Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elytra Syandana (Wip) Issun's Workshop

Issun135

The Elytra Syandana

I'm almost done (taking way longer than expected) with making this Syandana and I'm sticking with the name Elytra. But I'm still looking for feed back on what you think. I'd like to also congratulate MaaYuu and alexmach1 on getting both of their Syandanas finished and accepted in round one. I hope for mine to join in for round two.

Update 1.1 10/27/15:

Original concept and first base mesh iteration. 

Closed

mgm06iy.png

Open

Tugtwef.png

Update 1.2 10/28/15: base mesh refinement

I shrunk the stiffer parts slightly and split the cloth parts in to two parts to be more like insect wings. I'm starting to really like the name Elytra but its used by the elytron but I'll just have to wait and see. Textures are still a long way off.

Open:

KzuI7Er.png

Closed:

uQ81qUM.png

Update 1.5 11/2/15:

Just a bit of a text based update. I haven't had a lot of time to work on it but I've finished the UV mapping and slowly learning how to texture for game models. But that's proving to be a little more difficult than I had thought. If I could get any tips or anything you guys have to making textures I'd be glad to hear them.

Update 1.6 11/9/15:

i had finished the high poly sculpts on both of the outer rigid "wings" but then i learned i forgot to weld a few points together on the bottom to smooth out the edges. Which was a slight set back. I tried to sakvage the sculpt but since my knowlage with sculpting isnt a whole lot i couldnt salvage the normals due to a slit change in the UV's. So there goes a few days of work. School is getting busy too so time is limited. 

Update 2.0 (almost there) 11/10/15:

Did some sculpts, but they are not final. I'm still debating if i should have the orokin writing on the wings. but the UV mapping is done at least and the wings are going to most likely be the parts with the most detail with sculpts so everything else has whatever mapping it needs. After i decide on a final design on the sculpts it will be time to make the tint maps and then to the steam workshop.

Open

KQes4uJ.png

Closed

ri6V2Na.png

Ok so I havent given up on this at all I've just havent had a whole lot of time where I could work on it as school work has eaten all of my spare time. now that finals are almost over I should have this done Soon™

Edited by Issun135

I think this is a bit larger than the izvara, which DE says is the upper limit for syandana size. 

I'm aware of this, its slightly longer than the Izvara but its not as wide at the bottom. I'll upload a picture of them together when I can and the rigid parts may be a bit too wide/long but in terms of the lotus flowers its actually not that bad. Considering that Rhino's shoulders may be wider than it.

I also need to find a model of Saryn so i can fit it on her to really see if its too big. 

I'm aware of this, its slightly longer than the Izvara but its not as wide at the bottom. I'll upload a picture of them together when I can and the rigid parts may be a bit too wide/long but in terms of the lotus flowers its actually not that bad. Considering that Rhino's shoulders may be wider than it.

I also need to find a model of Saryn so i can fit it on her to really see if its too big. 

http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/saryn-1785.html

Are you using Blender? I can't use this model b/c i don't have Blender and i can't find a .obj anywhere. :(

http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/saryn-1785.html

Are you using Blender? I can't use this model b/c i don't have Blender and i can't find a .obj anywhere. :(

not exclusively, but I do have it. Also thanks for finding that model.  I could probably convert it to an Obj and maybe do this for some of the trickier frame bodies for scaling purposes.

Currently not at home so I'll have to do this then. 

not exclusively, but I do have it. Also thanks for finding that model.  I could probably convert it to an Obj and maybe do this for some of the trickier frame bodies for scaling purposes.

Currently not at home so I'll have to do this then. 

It would be appreciated if you uploaded a .obj of it. 

Update: base mesh refinement

I shrunk the stiffer parts slightly and split the cloth parts in to two parts to be more like insect wings. I'm starting to really like the name Elytra but its used by the elytron but I'll just have to wait and see. Textures are still a long way off.

Open:

KzuI7Er.png

Closed:

uQ81qUM.png

Just a bit of a text based update. I haven't had a lot of time to work on it but I've finished the UV mapping and slowly learning how to texture for game models. But that's proving to be a little more difficult than I had thought. If I could get any tips or anything you guys have to making textures I'd be glad to hear them. 

More text updates: i had finished the high poly sculpts on both of the outer rigid "wings" but then i learned i forgot to weld a few points together on the bottom to smooth out the edges. Which was a slight set back. I tried to sakvage the sculpt but since my knowlage with sculpting isnt a whole lot i couldnt salvage the normals due to a slit change in the UV's. So there goes a few days of work. School is getting busy too so time is limited.

Another Update: Did some sculpts, but they are not final. I'm still debating if i should have the orokin writing on the wings. but the UV mapping is done at least and the wings are going to most likely be the parts with the most detail with sculpts so everything else has whatever mapping it needs. After i decide on a final design on the sculpts it will be time to make the tint maps and then to the steam workshop.

Open

KQes4uJ.png

Closed

ri6V2Na.png

Can you not use lotus sigil on the syandana? They don't like it and also mentioned in the guidelines. :)

I think im allowed to use warframe based resources to make a syandana for warframe also someone made a new loka syandana and got accepted. What they mean by dont use material thats not yours is from other games or anything thats copyrighted. If its warframe themed its fine.

*In Tennogen Round one thread

*Under general art tips

*Read the last line something about logo usage.

*Posted by DeRebbeca

Sorry I'm using phone can't link. :(

well its part of the design and i've made too much progress that i would loose a good chunk of what makes my syandana my syandana. Plus I made the design before i was aware of using the warframe logo. but i think its more of not using our own logos or something.

• 3 weeks later...