Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spam From De?

ACorpse

I just got an email from "sword coast legends" with a reply-to address of no-reply@warframe.com, on the address on which I signed up to warframe.

Now, I have no idea what sword coast is, but I have opted out of ALL communications, so this email is not acceptable.

DE, is this yours? Can you smack your marketing GM for me please? Someone needs to re-read the CAN-SPAM act.

It's not spam. Sword Coast Legends is a D&D game offering; single, co-op, and multiplayer. The game is developed by N-space. DE collaborated with N-space early this year offering guidance and help with self publishing Sword Coast Legends.

Full thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/395873-sword-coast-legends-digital-extremes-and-n-space-collaboration/?hl=%2Bsword+%2Bcoast+%2Blegends

Sword Coast Legends just came out a few days ago on all platforms. So this email is more about advertisement and getting the word out to gamers. If you looked at the bottom of the newsletter you would of seen DE's logo with the other logos that supported or allowed for development.

In my own opinion it looks pretty fun, not only do you get to play as your character but as a DM.

Edited by Postal_pat

It's not spam. Sword Coast Legends is a D&D game offering; single, co-op, and multiplayer. The game is developed by N-space. DE collaborated with N-space early this year offering guidance and help with self publishing Sword Coast Legends.

Full thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/395873-sword-coast-legends-digital-extremes-and-n-space-collaboration/?hl=%2Bsword+%2Bcoast+%2Blegends

Sword Coast Legends just came out a few days ago on all platforms. So this email is more about advertisement and getting the word out to gamers. If you looked at the bottom of the newsletter you would of seen DE's logo with the other logos that supported or allowed for development.

In my own opinion it looks pretty fun, not only do you get to play as your character but as a DM.

It's unsolicited commercial email. Just because I haven't received 15 copies of it doesn't mean it's not spam.

edit: And no I don't open suspected spam, I just checked the headers.

Edited by ACorpse

It's unsolicited commercial email. Just because I haven't received 15 copies of it doesn't mean it's not spam.

edit: And no I don't open suspected spam, I just checked the headers.

Yeah it kind of does mean it's not spam. DE rarely, rarely sends out emails besides from major updates (a commercial for their own game) and booster codes. The only reason for DE to advertise for N-Space is probably because they have a contract to help the development of Sword Coast.

Yes don't open it if you don't know what it is. However since we know who sent this, anyone can see what it is by looking it up first.

Thanks for clarifying this issue! I began to think, this mails were something like a fraud, using foreign reply-adresses to circumvent my spamfilter...