Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List Of Things That Is In The Game That De Said No To! (Or The Community)

noveltyhero

Hey guys,

First off this is a light-hearted post, being here for a long time I saw a lot of negative responses to several ideas that are now in the game. If you are here to rage about your idea thread, then don't.

So let's begin:

-PvP

DE said they want to keep the game solely PvE, now we have several iterations of a PvP system that constantly improves

-Capes

Remember all the "no capes" gifs? xD

Yeah, the community was not fond of this one, thankfully DE knows better.

-Mecha/Other vehicles

Archwing is kind of like an external suit? Maybe an attachment? Any way, DE basically made a parallel game with AW, it is getting updated and its a hella fun

-Pets?

People were like "omg so stupiiid" then Kubrows came and now we also get cats! Please DE, get us that awesome bird we had fan concepts of

-Gunblades

A thread came up every once in a while and people just threw molotovs at it without even reading

-Rocket launchers

"ninjas dont use rocket launchers", sorry bud, they do now

Anything I missed? Probably so, what were other things that the community basically pooped on to then be in the game?

PS. DE you're awesome for actually adding this stuff in  ^.^

<<<<<Waiting for first person>>>>>

why to wait? get sentinel & bug to get 1st person >>

[spoiler:]need AW dojo room & better clan rank system & other clan/dojo additions

^i know i suck with posting stuff , cant even color text

Δℓƨσ вʋғғ ʌσι∂ мσвιℓɛ ∂ɛғɛиƨɛ ρℓɛαƨɛ

Edited by (PS4)urkonse

"Never say never" right? DE. Has managed to make a lot of these thing work, that initially put off a surprising number of people. I remember the gun blade hate (being a supporter of the gunblade myself). It's in the game now, most people are meh about it, some people really like it. It made some people really happy, and I don't think it ruined Warframe for anyone. Things like Kubrows and Archwing have been even more succuessful (even if there's room for improvement, I think most people would say they're a part of Warframe now, and the game benefits from their existence).

This is an interesting thread, and people should take it as a reminder to keep an open mind about this stuff.

Hey guys,

First off this is a light-hearted post, being here for a long time I saw a lot of negative responses to several ideas that are now in the game. If you are here to rage about your idea thread, then don't.

So let's begin:

-PvP

DE said they want to keep the game solely PvE, now we have several iterations of a PvP system that constantly improves

-Capes

-Mecha/Other vehicles

Archwing is kind of like an external suit? Maybe an attachment? Any way, DE basically made a parallel game with AW, it is getting updated and its a hella fun

-Pets?

People were like "omg so stupiiid" then Kubrows came and now we also get cats! Please DE, get us that awesome bird we had fan concepts of

-Gunblades

A thread came up every once in a while and people just threw molotovs at it without even reading

-Rocket launchers

Anything I missed? Probably so, what were other things that the community basically pooped on to then be in the game?

PS. DE you're awesome for actually adding this stuff in  ^.^

<<<<<Waiting for first person>>>>>

Now since I don't see too much detail or effort in this post, I'll reply with the exact amount of efforts or a little bit more.

I think it's a matter of how to implant or express something when it comes to adding game elements. Nothing is a good idea if it's not properly implanted. I'll take GTA 5 for an example, back in the day if you talks about adding first person into GTA, people will bash on you being a CoD trash, however, what Rockstar did was beyond the hype and expectation, people accepted it, moved on, no particular voice on it. Same here, the problem on...let's say Archwing, was being poorly implanted. The game mode itself was so good, I give it a higher ranking than most of the Gundam games I've played (excepted for UC Climax which I considered the classic of the classic), however the problem was before 17.5 you can't feel the love put into it, it's a house without a proper paint job. It's missing the colors to make it truely shines. This is what most game faces when implanting new elements. Programmers or developers loves to go back and rework something rather than give in one shot and one shot only. That's the challenge they face in their work, it's no easy task to make one shot and hit the goal. That's the reason we should bare with them to some degree, sometimes we need to be tolerating , sometimes we need to let them know something is not okay(recently the survival balancing), this is a healthy relationship.

As for the stuffs you mentioned, 

So let's begin:

-PvP

-Capes

-Mecha/Other vehicles

-Pets?

-Gunblades

-Rocket launchers

Any of these stuff making you feel a urge to bash on them (except for those little things that need a little love and tweat)? If no then I think they are doing it correctly. I personally don't really care what is okay and what is not, I want to look at the results, if in the end they can properly make it fit nicely I don't have a problem. As long as they don't put themselves into a bigger trouble by doing so that is.

I don't believe that OP is bashing DE for putting this stuff in Warframe, I think he's saying that that community resistance towards these additions was misplaced, and that DE is "awesome for actually adding this stuff in"

Yeah.

Despite OP's best efforts to assure everyone he was not bashing on DE, naturally, it was still perceived as such.