Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox Misplaced Pouched Side-Arms, Static Dual Side-Arms, Similar Visual Bugs.

Volkovyi

Good Day Tenno,

I want to use this opportunity to point out some odd visual bugs, recently it seems, that have manifested with using pouched side-arms such as the Spira, or Despair on Equinox, and other Warframes. As well as odd behavoir on dual wielded side-arms such as the Cestra, or Akstilleto.

However I only have screenshots on the misplaced side-arms.

Equinox:

Shown below, the Spira pouches seem to have been shifted to one side. The pouch on our right is floating just off of Equinox's body, while the pouch on our left is clipping INSIDE of their thigh. You can barely see the ribbon clipping out.

P4cShxP.png

Secondly, I have noticed that randomly in recent times when using Equinox, certain dual-wielded side arms including these pouched sidearms, outside of the liset, will become static as in lose animation. When running, a sheathed weapon would be normally attached to the thigh of Equinox and move WITH them. However when they become static, the weapon would float slightly offset to Equinox and stay perfectly still despite the movement Equinox is making. Unfortunately I have no screenshots to show this, and I was personally unable to replicate this visual bug with other Warframes.

Nekros:

I would like to use this time to bring some attention to Nekros's use of pouched side-arms. Since I could equip a Nekros with Despair, these circular masses have been present. I feel this is an inadequet and sub-par solution to the unique design of Nekros's thighs. Surely the Despair can be moved inside the spiked rings, or something similar WITHOUT having to add "filler" objects to the weapon. Off-note, the Despair is now crooked between the two legs as one is higher than the other.

KFGQ8LG.png

As far as sub-par solutions to equipping Nekros with thrown side-arm weapons, this holds true to a degree with the Spira, and similar weapons. The Spira pouches are small and elegant, surely they could fit inside the rings on Nekros's thighs.

3zRiH6M.png

Despair:

As some other recent threads have shown, Despair is not only misaligned, but the filler objects can be present seemingly on most Warframes equipped.

Here they are on Excalibur.

dT9dwd8.png

And here they are on Ash, colored white for visibility.

SOIbgGJ.png

The Despair is a sleek and beautiful weapon, I feel its design could add to a Warframe's contours; in doing so acting as a cosmetic piece as well as a functioning weapon. I am sure there are more elegant solutions to equipping it to each Warframe than the peculiar "filler mass."

You want to see something cringe-worthy check out Sonicor's placement on Equinox's hip:

Also, as a fun game, take regular ol' Kunai, and see if you can find any frame that it fits on cleanly.

Good observation, I have forgotten about this oddity. It is good to include it as well.

As a note on this, all of the longstanding sidearms with holsters use that blob as part of their mesh that functions as an attachment point so nothing ever looks like it's floating, more recent weapons use the spikes. (Look at the gammacor's holster for how that can be both good and bad; it loks horrid because people don't seem to notice that it's actually mounted a lot farther away from the frame than it's supposed to be, but people also haven't seemed to realize it because of the odd spike coming off the inside of it.) Personally I feel the spikes (and blobs) should just go away because it helps when there is a mounting issue like these to get it noticed and fixed, not to mention that it acually would look better floating than with an obvious blob and all the holsters would look better on Nekros that way.

Edit: (Eh, clarification really) The Gammacor itself sits in the correct position when unequipped but it's holster is offset way away from the frame resulting in some awfull clipping.

Edited by Tarak