Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[WC] Ushtar: The Marine Tactician | 6/14/2017 - Added fulcrvm's last sketch

Rhekemi

After the latest round of reddit feedback, I am considering scaling back Ushtar's set of gear, and streamlining him to better resemble other warframes/fit into the game.

Scaling back will mean:

-Void suppressor/silencer will be removed

-Ushtar's signature Karambit will become real, not a void weapon

-Stealth rollers, tagging enemies, and rollers becoming tenno latchers during Assault might be removed 

-Night vision passive will be removed

-Ability names will be changed

What I will not do is abandon the core theme. I did appreciate knowing that a marine/soldier theme isn't for some people. That's okay.

Edited by Rhekemi

UPDATES:

-First Ability renamed "Silent Blade"

----Stealth rollers, tagging enemies removed from Silent Blade

----Void suppressor/silencer removed

----Active camo and Karambit kills remain the core of the ability

-Void Karambit changed to a real one. This is Ushtar's signature melee weapon.

-IED reworded to emphasize the explosives are made of Void energy, not external gear

-Fourth Ability renamed to "Blade and Gun" (as in the Tenno; warriors of blade and gun)

-Improved synergy of casting first three abilities while 4th is active

-Unlike existing press 4 to win abilities, this creates room for mobility, synergy, and highly-active, smart, solo or team play.

----Casting Silent Blade (on enemies): Ushtar performs melee kills (when in range) with his Karambit.

----Casting Silent Blade (on allies): Casts Recon’s active camo on any ally whose health drops to 30% or below. They are cloaked until they move again.  

----Casting Takedown: Remains the same, but now Ushtar uses the Karambit in all chained combos. Weak/medium level enemies die, high levels take more damage than normal Takedown combo chains

----Casting IED is not possible

I like the Warframe Idea its pretty original. I think his IED should become a toggle when your blade and gun is activated. Have him auto sticky IED's to enemies within a sphere of influence of course it would increase the energy drain cost but I would also free up no having to worry about enemies surrounding you. Well thats just my thought.

Thanks for the support, Andy.

I think that is a good start (for IED synergy during Blade and Gun), thanks. I will think about how to work off of that.

Artwork: This is underway! After trying to contact various, really good community artists, two great artists worked out. Their work will be ready when it's ready, but I'm happy to have their help in bringing Ushtar to life. Unlike with my Neuron concept, I can't try my hand at this one.

Edited by Rhekemi

Thanks, Akiryx.

Tourniquet has been revised two or three times to buff it so far, but perhaps it could be stronger. I don't want it to be a straight up heal, but have specific uses which will make players strategize (it also has an offensive use when cast on enemies during Blade and Gun: draws blood/slash, and dismembers).

Do you have any ideas for how to make it stronger, without making it a full heal?

Which of his three passives is the most unique, and which is the most useful, btw? He may still feel too much like a Mary Sue to folks with all three, but I left them in since each has a purpose. Frogman, the Sharkwing speed buff, seems the most unique to me, while Rifleman is the most useful.

Artwork is underway. I never know how much more to say than that, as I don't want to pressure the artist(s). It will be ready when it is ready, but I'm excited for folks to see it. (There are two artists who accepted my request, so we may get two looks that compliment each other, not compete with each other.)

Hey, Andy.

I like that you went with the Pilotka helmet, karambit placement, and his gear pouches.

Indeed, it's a bit rough, but all artwork is appreciated. 

Thank you, and I'm glad you liked Ushtar enough to contribute a sketch.

Hey, Andy.

I like that you went with the Pilotka helmet, karambit placement, and his gear pouches.

Indeed, it's a bit rough, but all artwork is appreciated. 

Thank you, and I'm glad you liked Ushtar enough to contribute a sketch.

Thanks glad you liked the aspects of the sketch.

Off the top of my head I would say perhaps make it so that the extra effect Tourniquet gets from his Ulti that allows him to target enemies be made part of the regular ability, and the Ulti would perhaps allow it to target multiple enemies or something along those lines. 

UPDATE:

j0FIMHZ.png

12193437_926468754095267_314460696478979

-fulcrvm and Gamer_Jay's artwork added to the front page. They're still works in progress.

-All three artists' work showcased in two sections (fulcrvm's artwork contains more artwork not seen in this post)

-Second artwork section moved up (above all the reference media and artist notes--should have done it earlier)

Edited by Rhekemi

Okay, I think I'm going to have to update his kit's language. Reddit pointed out the similarities with Limbo (based on Void magician/Void marine), and I don't mind that. It's one of those similarities in WF that can and do happen.

What I think I need to change, and why, is the "uses void-trip wires" and "uses void-strands" language, because it makes it sound like I intend him to pull his powers directly from the active Void dimension as Limbo does. Not intended.

Yeah. Will update his kit to make it clear it is his own energy he's using, though his title will remain in order to distinguish him from Space Marines from other franchises and media.

The theme would be best for this Warframe would be to become an engineer , launched grenades , combat drone , turret etc etc ... but the skin is really deadly !! perhaps gave him a more massive body be more appropriate. A Warframe for accompanied Mr. Vauban who knows .....

I was honestly expecting a really generic concept, but this blew my expectations out of the water.

I love his first and third abilities. Not too sure about the fourth, but im interested. I find that his second ability in "Mode A", Takedown, probably shouldn't have the overshield boost. His passives are brilliant.

The art by fulcrvm sold it for me.

10/10

C'est vraiment incroyable !!! LOURD !

Hey, thanks. I had to run that through google translate, but it meant about what I thought it did.

The theme would be best for this Warframe would be to become an engineer , launched grenades , combat drone , turret etc etc ... but the skin is really deadly !! perhaps gave him a more massive body be more appropriate. A Warframe for accompanied Mr. Vauban who knows .....

Have you checked out his theme and concept details on the front page? It's a pretty good theme as is, I believe. 

I like it!

Looks more warframe than some warframes!

And the theme is also great!

Thanks.

I was honestly expecting a really generic concept, but this blew my expectations out of the water.

I love his first and third abilities. Not too sure about the fourth, but im interested. I find that his second ability in "Mode A", Takedown, probably shouldn't have the overshield boost. His passives are brilliant.

The art by fulcrvm sold it for me.

10/10

Thanks for the feedback and appreciation of the theme and concept. I'll think about the overshield, but my logic at the time was to split different buffs and drawbacks among the abilities. To get the best of what he's capable of, you'd have to use all his skills.

Thanks, guys/girls.

It has a Splinter Cell Sam Fisher feel to it, with the disarm and karambit and all that... Why hasn't DE made this frame yet?

Thanks. What's funny is I wanted to consider other tactical/combat knives (from a list of special forces/military blades from around the world), but the karambit was the only one that seemed the best, and had an aesthetic that would fit in as a Tenno weapon. Watching the YT video linked in the OP sold it for me.

I have seen the concepte and powers asser seems correct but the military theme best describes is that of Tactician, Destroyer and Battlefield, leave the void to a female Warframe;) After you do what you want but I hope to see him in Warfame

Thanks. I am not sure how the void description belongs to only female warframes (because all Tenno power is derived from their exposure to the Void), but I will change the concept langauge somehow to set him apart form Limbo, the Void magician. He is described as a tactician in the concept, though. I know I still have to refine it.

Doesn't look like a Warframe, feels more like a Presona, Warframes have a more natural look to them even Limbo and Mesa have look found on all Warframes, flesh-meets-metal is constant theme found on all warframes so far.

That being said, I like the look, not too crazy about the power set, sounds pretty unbalanced but I like the general theme of the frame.