps this on par with Melee abilities like Exalted Blade)

-Peacemaker still uses the auto aim, with the gradually shrinking auto aim zone

-Mesa is allowed to move around during Peacemaker. While moving, Peacemaker drains an extra 1.5 energy per second to allow the auto targeting to compensate for Mesa's movement.

Suggestion B:

-Peacemaker causes Mesa to holster weapons and use her Peacemaker pistols.

-Mesa is allowed to move while Peacemaker is active

-Peacemaker scales with Power Strength, and NOT with weapon mods

-Peacemaker does NOT use auto aim of any kind

-ALL damage dealt by Peacemaker pistols, is Finisher damage (same as Bladestorm)

I think these changes offer a powerful Ult that still allows Mesa players to enjoy the movement system of Warframe as opposed to being locked in place.

No on both parts. The shrinking reticle was all it needed to balance out. Damage is already fine as is, and the narrow range actually helps to focus shots in problem areas. And we really don't need an auto aim mobile turret. If the problem is being fired at, jump on something, throw on shatter shield, and start PM. DE designed this change with the idea that it wouldn't overshadow her other powers too much.

One thing that might be needed is a lower/no drain while the trigger aint pushed, to save energy when switching angles.

I`d rather remove the stationary state it causes, and the auto aim, have it like exalted but for secondaries, scales with mods, and u use it yourself, that would be cool

or simply like 1st post implies, make the circle re-grow after hitting minimum range instead of staying there and needing a recast for PM

Mesa "Nerf" post #4,463

technically the guy asked for changes not nerfs :/

people, no need to be such downers, if u don`t like it, just say u don`t nice and clean

also what OP suggested can work as an augment, no longer auto aims, but u can move and deals more damage, and u need to aim it urself like any pistol, how about that? ^^

technically the guy asked for changes not nerfs :/

people, no need to be such downers, if u don`t like it, just say u don`t nice and clean

also what OP suggested can work as an augment, no longer auto aims, but u can move and deals more damage, and u need to aim it urself like any pistol, how about that? ^^

"Nerf" meaning another player complaining about how this Mesa improvement is a "Nerf"

"Nerf" meaning another player complaining about how this Mesa improvement is a "Nerf"

Well, it was a nerf. The fact that it does less damage than the old peacemaker, fires less quickly than the old peacemaker if only due to need to drag circle, while being unable to quick-shoot enemies all around you cannot be considered anything other than a nerf.

She was fine before, but the ability is basically just a gun which locks you in place now, and uses energy instead of bullets.

Suggestion B:

-Peacemaker causes Mesa to holster weapons and use her Peacemaker pistols.

-Mesa is allowed to move while Peacemaker is active

-Peacemaker scales with Power Strength, and NOT with weapon mods

-Peacemaker does NOT use auto aim of any kind

-ALL damage dealt by Peacemaker pistols, is Finisher damage (same as Bladestorm)

How is this any different than having a gun that fires Energy instead of Ammo and nerfs your mobility?

Peacemaker is fine as is, though I do think the people arguing for an Energy consumption reduction have a point (though I don't have a problem with it myself). Also could tone down the special effects a bit for visibility's sake.

Peacemaker is fine as is, though I do think the people arguing for an Energy consumption reduction have a point (though I don't have a problem with it myself). Also could tone down the special effects a bit for visibility's sake.

fine as is?  it's now a neutered exalted blade. 

has the added benefit of being hitscan over EB's energy waves

has the detriment of forcing you to be stationary

has the detriment of consequently needing SS to be on always, thereby modding for duration beyond pure energy concerns

has the detriment of consequently being unable to retrieve energy spheres to help offset those energy concerns

has the detriment of costing six times as much energy drain per second, while EB can largely ignore duration

has the detriment of needing to mod for range if you want it to be an ability rather than just "shoot a gun" after ~3 seconds

has the detriment of no built in defense like EB's autoparry (or EB's mobility)

or, lets compare to hysteria

has the added benefit of being ranged (a very big benefit, granted)

has the detriment of forcing you to be stationary

has the detriment of no invulnerability

has the detriment of no healing

has the detriment of consequently needing SS to be on always, thereby modding for duration beyond pure energy concerns

has the detriment of consequently being unable to retrieve energy spheres to help offset those energy concerns

has the detriment of costing six times as much energy drain per second, while hysteria can largely ignore duration

has the detriment of needing to mod for range if you want it to be an ability rather than just "shoot a gun" after ~3 seconds