Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Cosplay] Hunhow, The Sentient (Natah's Father)

thelastpwnr99

HEY GO CHECK OUT THE ACTUAL POST IN THE COSTUME CONTEST FORUM HERE:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/536918-new-costume-contest-you-are-what-you-kill/page-14?p=6207765

Well, here it is.  With only 6 or so days left, I took to the garage to make myself into a Sentient.  And it turned out pretty dang boss.

Now this is the story...all about Hunhow--my life got twisted turned upside down, and I'd like to take a minute just sit right there: I'll tell you how I became the Sentient with that orange glare. (if you sang that to the tune of Prince of Bel Air you are perfect.)

Day 1: "Well This Could Work."

So, one fine day, Pwnr took a cloak he had made, put it over a morphsuit, added a mask he had recently purchased, and said:  "hey, with a helmet this would look like Hunhow."  And thus, he took an old bicycle helmet and flipped it.

fGR4Z5E.jpg

After cramming it on his nose, he realized it had a look similar to the middle of the Lotus shaped helmet.

And so it began.

Day 2: "You Guise Let's Make A Thing"

So, due to the help of two of my friends, who looked at the picture and went "WHOA" then looked at my thing and went "huh," we actually got to work.

hW6HFBi.jpg

the helmet was somewhat easier than expected, as I had purchased a cheapo Halloween blade to make the cheek guards a day earlier. (pictured next to the bike helm).  The Juicy Couture hanger you see in the background was an old hanger that went into making the base of the side fins.

yXjTUYR.jpg

Remnants of the old foam used to make the helmet fins.  It was actually just old foam I had on hand.  Just goes to show you don't need oodles of cash to make costumes.

w9DYgff.jpg

Juicy hangers plugged into the helmet using a small chisel to eat the helmet, then screwed into the foam on the helmet; foam cutout 1 added, 2 being made.  Not perfect shape, but it was done by hand using a picture.

8L1sj6R.jpg

Space Dreadlock/Skis/Hunhow's Cables assembled from old metal and ready to be painted/fortified with tape.

QIBlvUB.jpg

Me wearing the rough helmet before painting or detailing.  Side fins were foam and therefore required covering (masking tape) in order to actually be painted and not disintegrate.  The blades (cheek guards) were simply screwed in and could be adjusted.

Still Day 2: THE MOMENT OF TRUTH. 

After the cloak was hung, spray painted (using flat orange, rocky grey, and metallic grey), and tied off, it was fastened with an old belt.  The helmet was taken out and painted using the same sprays.  A reflector bike light was fastened to the inside of the helmet, which was subsequently crammed onto my nose again, using ties on the helmet to attach them to my head.

D8PBIAV.jpg

Called it a night.

Day 3:  MOAR LIGHTS.

Had someone pick up a box of 70 count Halloween lights for a few bucks.  Entirely by myself, strung them through the sleeves and around the torso, running the cord down the side.  Added flair and pronounced the colors (although this picture is potato quality.  And taken in my sister's room.

BY0icbQ.jpg?1

Day 4:

Two days later, the house next door allows us to use their photography room.  We try the gray background but it can't happen due to me being too tall + my helmet exceeding the height of the background (there were more colors of backdrops hung above that would have been visible.  Chose the wood background. 

Also, taped on the four cords and updated the costume by using the fifth middle cord to run an extension cord through the tubing and provide power to the lights in my cloak.

FULL BODY:

9Awmytk.jpg

FNwmlBF.jpg?1

TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT (A.K.A transmission Hunhow):

Usb2Ea5.jpg

CLOSE BUT NOT TOO CLOSE:

mKJI0Qx.jpg

TCwPCgz.jpg

bt0LCVZ.jpg

CLAIMING THE COSTUME:

4kU0d6z.jpg?1

HAVING SOMEONE ELSE HOLD IT SINCE I COULD NOT SEE:

twURp0l.jpg?1

LIGHTS OUT:

xQn5bG7.jpg

Xn7eJhW.jpg

YOU'LL KNOW MY NAME BY READING IT FROM THE GROUND:

c86JJi7.jpg?1

FOUNDER FANBOY HUNHOW:

YRtgBUI.jpg

mO0tkU5.jpg

2A5PG5U.jpg

Overall, this costume taught me a lot.  1, you don't need a buncha money to make something epic.  2, I can pull something off with exceptionally small amounts of time with help from my friends.  (you can too, don't forget that.)  3, I need to bring contact lens solution everywhere because wearing that head rig caused one to get stuck on my cheek without me noticing.  4, yes, you CAN make something out of what you've got.

And 5...I cannot WAIT to see this character expanded upon.

So there's my adventure in costuming, fellow Tenno!

TL;DR and/or TL;D Look At:

I made Hunhow out of a bike helmet and Halloween lights and a contact fell out taking pictures.

Catch you next costume, guys.

TheLastPwnr (who is still stuck with that dumb username which is wrong.  I should have capitalized and removed the numbers a long time ago.)

HUNHOW FOR SCALE AND REFERENCE:

9SFdFNT.jpg

Edited by thelastpwnr99

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LOL very nice

Well done.  It would be cool to see the strings of lights flicker like embers.

You good sir, are awesome. In all seriousness the costume looks great.

Nice. This is really best! I take it, you like Natah's mother. (I know her/his voice was kinda weird when I heard it.)

Nice. Very nice.

You are a horrible father, but an excellent dresser.

I know these replies were forever ago, sorry for Shadows of the Dead-ing this thread, but thank you ALL!  Super nice of you all to take notice...and I love any and all replies.

Next time DE does a thing where you can interact with them then cosplay this!

If I can afford to go to any of their stuff, that is EXACTLY what I want to do!  Here's hoping!

I know these replies were forever ago, sorry for Shadows of the Dead-ing this thread, but thank you ALL!  Super nice of you all to take notice...and I love any and all replies.

If I can afford to go to any of their stuff, that is EXACTLY what I want to do!  Here's hoping!

Ya,kind of 

and the shoulders , kinda