Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Have A Place To Farm Orokin Catalysts/reactors?

NinthAria

Actually your incorrect, 'free to play' is where you are able to play the game without paying for it in the first place, not have everything you want in the game for free.  

This a thousand times. And from all the F2P's I've tried, Warframe (even with its flaws) is one of the most benevolent towards the non-paying players.

My scenario hinges on knowing DE after 1.8k hours of playing. If some prime parts have drop rates of 2% (or Imperator Vandal's receiver which btw was time limited) what makes you think that something available in the market wouldnt be?

If potatoes where put in the void many players (myself included) would be annoyed or downright pissed because of more clutter for my prime pieces (that I can use to buy taters in an easier way anyways). It would be the same as forma. Getting rewards I don't even need (currently have 5 reactors doing nothing in my inventory). Sure, others would be happy because they'd be able of farming them with almost impossible odds of even getting them.

So maybe they don't put them in the void. There's an overhaul of the star chart coming up anyways, which by extension means a pretty huge shift in where and how we acquire things, or at least mission rewards like prime parts and the like; they could slip it in somewhere then. They could be buyable from syndicates. There's a myriad of places they could go where players could be allowed to get them outside of specific windows that they don't get to set.

For my part, I do want to make it clear for the record that I understand your disagreement. As I've said, there are workarounds like trading; that's a good thing. I disagree with the notion that we should just leave things as they are, but I see your logic. This isn't a crisis fix that needs to be addressed now; it's (what feels to me, at least) an inconsistency that I felt it'd be worthwhile to draw attention to with everything about to change anyway when U18 arrives.

This is where I stopped reading and added you to my ignore list. For you to misinterpret and misrepresent me is one thing. People make mistakes. For you to then defend your terrible mistakes while insulting me? That's not a sign of a person worth interacting with, so I'll never make the mistake of doing so again.

Good day to you.

There was no insult given and if one was taken it is as manufactured as your righteous anger and false indignation about some made up misrepresentation. If you chose to use these as a crutch to run from a logical debate that is your choice. Calling you out on these weak debate tricks is not an insult, it is a statement to inform you I am not fooled by such tricks and either provide real arguments for your point or to admit you can't and move on. The third choice I guess is to double down on your argumentum ad hominem tricks.

Do not expect me to shed a single tear, or care in anyway that you deem me not worth interacting with. You are a random name on an internet forum, my life does not revolve around your approval.

I will leave this here again, these are your words stating your position quite clearly. I have responded quite clearly and accurately to your points as you have written them. It most certainly IS possible to play this game solo and if you do choose to group up and play content for your level of gear your squad mates will be similar the majority of the time unless they slapped down real money to short cut to power without going through the content.

As a new player, I completely disagree with this. Many parts of the game are ridiculously difficult or impossible to solo for a new player, which means they need to play in a group. Due to the way the game groups you with other players, you're often matched with people who are vastly more powerful than you.

The regular alert system in the game IS static content with even Vauban alerts regular (I got him within a month of starting to play and who knows how many alerts I missed during that time?), same with the auras... devstream scheduled potato and special potato alerts are not static content. Also, more irrelevance because you only need a Vauban piece or aura mod -once-; you need several, if not many potatoes to fully enjoy the game. Not even a good try, and still no rationale as to why potatoes (and inventory slots) should be any different from any of the other... to reemphasize... 100% of the rest of the noncosmetic content of the game that drop -somewhere- in the game. They aren't any different, and should drop ingame.

"That's OK" doesn't cut it.

Excalibur prime, lato prime and skana prime have never been available from drops, only payment.

Potatoes are available from ingame actions like alerts and conflicts. You only need one per frame/weapon. A weapon that you don't like after rank 30 without a potato is generally not a weapon you want to keep around.

Inventory slots are not needed to play the game effectively, you can choose a weapon to keep and cycle through new ones to create a loadout you like, they even start you with some plat to buy more slots at the beginning of the game.

So maybe they don't put them in the void. There's an overhaul of the star chart coming up anyways, which by extension means a pretty huge shift in where and how we acquire things, or at least mission rewards like prime parts and the like; they could slip it in somewhere then. They could be buyable from syndicates. There's a myriad of places they could go where players could be allowed to get them outside of specific windows that they don't get to set.

For my part, I do want to make it clear for the record that I understand your disagreement. As I've said, there are workarounds like trading; that's a good thing. I disagree with the notion that we should just leave things as they are, but I see your logic. This isn't a crisis fix that needs to be addressed now; it's (what feels to me, at least) an inconsistency that I felt it'd be worthwhile to draw attention to with everything about to change anyway when U18 arrives.

I'm hopeful for the new Star Chart but iirc I haven't heard anything of drop tables being reworked. Sure we will get to the void differently and we will get rotating nodes and stuff but what makes you sure the drop tables wont remain the same? Maybe even worse if the vaulted primes come back.

Buying potatoes from syndicates? Might as well just give them to us every time we log in. Potatoes shouldn't be easier to get than formas seeing as we need at least 3 forma for every potato.

How is it an inconsistency? Event weaps and mods aren't farmable (except for the elemental/status and even then Tethra Doom's still isn't farmable). Baro's gear isn't farmable either and some of it is very good (Prisma Cleavers , Prisma Skana).

Actually you know what? Let's make potatoes the same as Exilus Slots. Oh wait. Do people even farm these? Cause I buy mine. Screw Simaris and the requirements for em.