Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cyberbullying

Eminem2420

I can understand people being upset, but it's just fan art.

If you don't like it then whoop de doo!?

Do i like the idea of skinny Rose Quartz? No. I like the fact that she is a larger female character depicted with grace and power.

Will i tell someone to kill themselves because they drew her that way? No!

I will however try to explain the rage that they are getting.

Were people critizing her for her disabilities, as well?

Can confirm that they were.

This....just... NO! :/

how come they bully you online meaning you can just stand up walk away from a computer if you are not able to do that you have other issue's than being bullied  and i don't see a starving child complain about cyber bullying missconseption my 

You clearly are living in a fantasy world. Cyberbullying happens everywhere. But since you don't think so then you must be right? Wrong. Cyberbullying is a problem just like starving children is. 

You clearly are living in a fantasy world. Cyberbullying happens everywhere. But since you don't think so then you must be right? Wrong. Cyberbullying is a problem just like starving children is. 

I think the person you are responding to might be thinking under the misconception that stepping away from the computer means cyberbullying doesn't cause harm anymore. This is untrue, of course. Stepping away does mean that you are walling yourself off from further trauma, but it doesn't mean that the harmful things people had already directed at you go away as well. It is also important to note that people respond to certain things differently; not everyone has skin of iron and not everyone can rationally react under stress.

I think the person you are responding to might be thinking under the misconception that stepping away from the computer means cyberbullying doesn't cause harm anymore. This is untrue, of course. Stepping away does mean that you are walling yourself off from further trauma, but it doesn't mean that the harmful things people had already directed at you go away as well. It is also important to note that people respond to certain things differently; not everyone has skin of iron and not everyone can rationally react under stress.

+1. You said it better then i could. :P

looool wow you compared those 2 things wooooww just wow no no cyber bullying is the parents fault and is very 1st world problem you can choose to put your information on the internet you are not forced to but starving childern they where born poor forced to life like that state do they have a choice? is internet a must to survive? nope its not you are the one living in a fantasy world  to compare cyberbullying with starving kids 

and no i am not talking about normal bullying thats a whole diff thing

Edited by N7-CommanderShepard

looool wow you compared those 2 things wooooww just wow no no cyber bullying is the parents fault and is very 1st world problem you can choose to put your information on the internet you are not forced to but starving childern they where born poor forced to life like that state do they have a choice? is internet a must to survive? nope its not you are the one living in a fantasy world  to compare cyberbullying with starving kids 

Let's remember to not get too heated here. It is also worth noting that while horrible things do happen in other countries, this in no way devalues the problems people faced in more well-off places.

how come they bully you online meaning you can just stand up walk away from a computer if you are not able to do that you have other issue's than being bullied  and i don't see a starving child complain about cyber bullying missconseption my 

In extreme cases cyber bullying can effect people's life offline, the internet contains enough information to make someone's life a living hell. Step away from the shallow web and you'll see how scary things can get.

In extreme cases cyber bullying can effect people's life offline, the internet contains enough information to make someone's life a living hell. Step away from the shallow web and you'll see how scary things can get.

Very true. Doxxing (mining and posting a person's private information online) is a form of cyberbullying that stepping away from the computer cannot protect against. It's not a fun situation to be in. 

There's also the campaigns irrational people work on that involve spamming employers or making threatening calls to loved ones. All forms of bullying and cyberbullying, which cannot be fixed by simply walking away and pretending it does not exist.

and no i am not talking about normal bullying thats a whole diff thing

Cyberbullying is the parent's fault? Lol. And i am saying that they are both problems. One doesn't de-value the other. I can clearly see you have never been bullied in any way, shape, or form. Sure you can close the internet, but does that solve anything? No. Its like the others have said. Cyberbullying can affect people's lives offline.

Very true. Doxxing (mining and posting a person's private information online) is a form of cyberbullying that stepping away from the computer cannot protect against. It's not a fun situation to be in. 

There's also the campaigns irrational people work on that involve spamming employers or making threatening calls to loved ones. All forms of bullying and cyberbullying, which cannot be fixed by simply walking away and pretending it does not exist.

sorry but mining for personal private inforemation is not cyber bullying that is just criminal activity 

sorry but mining for personal private inforemation is not cyber bullying that is just criminal activity 

Cyberbullying is very much a criminal activity. It can and is reported to authorities fairly often, and they do investigate. For example, the OP's link talks about the girl that was bullied over her fan art online. Authorities got involved. It is a criminal activity.

Yea I knew this girl for a while she made great stuff. I was online the day she did the suicide attempt its sad really. Apparently she had mental issues which made it even worse.

