Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Rework, Nerf Or Fix... Or Both, Thoughts?

vashyoung

Excalibur is 2 times better than the new saryn, this rework needs to build up damage before taking effect... her teammate already clear the area, so from dps frame now drop to support role(well not really support she doesnt even belong at that category anymore).

dont get me wrong...

the IDEA is cool, explosion aoe corrosive effect, the problem is that it doesnt bold well on the higher content, well all know that saryn is struggling with energy resource(unless she brought a 100 pcs of energy restore or trinity got her back) around level 35 and up mobs, she need to spam 2 times or more as the level goes higher, and now venom as her main dps skill, i wonder how will that affect her killing effectiveness.

Im still hoping that mob affected by venom will have the corrosive debuff on them -25% armor reduction and -50% hp debuff, so she could use her guns and let the venom explosion spread to the masses.

this my personal opinion

Edited by vashyoung

It's true that though the damage over time seems quite good, the fact that it indeed takes time to kick in might be a big problem, especially when playing vs high level enemies, where TTK is the single most important thing. Depending on the team composition, she might not be that great or useful. I also think capping enemy damage is the only way of ensuring any viability for this type of frame, that builds up damage over time. It's hard to see it work when aimbot enemies insta-gib you from halfway accross big tiles with pewpew guns while not even looking at you...

It's true that though the damage over time seems quite good, the fact that it indeed takes time to kick in might be a big problem, especially when playing vs high level enemies, where TTK is the single most important thing. Depending on the team composition, she might not be that great or useful. I also think capping enemy damage is the only way of ensuring any viability for this type of frame, that builds up damage over time. It's hard to see it work when aimbot enemies insta-gib you from halfway accross big tiles with pewpew guns while not even looking at you...

yeah, finally someone who understand, yes i agree since this new saryn requires to build up damage, DE must find a way for saryn to survive with this new gameplay, molt regen can help but not that much

from what I've seen, saryn's gonna need full on mobility to survive at high levels with her skillset. the only change I would do is make miasma not lock you in place for a second, then she would be good to go. 

you need to molt, use toxin, jump in for contagion or miasma, then go outta there, then the enemies will suffer the DoT and they will be dead. you will need to be extremely fast to use all of saryn's abilities effectively while not taking damage. 

remember: the best defense is not getting hit in the first place.

I like how people are whining about the damage over time stuff and missing the fact that they're still comparing her 1 to people's ults. Venom and Molt will be adding additional damage to Miasma, and Miasma actually looks almost as fast. It's not like Miasma is being nerfed at all, really. They seem to be pumping her up as, point blank, a poison caster tank with lots of damage potential.

I would imagine that to buff her and increase sales, Saryn Prime will also likely have increased shields (just hypothetical) but more importantly increased energy pool in order to handle the increased synergy.

"Nurf" lol... its a buff, everything synergy related is a buff. Also let them look at enemy scaling, because "balancing" for actual level 100 enemies would be funny.

Synergy does NOT mean buff. Just saying. Synergy is synergy, nothing more, nothing less. You either have synergy, or you don't. It can be strong, average or weak. Just like you can have powerful abilities that don't possess any form of synergy. Saying that synergy implies buff is rather misguided.

It's true though that balancing for level 100 enemies is also not really an easy or viable option. That's where implementing ceilings in the scaling system can be very useful. And with the modifications to damage, we could adjust weapons' damage values using soft and hard caps too. Or not, it's just an idea thrown in the air.^^

Edited by Marthrym

Excalibur is 2 times better than the new saryn, this rework needs to build up damage before taking effect... her teammate already clear the area, so from dps frame now drop to support role(well not really support she doesnt even belong at that category anymore).

dont get me wrong...

the IDEA is cool, explosion aoe corrosive effect, the problem is that it doesnt bold well on the higher content, well all know that saryn is struggling with energy resource(unless she brought a 100 pcs of energy restore or trinity got her back) around level 35 and up mobs, she need to spam 2 times or more as the level goes higher, and now venom as her main dps skill, i wonder how will that affect her killing effectiveness.

Im still hoping that mob affected by venom will have the corrosive debuff on them -25% armor reduction and -50% hp debuff, so she could use her guns and let the venom explosion spread to the masses.

this my personal opinion

Comparing to Excalibur isn't really fair because Excalibur is supposed to be the braindead "MASH BUTTAN - WIN GAEM" frame.

Comparing to Excalibur isn't really fair because Excalibur is supposed to be the braindead "MASH BUTTAN - WIN GAEM" frame.

Not precisely, both frames fall into the category of nuke frames (at least that's my current feeling of the two) so they both should be among similar standings, its just Excalibur has had a more recent rework to make him handle scaling better. Hopefully when this change falls through Saryn will be equally useful, but given how much focus on duration based powers DE has been sprouting about I feel like she may lose her standing as a Nuke frame. 

Synergy does NOT mean buff. Just saying. Synergy is synergy, nothing more, nothing less. You either have synergy, or you don't. It can be strong, average or weak. Just like you can have powerful abilities that don't possess any form of synergy. Saying that synergy implies buff is rather misguided.

Maybe I was not clear enough, which is indeed flawed. When saying synergy=buff, i'm not only speaking "power level" im speaking flow and fun and well.. you know gameplay stuff. for me complexity is better. Well executed not limbo tho.