The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advanced Jordas Golem Guide

Gelkor

Question

Now that you guys on PS4 and Xbox have gotten the Jordas Precept, I thought I'd share some tips for quickly dispatching the Jordas Golem.  This is more of an advanced user guide as it's designed to make the fight quickly farmable for players with good to advanced archwing gear. This is a guide for how to kill the Golem in under 10 seconds. 

Archwing: Odonata.  This is used due to Energy Shell. Energy Shell increases the damage of your weapon by 50% as heat damage, and multiplies your critical multiplier by 200%. This is key to pumping out as much damage as possible in a short amount of time.  Blinking with Itzal and tanking with Elytron will not be necessary, as these tricks will let you kill the Golem at the very beginning of the fight.

AkSjRdg.jpg

Weapon: Grattler, this is a high ROF, high damage explosive weapon with a punishingly low range.  It also has a very high crit chance, which ties into the Odonata's Energy Shell Ability.  It's short range weakness will not factor into this as you will be up close and personal with the Golem's butt, but only for a short while.  I mod for Crit and RoF+Multishot, as well as Corrosive damage unless my group has 4 Corrosive Projections (CP), in which case I mod for Radiation damage. (Note, this actually only requires 3 forma, I've made mistakes while leveling and have 5 forma.

Alternative Weapon: Velocitus: I don't use one, but Velocitus is also a high crit high damage weapon, taking advantage of Energy Shell for huge crits.  Reports of 2-4 shoting the Golem with it. 

vHXlpNU.jpg

A word on auras.  CP is the number one aura for this fight, one CP is enough to allow this method to work when solo.  In groups, X-1 CP's (where X= the size of your group) is sufficient to also kill Golem in one pass, due to the way enemy health and armor scaling work.  If you have 4 CP's, switch to Radiation.  

Positioning:  Golem spawns in one of two positions, every time.  Facing Towards you and to the side, and Downwards and further to the right. Each of these positions telegraph where he will charge to at the beginning of the fight. Due to this, you can predict where to boost immediately at the start, and be in position to open fire without having to chase him down. This is how you make the fight end quickly.

The following images display the two starting positions, and where you want to boost to immediately to be in position.

Facing Towards You: When he spawns facing towards you, you need to immediately turn around and boost to the opposite end of the arena, by this piece of debris:

mGE0h5o.jpg

W449LNV.jpg

Facing Downwards: When he spawns facing towards you, you need to boost down and to the right, near this tentacle, so you are underneath him and have a clear line of fire. (Note, with baseline Odonata without Hyperion Thrusters, you will arrive around the same time as Golem, with O. Prime and/or Hyperion Thrusters, you will arrive before him, making it much easier).

rSQNdJi.jpg

2mnrQp7.jpg

Demo: Here is a quick video demonstration of the two positions, and two fast kills:

As mentioned, this is more of an advanced guide, intended for Archwing users with good gear, but one that I've been using to help friends and alliance members quickly and easily farm Atlas.  And I encourage any of you experienced AW-Jockeys to go out and spread the love and help your fellow Tenno in bringing own the Golem. =D

Good luck, and good hunting, Tenno.

Edited by Gelkor

12 answers to this question

I guess that's the point of this topic - he want's people to succeed and save time ;P

Pretty much, the idea is more of a "how to carry people" guide for people with good gear.  All it requires is one person with the gear and strategy, and everyone else just needs to bring a good aura. 

-Necro-

Any tips on doing it with friends, an Odonata and basic weapons, each one at level <15? :P

Assign one or two players with the highest AW damage to stick to the boss while the others stay in the middle area avoiding lightning have and killing adds and distracting the boss. Jordas will flee if three or more players stack up on his engines, so the fight works best if a few people stay in front and distract him, I've seen him stay in place for a minute straight before because only one person was behind him.

Having 4 CP would also be almost a must, the weaker your AW gear the more it's crucial to take advantage of your hopefully better Warframe gear.

Edited by Gelkor