The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De - Consolidated List Of Forma Bp Drop Rate Suggestions

Educated_Beast

While I don't agree with most options because they trivialise Forma too much, I do agree that all rare containers should carry them, as they are rare, and as we know that there are forma outside of the void, as a certain Grineer seems to talk about in the radio.

IMO, T1 void missions should be a bit more about Forma BP, and less about keys. We already have plenty of ways to get Tsomething keys (except T4 which still are a pain), and all those drop places that aren't the void need is some adjustments as some keys end up being more rare than others despite being in the same mission tier and the same "drop" tier.

But that all comes together into my grand vision in which that weapons of the same family should carry their forma to the better variant that comes after it (boltor > boltor prime, but not boltor > soma prime), allowing newer players to invest resources on their weapons earlier without being afraid of wasting forma/potato (even then, we still have tons of completely different weapons that wouldn't make use of this, so we would still need lots of forma, but we would also be able to forma different weapons slightly more often).

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

I would hope that you are asking for DE to adopt SOME of these options, as of course taking the whole bunch would make forma trivial. That said, I'd accept nearly any combination of your suggestions, as void-key spamming to get something I need to find one of every day is horrible, particularly when it has become rare. 

I would be curious to know if this "famine" has led to a massive increase in forma sales, as if it is making the game a lot of money I might give this problem a temporary pass. Personally, I have just started forma-ing my weapons less and it has really made negative impact on my ability to try new things out to their full potential and enjoy the game. I don't have hours a day to farm a new blueprint (my old backlog went to building a dojo) and over time I doubt even the ones with a large cache of them will be able to keep the pace and will join our ranks to request more ways to farm them. 

http://puu.sh/lo7lW/fa43b0445f.jpg

I use a forma daily for the most part, I see absolutely no issues here.

I'm pretty convinced this "forma famine" people speak of comes from those who don't run voids and just buy their prime parts because I have not once been short on forma blueprints and I've sold them in bulk for credits before on more than one occasion.

It's not even uncommon to get two bps in a run.

You are also a member since 24 May 2013.  Have you considered the fact that it requires 50 forma for all the dojo research as of 17.11 and another 15 forma for a ghost size dojo.  Also consider it takes 4-6 forma per primary / secondary weapon and 1-2 for melee and another 2-6 for frames depending on build.  With lower drops, this requires a lot of void farming which means casuals will not be running Triton for cores, missions for void keys, raids with clan mates, syndicate missions, etc.  They will be stuck in the void; and stuck on missions that require best forma drop locations. 

It is also very uncommon for forma to drop twice per run; extremely uncommon.  Even in T4I, I may get 2 per 12 wave run, then not see another forma BP for 3-4 more runs.  T3C and T3Sab have the greatest returns on forma BP but these keys are only available if your running key hunting missions.  Good luck finding someone in recruiting channel to run you through a bunch of T3 keys.  I find T3 keys have greatest forma drops but also hardest to accumulate keys (T4 much easier to acquire). 

I don't agree with forma drops being horrible. There are still 20 possible locations for them. There are some good suggestions there however. 

The biggest issue that people had with forma is that it still drops from non endless missions and on C rotations. On A/B rotations its harmless. So I don't agree with forma being horrible but I don't agree with the way DE handled it either.

There may be 20 possible drop locations (haven't verified this) but most do not yield forma BP reliably.  For example, my experience on T2C is horrible.  I've ran literally hundreds of these missions and average about 1 every 16 runs.  Sure you may get a couple close together, but then you hit a dry spell.  I agree there are places that drop in more abundance (see comment above), but the T3 keys, especially T3C (fast runs) are rare. 

While I don't agree with most options because they trivialise Forma too much, I do agree that all rare containers should carry them, as they are rare, and as we know that there are forma outside of the void, as a certain Grineer seems to talk about in the radio.

IMO, T1 void missions should be a bit more about Forma BP, and less about keys. We already have plenty of ways to get Tsomething keys (except T4 which still are a pain), and all those drop places that aren't the void need is some adjustments as some keys end up being more rare than others despite being in the same mission tier and the same "drop" tier.

Maybe including all options would trivialize but I never said everything needs to be implemented.  Actually, I proposed a reasonable solution that would make both camps (to many and not enough) happy. I'll repeat it here:  I propose implementing #1, #5, and #6 (more forma BP in invasions, more forma BP on alerts, forma BP sold from syndicates) while keeping void drop locations the same (of course I'd also like to see more in A or B rotations and less in C rotation).  This will allow new and veteran players to acquire forma BP without an over abundance. Veterans with max syndicate standings would be able to buy 1 forma BP per day, or choose the key package without being stuck in the void (can do any mission and still get rep for forma). 

I also disagree about T1 missions needing more forma.  The reason is new players will still have problems getting resources to build.  Just adding them to invasions / alerts will allow them to acquire as needed.  As a veteran, I'd hate to have to farm T1 missions for forma, I want some resemblance of a challenge. 

