Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Genuine Concern: Pvp Mods Usable In Pve?

Kaotyke

Except for where, you know, these were never PvE mods in the first place. Either you can trade for them or just not use them. Prices will even out once people realize they can profit from playing PvP and more people begin to trade the mods. I doubt DE is going to add these to PvE droptables.

Precedent only matters if it's followed.  This doesn't have to be.  Speculation that it will be bad because of the damage rework is pointless fear mongering.

Teshin mods are going for well under 100p (20-30p max); challenges+syndicate cap allow people to grind out enough for a mod each day if their mastery is high enough.  Most PvP players barely spend any standing since content hasn't been added often enough to teshin's offerings for people not to be able to fill up their standing pool if they play regularly.

now you're being willfully ignorant. when was precedent not followed in this game in situations such as this?

also you are disregarding the supply and demand rule which very much applies to this case where one of the mods clearly outshines the others in demand.

#pvemodsbelonginpve

As a player who spent days in the conclave. I don't see a problem with people being able to get the mods in pve. Let me rephrase that, I meant that people should still be able to grind out the mods in pve, through something new. Maybe you can get rep for bi-mission challenges from tenshin, and you can trade in those "objectives" for mods? I feel like this would improve players skill because it gives them incentive to do the challenges without playing pvp.  

now you're being willfully ignorant. when was precedent not followed in this game in situations such as this?

also you are disregarding the supply and demand rule which very much applies to this case where one of the mods clearly outshines the others in demand.

#pvemodsbelonginpve

People said the same thing when they started doing a lot of weapons as clan research.  Piles of weapons have been added as market BPs as well since then.  Nothing is set in stone and it's pointless to speculate about trends that you can't prove will be permanent.

And again, it will only be a real issue if they add mods that are actually good in PvE.  None of these really are.  There are superior mods that can take that mod slot in every case right now.  Speculating over whether the damage rework will change that is pointless since only DE knows whether or not that will be the case.

The mods are not a necessity so if you absolutely must have them, play some PvP or trade for them.  Nothing entitles you to getting them any other way.

#getoffyourselfetitledbuttandtradeorplaypvp

Edited by Aggh

its a good attempt.. something to peak interest again without forcing players

but the cold hard numbers will speak for themselves 

you know what would have been a success ? 

faction vs faction non-tenno pvp 

playing as infested, grinner, and corpus units over battlefields with their own unique stats, spawning & abilities 

gives u a break from the tenno playstyle for awhile, keeps the game fresh

people love that it would have been a huge success ah well too late now

its a good attempt.. something to peak interest again without forcing players

but the cold hard numbers will speak for themselves 

you know what would have been a success ? 

faction vs faction non-tenno pvp 

playing as infested, grinner, and corpus units over battlefields with their own unique stats, spawning & abilities 

gives u a break from the tenno playstyle for awhile, keeps the game fresh

people love that it would have been a huge success ah well too late now

That could actually pretty cool o.o I mean it could be an extra game mode in the conclave where you "learn" about your enemies abilities :D

People said the same thing when they started doing a lot of weapons as clan research.  Piles of weapons have been added as market BPs as well since then.  Nothing is set in stone and it's pointless to speculate about trends that you can't prove will be permanent.

And again, it will only be a real issue if they add mods that are actually good in PvE.  None of these really are.  There are superior mods that can take that mod slot in every case right now.  Speculating over whether the damage rework will change that is pointless since only DE knows whether or not that will be the case.

The mods are not a necessity so if you absolutely must have them, play some PvP or trade for them.  Nothing entitles you to getting them any other way.

#getoffyourselfetitledbuttandtradeorplaypvp

right .. i'm entitled because i expect PvE content to be obtainable in PvE?

also once they released the 1st clan tech weapon the continued to do so ... so you point is .. proving me right?

the only reason they moved on from that i because the devised new time and resource gates for which i understand the necessity but gating bhind PvP to promote it is a whole nother level of bs and disregard towards the majority of the player base.

