Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Think The Void Rework Is Going To Halt Vaulting?

WindBlade

I see a lot of people assuming that the void rework is going to stop prime items being rotated out, and will see old primes being brought back immediately, and I'm not seeing where they're getting this idea.

All the talk about the void rework has been more about increasing the variety of missions you play, so that instead of doing 50 ODD's to get your, say, trinity prime BP, you end up doing 50 different missions with a chance for the BP to drop.

Furthermore, when talking about vaulted items, DE has said 'they MAY come back'. Not 'they WILL', or 'they're likely to', but they MAY. Nothing that has been said or presented so far leads me to believe Vaulting is going to end with the starchart rework, unless I've missed something.

Edited by WindBlade

DE said that vaulted items will come back with the void rework. People who watch prime time know that. I don't think they talked about the void rework like that on the devstream. The devstream was more about the diverse missions.

They also say every time that vaulting is temporary except for excal prime which is permanent.

Because people - not just Warframe players - will take the vaguest statements and use it to support their beliefs, hopes and dreams. It's why we have vitriolic political arguements over identical politicians; hundreds of Christian denominations that equally make no sense.

Because reality stinks - and no one likes admitting it.

Sure - the Vaulted pieces have been assumed to return because DE did explicitly say it wouldn't be forever. So they'll be back eventually - maybe - and people will fixate on that.

All the while ignoring possible implications of the vault discharging its contents across the system.

Such as - if every Prime item is available again one day - scattered throughout these Void-rifts in the new starchart - will we actually be able to farm anything specific anymore? Or will it be one huge random Prime part drop table?

Will our keys still function as specific missions? Or is even that going to be subject to RNG with this rift concept?

All the ways that this could go bad for us - the players - are being glossed over - in favour of this reward-soma that everything will be back one day - DE said so - and it will be ok!

Not really saying vaulting is being stopped. He's saying it will increase the variety of missions you do to get the currently available parts.

Yeah,this is what i understood as well. Having items Vaulted and then return after a lot of time,gives the game a collectors sense. 

When the starchart remake was first thrown in the air and was started being worked on the initial "plan" was that vaulted items will come back, grind will be lessened a bit and missions will be more varied. Except in the latest devstream it's probably was all nice words and promises to make it sound better or whatever, because when Steve started sugarcoating the whole idea it was apparent that they are not going to touch dilution or drop chances (or if they do it will be near unnoticeable), only the variety of missions in general and the concept of accessing the void. To me at least it sounded like that. At least mission variety is going to add a lot of replayability so there's that I guess. I have doubts now though.

Edited by Shryoss

The reason why these items will come back is because there is simply no other possibility, unless the idea is to make the system unsustainable and quite essentially flawed. In which case it cannot be taken seriously and would cease to exist as a credible being. Which will destabilise the community and cause a break down which in turn will lead to the downfall of the system itself, caused by itself. And since in my point of view DE is not a cooperate business with the objective of self destruction it is unavoidable for the vaulted items to be reintroduced in the game

the reason they gave for vaulting prime stuff in the 1st place was dilution. said dilution will be solved with the upcoming starchart rework so there you go

See - this one line that so many seem to be spouting bothers me especially.

If they were vaulted to ease dilution - how the hell does releasing all of them across the starchart - do anything other than bring back even more dilution?!

I know everyone has placed all bets on the starchart rework solving all of Warframe's loot/reward issues - but that is not feasible. Especially when factoring all previous and current Prime parts supposedly being available. Its these kinds of ludicrous expectations that lead to hype threads and crushing disappointment when the truth is revealed. 

As I recall - the whole idea that vaulting began to "ease dilution" hasn't been mentioned by anyone at DE other than Sheldon - and even then as a wisecrack - not that we can really take anything that guy says at face value anyway!

Easiest, simplest reason it was done - was to create scarcity and drive plat sales. Gratz to them - its worked - I really don't think they'll back away from it if so.

DE said that vaulted items will come back with the void rework. .

Not really saying vaulting is being stopped. He's saying it will increase the variety of missions you do to get the currently available parts.

As WindBlade mention they never confirmed vaulted items will come back with the void rework in that Devstream. You are free to interpret their statements regarding the issue how ever you like but don't make conclusions on their return based on idle chat about starchart 3.0

Fact is that they never needed to remove any parts at all. They could simply fix the core issue of dilution by removing access resources, keys, duplicated parts, forma, cores, mutagen mass, mutalist nav cords, etc etc. Instead they choose to remove several parts and not address the issue at all. Why would they do that in the first way? Certaintly not to decrease the grind for players and make everything more accessible for players for we all know that is never gonna happen.

See - this one line that so many seem to be spouting bothers me especially.

If they were vaulted to ease dilution - how the hell does releasing all of them across the starchart - do anything other than bring back even more dilution?!

I know everyone has placed all bets on the starchart rework solving all of Warframe's loot/reward issues - but that is not feasible. Especially when factoring all previous and current Prime parts supposedly being available. Its these kinds of ludicrous expectations that lead to hype threads and crushing disappointment when the truth is revealed. 

As I recall - the whole idea that vaulting began to "ease dilution" hasn't been mentioned by anyone at DE other than Sheldon - and even then as a wisecrack - not that we can really take anything that guy says at face value anyway!

Easiest, simplest reason it was done - was to create scarcity and drive plat sales. Gratz to them - its worked - I really don't think they'll back away from it if so.

well having more potential missions in which to drop said parts will solve the dilution issue no?

however for what it's worth i don't think they will bring back vaulted items or stop this vaulting practice with the rework either. it's working to well driving plat sales. i just wanted to point out why so many players think the stuff is coming back with the rework.