Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Resource Booster Is Better?

LoseUrself2Dance

Question

So I'm contemplating on buying a resource booster, just so I won't have to farm for any neurodes or neural sensors ever again. But I'm confused as to which one to buy, the chance one or the double one? I haven't really met anyone who has used these boosters, so I don't have a testimony. Which one is better?

Also: If I buy the chance booster, won't my entire squad get affected as well?

Edit: Do these help with mod drop/rates as well? (Probably not but can't hurt confirming)

Edited by LoseUrself2Dance

12 answers to this question

Just get the one that doubles resources, that's honestly the better one. Every time I used the chance booster, I never noticed it working(Orokin cells/argon sitll took FOREVER to drop) and far as I can tell no, the drop chance booster does not affect the whole squad sadly.(Which I think is something DE should fix, we need squad boosters in this game!)

No, only you get booster.

Yellow: Resource Booster doubles the amount of resources dropped in any mission ( so instead of 1 plastid you get 2)

Blue:  Resource Drop Chance doubles the chance of resource drop.. 

so a combination of both is handy when farming... 

EDIT: to clarify 

• This booster (Blue) is applied to the team, meaning the person who bought the booster does not have to be the one killing to earn more resources. Boosters from more than one players do not stack.
Edited by (PS4)AngelShur

The boosters are roughly equivalent, as they on average double the amount of resources you get. however, If you are playing shorter sessions get the drop chance as the double received is only better if you're guaranteed the resources (DS, Boss farm, Desecrate spam, etc.).

I can confirm first hand, that the drop chance booster affects the entire team. It just makes it so that enemies have a higher chance to drop rare resources. Personally I like this one better because I like helping out my friends

I ran Io Jupiter 20 waves without booster, got 6 Neural sensors

Buddy ran Io Jupiter without booster, got 6 Neural sensors

I ran Io with booster, got 13

He ran with booster got 12 

We went together with boosters, got 26

I went with another friend who didn't have booster, got 14

Bone Daddy was not used in any of these runs

Honestly, if you can afford to do it, get both. If you can only afford one, get the doubler -- it gives a physical boost to the stuff that *does* appear.

Now, that said, if you can get Nekros, (not with plat) that's an even better choice than either of the boosters. All you need is a weapon with a tendency to slash up corpses, and you can just go farm Earth for the neurodes instead of Derelict or Eris. ^_^

Hint: Atterax works wonderfully for this, and it also means that you don't need to get all that close to enemies to slash them apart.

Edited by cittran

Just get the one that doubles resources, that's honestly the better one. Every time I used the chance booster, I never noticed it working(Orokin cells/argon sitll took FOREVER to drop) and far as I can tell no, the drop chance booster does not affect the whole squad sadly.(Which I think is something DE should fix, we need squad boosters in this game!)

this is entirely wrong.

one person in the squad having drop chance booster effects all in the squad but not double resources booster..;)

i recommend you buying both drop chance+double resources boosters..i do it all the time..it's worth

Just 2 days back i bought it to help a friend and got 25 NS (50 with double resource booster) in 30min on Elara, Jupiter ..

Squad: 2x hydroid, nekros and trinity, find atleast 2 enemy spawn points near you and spam (enemy radar helps)

Always go for low level enemies survival/excavation maps for resources, don't do infested dark sectors.

hope that helps.

Edited by 007-MusicalMind

this is entirely wrong.

one person in the squad having drop chance booster effects all in the squad but not double resources booster..;)

i recommend you buying both drop chance+double resources boosters..i do it all the time..it's worth

Just 2 days back i bought it to help a friend and got 25 NS (50 with double resource booster) in 30min on Elara, Jupiter ..

Squad: 2x hydroid, nekros and trinity, find atleast 2 enemy spawn points near you and spam (enemy radar helps)

Always go for low level enemies survival/excavation maps for resources, don't do infested dark sectors.

hope that helps.

It's also worth noting that Mobile Defenses or Spy Missions are good for farming, as the levels of the enemies don't scale. Just find place to camp and fire away. Only draw back is, the spawn doesn't really ramp up the way endless missions do.