I would hope that you are asking for DE to adopt SOME of these options, as of course taking the whole bunch would make forma trivial. That said, I'd accept nearly any combination of your suggestions, as void-key spamming to get something I need to find one of every day is horrible, particularly when it has become rare. 

I would be curious to know if this "famine" has led to a massive increase in forma sales, as if it is making the game a lot of money I might give this problem a temporary pass. Personally, I have just started forma-ing my weapons less and it has really made negative impact on my ability to try new things out to their full potential and enjoy the game. I don't have hours a day to farm a new blueprint (my old backlog went to building a dojo) and over time I doubt even the ones with a large cache of them will be able to keep the pace and will join our ranks to request more ways to farm them. 

My suggestions are in the main post.  Of course not all of them should be implemented, this is just a compilation of ideas I've ready with mine thrown in there.  In addition to what I wrote above, I believe archwing should be stand alone.  Archwing gear requires forma for building dojo weapons and the archwing / weapons need forma to be effective late game.  However, there is no way to acquire forma if your playing archwing.  I think forma BP should also be thrown into the A or B rotations instead of all the junk mods there now. 

In terms of sales, I'm curious as well.  Perhaps new players are buying out of desperation.  Many guys with stockpiles obviously will not buy.  A guy like me sitting on a ton of plat but needing forma will also not buy; I'll just stop playing for a night and farm exclusively for forma.  I refuse to buy an item that is required for progression (although I have rushed quite a few).  But that is just me. 

I would like to see a reusable forma bp in the market.

Since the changes I have a really hard time farming forma. Its just too needed to be this rare. The build time could be halved as well IMO.

While I obviously want forma to be more common; this is one suggestion I disagree with.  While forma are required for progression, there should be some effort placed in order to obtain that progression.  Buying once and having infinite supply seems to easy.  I think its more reasonable to buy from syndicates.  This is essentially an infinite supply but requires you to farm rep and make choices of what to buy.  However, I wouldn't complain if DE did this.  People would still buy plat to rush it. 

I did 10 T2 caps recently and gotten 2 forma.

Still pretty fast imo.

I am hoping DE eliminates all forma from endless missions and force players to burn more single use missions for forma.

Because I want more parts on endless games, leave the forma in the non endless ones.

I did 10 T2 caps recently and gotten 2 forma.

Still pretty fast imo.

I am hoping DE eliminates all forma from endless missions and force players to burn more single use missions for forma.

Because I want more parts on endless games, leave the forma in the non endless ones.

You know if they take forma out of endless DE will just dilute it with something else like more keys, cores, or o cells.

• 1 month later...

while i understand that forma is suppose to be "end game" resource, it is restricting a lot of mid game as well.

as an example, my mastery rank 16 account has at present 7 additional forma blueprints in my inventory, often only restricted my nerodes because i a am far too lazy to farm them solo and my clan plays many other games so we don't spend all our time gathering the much needed resources to craft everything we need.

prior to Christmas 2015 we gained a member from one of our other games in clan. we took him along on a lot of the things we were doing, farming trin prime, spending keys, doing key runs in hieracon, etc. In the span of just under 2 weeks he has gone from unranked to MR8. i would consider the majority of what he can do solo as late early game to early mid game.

he is now stuck. with the weapons and frames that he has, his only obstacle in getting through mid game content and beginning to seriously participate in t4/sortie/end game is forma. in the 2 weeks we have run with him he has acquired a grand total of 2 forma. that is 2 forma in the span of almost 2 weeks, spending at least 20 keys of various types and difficulties.

In my mind, the early game and late game shows great content, huge potential and countless hours of replay-ability. mid game forma grind kills the flow of what is an excellent game. in my mind, the things that should have been taken off the reward loot tables would have been oro cells, single cores, or things that can basically be acquired outside of the void.

just my two cents, for whatever that is worth to ya'll

Edited by slayeryoda

I allways considered Forma to be a "hard to get" resource, so guaranteed drops or mission rewards may be a bit too convenient.

You need them however to be effective on higher level missions, not so much beyond that, so a challenging but reliable way to obtain them at mid level and leaving them scarce beyond that would be a good change... I guess. Personally I feel they got harder to come by now, but I'm unsure if it's really the change or my own laziness.

Edited by DNG0

• 1 month later...

Out of forma again. Got to make a choice, play warframe and have fun, or go farm Forma in void missions I have no interest in playing or just plain out of keys.

Really wish DE would do something soon about this. I'd rather a forma BP on shortie mission than another lens / weapon part I have. At least then I could play something fun and progress instead of feeling like I'm forced to go to void and play missions I don't wanna play.

Really don't like that idea either, but despite so many threads about forma disappearing, no word from DE on a solution.