BUT

This does not change my position on cyberbullying. Personally its dumb, the concept of being emotionally hurt by HTML5 text via social media is just ridiculous. People are saying that this is a wake up call for our governments to institute laws onto the internet for this without talking about the real issue here. And that issue is that people are taking their social media accounts too seriously, they are to absorbed into the internet and because of the nature of tumblr and the internet in general where you are constantly being given the option to block or ignore things you don't like is wrong.

Everyone is too sensitive "oh you don't have the same opinion as me, *blocked*" kinda of attitude is toxic for society. Now was it right for tumblr feminists to lynch mob a young woman over a character  portrayal, absolutely not. But unfortunately we live in a world were ideologies clash and in turn people take it to a huge extreme. Of course we are talking about tumblr feminists here and they can go extreme, they have ruined peoples careers and have brought people into tears. And they must be responsible for their actions but at the same time and in the case of the internet the victim must also be prepared. As an artist criticism happens all the time, Hideaki Anno creator of evangelion was sent death threats after the last two episodes of evangelion, do you see him attempting suicide over the letter? No. These people were wrong to threaten Zamii but it is also Zamii's responsibility to understand that the internet is not sunshine's and rainbows and that if harmful distasteful comments come her way she needs to resist them. To overthrow her sensitivity and become stronger as an individual.

We are literally living in Serial Experiments Lain. We are too absorbed and too sensitive.

TL;DR Suck it up and overcome the insults. Use life's attacks to build a better person not drive to self annihilation.

It's sad that most people are so harsh and rude and disrespectful ,

Especially on social media !

Any type of bullying is just wrong.

And sadly it will never stop :(

Best wishes go out to that girl and everyone who's ever been bullied

I had a bully once. They went home in an ambulance.

People say violence accomplishes nothing. That is a lie.

My former bully is now one of my best friends. If it wasn't for me teaching them a lesson and they kept their act up who knows what could of happened to them. Bullying in many cases is also a result of people running away from their problems so it is counter productive. It is bad mostly for the victim and I little bit for the bully. But what they didn't suspect was for me to defend them from their former "friends" mocking them. Even if you do not like Someone always give them a second chance, you might actually learn that they aren't really that bad.

Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

My former bully is now one of my best friends. If it wasn't for me teaching them a lesson and they kept their act up who knows what could of happened to them. Bullying in many cases is also a result of people running away from their problems so it is counter productive. It is bad mostly for the victim and I little bit for the bully. But what they didn't suspect was for me to defend them from their former "friends" mocking them. Even if you do not like Someone always give them a second chance, you might actually learn that they aren't really that bad.

That sounds like what happened to me. In middle school there was this guy(I mean boy; what are we back then 12?) who was about 210 but decent muscleture everywhere. I was a sorta plump geek loner who just got into that school. First off, loved that he treated me the same way as a guy and wasn't sexist by not being mean. Second, I just stood to him as he tried to intimidate me. After he went off he started against another loner(seriously pasty white nerd with big head) and defended him. Then 2 others from the remedial classes tried to bully him, but I had made friends with what seemed to be the reject of the school and I hate being alone for long periods of time.

After a while the big guy would still come back and actually bully us including the other 2 remedial guys(boys) but would leave. So I made a group out of us, along with 3 other girls(2 who I didn't get along) and joined/mixed with the 6 guys 2 girls of the emo group. One day as it was common for us to go out to the lunch area at different times to gather he came back and punched me on the shoulder. I punched him back, he punched me harder, I punched even harder up to the point we were actually socking each-other damn hard on the chest(might have been the first time he touched a girls chest there now that I think of it) we began laughing our asses hard. I with a rough voice since it hurt like a *@##$. But there you go. Stood up against even lighthearted stabs and pokes to the main tough guy/douchebag and had the rest of the year and high school as part of the weirdos group with badass as our bodyguard.

Just to clarify. He wasn't into me. He actually ended up almost immediately going out with the 1 girl that I actually didn't have thoughts of choking her out. Then as you might have guessed it a RL don't touch my Noamuth thing started between me an Senor Punchalot. We still hang out. You'd be surprised how he has turned out.

Cyberbully is only for people without life or strength to bully face to face.

You can do much more harm to many more people online from anywhere in the world, and be caught easier unless you take certain precautions. If anything I'd say it takes balls.

Some people bully to compincate for something , it's good you tought him a lesson , more people should stand up and fight back ,

Personally I've never had bully issues , I'm lucky , big enough and look angry all the time so people leave me alone ,

But it's never guys like me that get bullied ... It's always the nicest people you meet