Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts On How Saryn Should Be Reworked

Gabry_96

We all know that Saryn's rework is almost ready by now, so this thread is kinda useless, but I'd like to discuss with you on how her powers should be changed.

First ability: Instead of growing energy bulbs, it should spawn poisonous flowers on the enemy's body. Those things do not explode, but instead release constant toxins for all the nearby enemies, causing viral damage with a decent chance on status proc.

Second ability: I think Molt is fine as it is. It provides cover, it explodes and removes status effects. It's perfect

Third ability: now, in my opinion Contagion is not really worth using, so probably it should be totally changed. Today something came in my mind. We now have Atlas, his landslide mechanics work perfectly, so why not doing something similar with Saryn? I think that some sort of double whips would suit perfectly with her. Maybe those whips would be some kind of long roots?

Fourth ability: Instead of being "press 4 to nuke", it should release toxic spores in a decent area, inflicting toxin damage over time to all the enemies inside the spores' area. So it would no longer benefit from a shorter duration, but it would inflict more damage the longer those spores stay in the area.

Basically, she would be more of a tank who helps dealing damage with miasma and the first ability, she could make the enemies focus another target than your allies with molt, and finally she could bring some serious damage by herself with her third ability.

Edited by Gabry_96

I wasn't even gonna post since as you said the thread is kinda useless (too late and all) BUT. Your 3 made me think it'd be nice for Saryn to have a skill that is a large aoe "root". Both as the gaming term and literally. Roots with thorns (think rose stem vines or something) would propagate from her in a large circle on the floor around her. Any enemy caught within becomes unable to move for X seconds. They can still shoot. I think this would be balanced and still help Saryn out a bit. It would also synergize with her 1 and the (constant) community suggestion for her 4 to be an area DoT cloud.

Edited by Stratego89

I like all of your suggestions! I honestly don't know what I would suggest for the first ability but I kinda want something with more impact.

Molt is awesome the way it is but a buff to it's health would be nice.

Agree'd, contagion needs to be replaced with something else OR needs to be reworked so it affects not only melee weapons but all weapon types and it should have its own individual damage properties, not just give a slight elemental buff to your weapons. It should also have its own visual effect, for example, if you riddle a heavy gunner with boltor rounds, then there should be a corrosive visual happening somewhere.

As for Saryn's fourth...I love it as it is but I know it's not going to last. The idea of a constant cloud of miasma around Saryn doing damage is cool but I love Saryn for what she is right now, a brutal and quick killing machine. I will be very sad to see that go. Saryn is my favorite frame right now and I am scared for her future :(

We all know that Saryn's rework is almost ready by now, so this thread is kinda useless, but I'd like to discuss with you on how her powers should be changed.

First ability: Instead of growing energy bulbs, it should spawn poisonous flowers on the enemy's body. Those things do not explode, but instead release constant toxins for all the nearby enemies, causing viral damage with a decent chance on status proc.

Second ability: I think Molt is fine as it is. It provides cover, it explodes and removes status effects. It's perfect

Third ability: now, in my opinion Contagion is not really worth using, so probably it should be totally changed. Today something came in my mind. We now have Atlas, his landslide mechanics work perfectly, so why not doing something similar with Saryn? I think that some sort of double whips would suit perfectly with her. Maybe those whips would be some kind of long roots?

Fourth ability: Instead of being "press 4 to nuke", it should release toxic spores in a decent area, inflicting toxin damage over time to all the enemies inside the spores' area. So it would no longer benefit from a shorter duration, but it would inflict more damage the longer those spores stay in the area.

Basically, she would be more of a tank who helps dealing damage with miasma and the first ability, she could make the enemies focus another target than your allies with molt, and finally she could bring some serious damage by herself with her third ability.

Venom functions fairly well in that it spreads and procs viral when fired upon also doing DoT already. Increasing the size of the hit-boxes would make this power more effective consistantly and less wonky. A visual change from spores to "poisonous flowers" is a nice thought but less realistic and would take more time than just reworking the powers for functionality.

I like Molt as well, good decoy and the augment is quite useful.

Contagion... eh I'd like less auto-attack chain melee powers. I think they're boring IMO, that being said, anything would be better than what Contagion currently does. I'd rather see Contagion as a team buff allowing that Toxin DoT bonus be applied to any weapon dmg done by allies affected while under the affects of Contagion.

As for Miasma, rather than inflicting yet more toxin damage over time, what about if it still inflicted corrosive damage over time like it currently does but with damage numbers starting small and with a base chance to proc Corrosive debuff. Have the damage and chance to proc scale with positive duration. More duration, the faster the dmg ticks up and chance to proc increases, but have the power have a set duration for the power's effect. 

These changes would make her whole kit more useful but also let her scale better and be more of a team player than a mindless nuke frame.

Just my two cents.

Your opinions are great :) Let's just hope that DE will make a good job.

they said that the rework is almost done so....no need for this (unless they change some things thanks to your feedback)

I know man, I also said it in the post. This is more of a speculations thread, rather than real suggestions :)