That's pathetic. Nothing entitles PVP players to have exclusive access to farming items usable in PVE. R5 tried the same thing in Firefall. They don't have so many players now.

right .. i'm entitled because i expect PvE content to be obtainable in PvE?

also once they released the 1st clan tech weapon the continued to do so ... so you point is .. proving me right?

the only reason they moved on from that i because the devised new time and resource gates for which i understand the necessity but gating bhind PvP to promote it is a whole nother level of bs and disregard towards the majority of the player base.

So how would you introduce the mods without making them pvp exclusive? I mean it could be done, just have to reward skillfull game play, it is what the conclave is for.

That's pathetic. Nothing entitles PVP players to have exclusive access to farming items usable in PVE. R5 tried the same thing in Firefall. They don't have so many players now.

I am genuinely confused. What did they do in fire fall? can we avoid it o.o? sounds really bad if so many players left

So how would you introduce the mods without making them pvp exclusive? I mean it could be done, just have to reward skillfull game play, it is what the conclave is for.

I am genuinely confused. What did they do in fire fall? can we avoid it o.o? sounds really bad if so many players left

idk there's a myriad of possibilities ranging from them being available from other syndicates as well to having them added to the mobs drop tables or mission rewards or even making conclave sigils reward rep for certain actions in PvE.

i agree that conclave stuff rewards skillful gameplay (or rather best hardware/connection and abusing hosting and broken meta) however that argument goes out the window once you make the mods usable in PvE.

Edited by ..atom..

I have no problem with this, as trading is still a thing. It's no different than syndicate mods that you have to make an active choice to farm for because you only get 4 syndicates at once usually. I actually want them to make more of them usable in PvE such as Explosive Demise and Vital Systems Bypass (My valk demands this.)
And no, I don't pvp, don't plan to pvp, and will not pvp.

idk there's a myriad of possibilities ranging from them being available from other syndicates as well to having them added to the mobs drop tables or mission rewards or even making conclave sigils reward rep for certain actions in PvE.

i agree that conclave stuff rewards skillful gameplay however that argument goes out the window once you make the mods usable in PvE.

So how bout this. You know the little mission objectives that you get at the start of the mission? Perhaps tenshin can give you bi-mission side objectives in which you have to complete. Instead of conclave rep, it gives you tokens, and you spend tokens to purchase the mods from tenshin since he is the pvp master etc..

Here is the catch, you don't have to be max ranked to get all the mods, just trade in the appropriate amount of tokens to get the mod :D. I think this would encourage players to become better, and have them get a little trophy mod(pvp mods since pve players don't want to pvp) at the end.

However adding it to the drop tables would create massive salt and rage, because pve players don't want the pvp mods and they will complain about how DE is this or that. Thus it is not a good idea :/

So how bout this. You know the little mission objectives that you get at the start of the mission? Perhaps tenshin can give you bi-mission side objectives in which you have to complete. Instead of conclave rep, it gives you tokens, and you spend tokens to purchase the mods from tenshin since he is the pvp master etc..

Here is the catch, you don't have to be max ranked to get all the mods, just trade in the appropriate amount of tokens to get the mod :D. I think this would encourage players to become better, and have them get a little trophy mod(pvp mods since pve players don't want to pvp) at the end.

However adding it to the drop tables would create massive salt and rage, because pve players don't want the pvp mods and they will complain about how DE is this or that. Thus it is not a good idea :/

i like the idea. and i like the PvP mods system and the direction of balance they take and i wish we see more of that in PvE as well. all i'm trying to say here is that if it's PvE content it should be available in PvE in some shape way or form. not exclusive to PvP which is such a different take on gaming experience compared to PvE.

i like the idea. and i like the PvP mods system and the direction of balance they take and i wish we see more of that in PvE as well. all i'm trying to say here is that if it's PvE content it should be available in PvE in some shape way or form. not exclusive to PvP which is such a different take on gaming experience compared to PvE.

I see, perhaps I should make a thread about it?

Imo the best option would be to make Ducats tradeable. Plenty of PvE and PvP players don't want to grind for them.

I have no problem with this, as trading is still a thing. It's no different than syndicate mods that you have to make an active choice to farm for because you only get 4 syndicates at once usually. I actually want them to make more of them usable in PvE such as Explosive Demise and Vital Systems Bypass (My valk demands this.)
And no, I don't pvp, don't plan to pvp, and will not pvp.

