Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Also Play Path Of Exile?

Osharchi

I like the complexity and variety of abilities in both games, but I'm playing WF much MUCH more.  (500 hours in WF vs about 90 in PoE.  And I started PoE over a year ago.)

I think it's because online co-op is much better in WF and I have yet to join a squad/party once in PoE.

I'm almost done with Act 3 going purely solo, but was wondering if PoE is worth playing in Co-op or is it better to wait until endgame to squad up?

WF would be pretty boring if I had to complete all the planets, and do all the alerts, and farm for everything completely solo.  So I'm thinking joining parties would make PoE just as fun/addicting as WF.

However, since it's more trouble to squad up in PoE, I've held off even looking for parties to join mainly because I don't like "meta players" (unintenionally) ruining my experience.  Either by telling me every exploit or secret they've found during my very first playthough, or just being rude/toxic because I don't know any of these meta aspects of a map/mission yet.

I don't mind playing meta if intentionally farming or leveling, like speedrunning a boss over and over in WF to get a particular part to drop.  But I like to experience new content with as much of a blank slate as possible going in, without skipping any cut scenes or even reading any strategies ahead of time.

So my character builds in PoE are currently mostly done by feel rather than by reading wikis.  I have no idea if my builds are relatively good or not, but they've been good for me so far.

So will the PoE co-op community be too elitist for cazuls like me?  :)

I'm not necessarilty "casual" as the word is normally used.  I mean, I definitely want to successfully complete a map/mission and squeeze the most out of my stats, like most players do.  But I just don't like playing "meta" with all of this wiki knowledge the first time through.

I'm going to ask a similar question in the PoE community, but thought I'd ask here first, since WF is the game I currently love/play the most-est right now.  And since the co-op aspect in WF is really great.

I have personally played PoE, and i can confirm it's addictive proporties. however it is best played with friends while warframe can somewhat easily be played with or without... also i bet because the game is still "beta" that massive changes will likely occour and we could see a complete change of mechanics, story, and other such stuff.

I gave it a go but I'll be honest it didn't hold my attention unless I had a friend there with me. It's combat it interesting and the build variety is nice but I rather play something I can actually see from close and person not slightly over the head.

(then again I've been devoting time to a 2D 32bit sprite Beat em up dungeon crawler.... Priorities)