Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Laser Rifle Datasheet Is Misleading

dEvilAliveD

On paper Prime Laser Rifle is supposed to have 100% accuracy but in reality it has about 10-20%. I tested a five-forma Prime Laser Riffle (no Heavy Calliber mod installed) standing still and leting it shoot a still target at about 5-10 meters (a corpus unit) - the results were terrible:

First of all, the laser is supposed to be light, isn't it? The speed of light is 300k km per sec - right? Wrong! The 'laser' of Prime Laser Rifle proves that light travels very slow, even slower than most of the projectiles in this game.

Secondly, you can see all shots spreading in a broad cone and only one (or two in the best case scenario) hit the target - is this the developers' understanding about 100% weapon accuracy?

The conclusion: Dont trust on weapons datasheet when deciding to invest time and resources. Watch a video, test in the game and then make your mind.

The conclusion: Dont trust on weapons datasheet when deciding to invest time and resources. Watch a video, test in the game and then make your mind.

solid advise.

it has been said before though that accuracy is weird stat that does not truly mean anything, but i cannot remember if that was from DE or just the general forum opinion.

Actual accuracy can be affected by an unknown number of things.

My assumption is the stat listing is just an approximation of accuracy function in ideal circumstances, but those circumstances are unknown and can be unpredictable on the Sentinels because attack Precepts may have an effect as well (such as target leading, accuracy change over distance, sentinel's own movement coupled with latency). Prime Laser Rifle being a burst weapon, some kind of recoil can also be expected (but not accounted for in the stat), causing the spread. Projectile weapons seem to be less consistent in terms of accuracy calculations as well.

This is just speculation, though.

Edited by Artarrwen

Most sentinel weapons have terrible spread despite the stats card stating 100 accuracy.

Stinger, burst laser, laser rifle all stated with 100 accuracy while in reality their accuracy is more akin to the Supra's.

The accuracy stat has meaning. It can be clearly seen when you slot heavy caliber on your weapon. The accuracy goes down and the spread goes up. The problem is 100 accuracy on 1 weapon is not the same as 100 accuracy on another. Each weapon seems to have a hidden spread modifier.

Many people argue the 50 accuracy on the boltor p is meaningless and that the telos boltor is just as accurate with its accuracy stat being 25, well that myth has been thoroughly busted in several threads including vids and pics but still people cling to it. In the case of the telos boltor vs the boltor p there is a clear correlation between the accuracy stats. BUT as I said before each weapon family seems to have their own hidden spread modifier (example Miter). As to why that is, only DE knows, it sure as hell is not helpful to keep it the way it is.

Prime Laser Rifle can be very accurate, sometimes hitting all five shots right in the head. The problem is sometimes it targets feet or legs, in which case it starts spraying all over the place. The only explanation I can think of is there are sentinel accuracy modifiers that change based on what body part is targeted. It could even be that it's trying to lead its shots, which doesn't work so well when its trying to land pinpoint shots on a moving foot.

Also, sometimes your sentinel will target a distant enemy and ignore closer enemies until the farther one is dead, which is why I use an unranked Warrior mod on my Wyrm Prime. It's not going to hit anything at long range due to travel time, so might as well save a few mod points and have it hold fire until there are closer targets.

edit: oh yeah Heavy Cal doesn't seem to have much effect on its accuracy *shrug*

Edited by ArbitUHM

On paper Prime Laser Rifle is supposed to have 100% accuracy but in reality it has about 10-20%. I tested a five-forma Prime Laser Riffle (no Heavy Calliber mod installed) standing still and leting it shoot a still target at about 5-10 meters (a corpus unit) - the results were terrible:

First of all, the laser is supposed to be light, isn't it? The speed of light is 300k km per sec - right? Wrong! The 'laser' of Prime Laser Rifle proves that light travels very slow, even slower than most of the projectiles in this game.

Secondly, you can see all shots spreading in a broad cone and only one (or two in the best case scenario) hit the target - is this the developers' understanding about 100% weapon accuracy?

You have rifles, don't you? You come out of missions with 100% accuracy? Pretty sure the rifle is accurate.

It does not say "your Sentinel is an Aimbot", it just states that the gun is 100% accurate. It does not fire itself, the Sentinel does. Blame the Sentinel.

You won't win any prizes for trying to prove that game mechanics don't use real physics. Feel free to try and explain why when Molecular Prime goes off, the entire map does not explode - include other players - from being covered in Anti-Matter.

If our Sentinels always hit with every shot they fired, we could sit on a Crypod inside a Snow Globe and just go for lunch.

Edited by DSpite