So many +1s

Most people have to trade for syndicate mods and weapons that they can't reasonably get.  How is this any different?

It's not exclusive.  Anyone can play PvP.  And again, none of these mods are especially good in PvE.

Edited by Aggh

I see, perhaps I should make a thread about it?

i like the idea of certain actions in PvE rewarding rep for tenshin. however i don't think tokens will happen and i don't think it's really fair to bypass the ranking system

i like the idea of certain actions in PvE rewarding rep for tenshin. however i don't think tokens will happen and i don't think it's really fair to bypass the ranking system

True, perhaps just rep then? I made it bypass the ranking system for people who would complain about the grind -.-); 

So many +1s

Most people have to trade for syndicate mods and weapons that they can't reasonably get.  How is this any different?

It's not exclusive.  Anyone can play PvP.  And again, none of these mods are especially good in PvE.

again you willfully misinterpret what is being said. the mods are exclusive to PvP while they are usable in PvE and because of that we have a problem.

i get it you have tons of spare rep with tensihn and you smell an opportunity to speculate the rare status of pvp mods and get rich off of it.

this is another reason why having PvE usable mods exclusive to PvP is a bad idea

again you willfully misinterpret what is being said. the mods are exclusive to PvP while they are usable in PvE and because of that we have a problem.

i get it you have tons of spare rep with tensihn and you smell an opportunity to speculate the rare status of pvp mods and get rich off of it.

this is another reason why having PvE usable mods exclusive to PvP is a bad idea

Tell me how it's any different from people who have to grind out of the rep hole and throw a catalyst offering to get out of negative rep to grind for other syndicate mods. It's just as inaccessible as PvP mods are for most players.  Staggering numbers of people just trade for syndicate mods rather than grind for them yet you don't see people complaining about that.  These PvP mods are no different.

I don't need plat off PvP mods.  I have plenty of catalysts and reactors stocked up and have been able to keep more than enough plat for my needs just selling off arcane helmets/extra mods/primes etc. etc. and occasionally buying plat when I get 50/75% off.

This boils down to people wanting to rail against PvP for no good reason as usual.

Edited by Aggh

Imo the best option would be to make Ducats tradeable. Plenty of PvE and PvP players don't want to grind for them.

So many +1s

It may not be good but for the players that don't want to trade or pvp. TBH I feel a bi mission objective from tenshin that gives you rep, would allow a much better balance between the two.

It may not be good but for the players that don't want to trade or pvp. TBH I feel a bi mission objective from tenshin that gives you rep, would allow a much better balance between the two.

If these were mind blowlingly amazing mods this would matter, they aren't.  The only people that are screwed here are completionists and I don't feel sorry for them at all, I doubt I'm alone in that regard.

Edited by Aggh

If these were mind blowlingly amazing mods this would matter, they aren't.  The only people that are screwed here are completionists and I don't feel sorry for them at all, I doubt I'm alone in that regard.

hmmm, maybe after the mod rework they might be, that is why people are worried, I think

This boils down to people wanting to rail against PvP for no good reason as usual.

You want to see people railing against PvP? force players to either PvP or find PvPers to trade with to complete their PvE experience. You'll see some friction then.

This isn't about wanting to "rail against" PvP this is about wanting nothing to do with PvP and PvPers. It's about avoiding conflict.

Syndicates are an in-world mechanism, there is nothing fundamental about a player who chose Steel Meridian vs a player who chose New Loka.

PvP vs PvE is a function of the players play-style, the two groups do not mesh well in many situations, forcing them to is a mistake.

You want to see people railing against PvP? force players to either PvP or find PvPers to trade with to complete their PvE experience. You'll see some friction then.

This isn't about wanting to "rail against" PvP this is about wanting nothing to do with PvP and PvPers. It's about avoiding conflict.

Syndicates are an in-world mechanism, there is nothing fundamental about a player who chose Steel Meridian vs a player who chose New Loka.

PvP vs PvE is a function of the players play-style, the two groups do not mesh well in many situations, forcing them to is a mistake.

True, so what do you suggest to avoid the friction, curious about your opinion