Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need The Auction House Asap!

-Ozymandias-

Lets be honest....we need people who doesn't know the prices and accept our higher than usual prices because we can only play free and buy a lot of things with that method.

Warframe trading is not an auction house, we have a lot of similar (not unique) things to sell. It is more like a foods market.

Edited by Dobermann92

-Post item i want to sell

-Some copy/paste post that covers the whole chat box

-Some copy/paste post that covers the whole chat box

-Post gone

-Wait 125 seconds to post again

it's a buyer's market. here are the instructions:

-step 1: open eyes

-step 2: use them to scan for WTB

-step 3: pm the user with your price if you have it

-step 4: profit

bigger better faster stronger version here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/552095-how-to-trade-like-a-pro/

Edited by ..atom..

When I want to go trading, I have a window with Notepad open and a short list of what I want to sell and for how much. I have it overlaying Warframe while I take a break or something and lazily watch chat and compare it to my list. I am only looking for WTBs.

Edited by Xcedis

I'm generally opposed to AH's in games as I have seen them wreck game economies and the RMT gets gnarly to live with.

But... There have been a few games where the AH and the market it influences are devised and managed by a staff economist and those tend to work great.

It's my personal opinion that an AH would be good QoL for some in Warframe but it runs the risk of not being appropriately planned or implemented and can become a box of horrors fast.

I'd like to see DE hire an economist and institute loot 2.0 (change what you get, how you get it, and how often it drops) across the board in order to get an AH implemented in Warframe.

NO AUCTION HOUSE! Please.

As a long time Diablo player (started with 1, countless hours on 2, and still playing D3), the Auction House ended up being a bad thing.  Look, we all wanted it.  We all asked for it. We touted all the benefits of not having to go to d2jsp, and how it is a bonus way for the Devs to make money and keep supporting the game.  We listed every single reason why an Auction House would be a good thing.

And it worked fine, for about a week.

After that, the game simply became Auction Hunter 3.  Literally people spent more time combing the Auction House for good deals than they did farming items.  People stopped playing the game because it was more worth the time to look for auction snipes to gear your hero.  And then once you were geared ... well, whats the purpose of playing?

Please don't include an Auction House.  The best way to ensure your player base stops playing the game entirely is to include an Auction House.

It seems like people think the only alternative to what we have now is an auction house.

"Trade chat sucks we need an auction house!!!!"

DE could vary well just tweek or create a variation of what we have now.

My suggestion.. more of a player shop'ish scenario.

Post your item for a specified ammount. The listing lasts for a short ammount of time(anywhere from 4-24 hrs what ever works) as to not clog up the market.. go play.

Working filters and search capabilities are all we really need, and the ability to be able to set it and forget it as to not have to converse back and forth and go on a blind date in the dojo.

These Auction house threads are evolving into ideas of monumental sweeping changes to the WF economic system, complete with the ideas of a new currency and such all inorder to make such a crappy system viable.

We've got like 50 different kinds of canned vegetables to sell... no need to build an entire Wallmart around that.

Slight,smaller changes are all that is needed.

I fully support the idea of auction house or market stands in relays that let people search for an item they want and they will be presented with offers.

Staring at walls of text in trading chat is hardly enjoying at all. What I want to do is post few items for sale and be able to play the game at the same time as well.

My suggestion.. more of a player shop'ish scenario.

Post your item for a specified ammount. The listing lasts for a short ammount of time(anywhere from 4-24 hrs what ever works) as to not clog up the market.. go play.

Working filters and search capabilities are all we really need, and the ability to be able to set it and forget it as to not have to converse back and forth and go on a blind date in the dojo.

I honestly think of this when i see someone mention an auction house. This is exactly what i'd like and i think many other people. Perhaps people are using the term "auction house" when they mean something simpler. 

They should just split the Trading Chat into a Buying Chat and a Selling Chat so players don't have to scan through the ridiculous amount of spam to see if anyone is buying.  Sellers can post in the WTS chat and then watch the WTB chat for people that are looking to buy.  Buyers can post in the WTB chat and watch the WTS chat for potential sellers.

my current problem is I have a small window of opportunity to be online during the week.  and too often the person I am trading with doesn't even bother to seek me out, or even online when I am.  Trade chat or clan chat are the only ways I have been able to successfully trade for a while now

I feel like the warframe market would saturate way to quickly, since a person only needs a single copy of the mod, and once that is done, there will be no more demand. The reason auction houses work in other games is the consistent demand and large player bases, various ways the demand can return. Warframe does not have that. What warframe needs is basically a search function for the chat. Lights up the WTB and go from there. 

I believe that having a auction house in warframe would in fact crash the economy, since the market will become saturated, and stay saturated.

I don't think anybody realizes how bad an auction house could be for Warframe. It could have very bad consequences.

I think it's not so much that they want an auction house, but that "aution house" is the kneejerk reaction they have for trade issues; like someone who rushes to dump water on a fire, without first checking what kind of fire it is.

It's not even the trade system the OP was really complaining about, it's the chat and communication system.

Edited by Ryme

I think it's not so much that they want an auction house, but that "aution house" is the kneejerk reaction they have for trade issues; like someone who rushes to dump water on a fire, without first checking what kind of fire it is.

It's not even the trade system they have an issue with, it's the chat and communication system.

true dat my friend ;D

What? Warframe's economy small? This game has like 16 million players(?), so how would it be small?

You have endless items supply and very limited offer (mostly 1 item per player) how isn't this a smalm economy? Do you even know how economy works?

They should just split the Trading Chat into a Buying Chat and a Selling Chat so players don't have to scan through the ridiculous amount of spam to see if anyone is buying. Sellers can post in the WTS chat and then watch the WTB chat for people that are looking to buy. Buyers can post in the WTB chat and watch the WTS chat for potential sellers.

There are lots of players spamming region/recruiting/trading channels with stuff that should go on other chat (IE: WTS "item" prime xxx platinum on region or recruiting channel. And "Hosting T4 MD" on ttading, etc.) People will keep misusing chat channels, no matter how many times we split it.

There should be a reduced chatacter cap to avoid people posting all their inventory in a single comment (does anyone even care about reading these whole text walls?)

Edited by -----LegioN-----

You have endless items supply and very limited offer (mostly 1 item per player) how isn't this a smalm economy? Do you even know how economy works?

The market saturation is the thing I am most worried about -.-); I am no economist but AH is a bad idea since it can saturate everything stupidly fast.

They should just split the Trading Chat into a Buying Chat and a Selling Chat so players don't have to scan through the ridiculous amount of spam to see if anyone is buying.  Sellers can post in the WTS chat and then watch the WTB chat for people that are looking to buy.  Buyers can post in the WTB chat and watch the WTS chat for potential sellers.

That's just another band-aid, it doesn't fix the problem. Also, nothing would stop players from flocking to the Buying chat to promote their wares. Hell, Region, even with the autokick for WTS and WTB, isn't enough to stop some opportunists from advertising their stuff and clogging the chat.

No, two Trade tabs is not the solution.

That's just another band-aid, it doesn't fix the problem. Also, nothing would stop players from flocking to the Buying chat to promote their wares. Hell, Region, even with the autokick for WTS and WTB, isn't enough to stop some opportunists from advertising their stuff and clogging the chat.

No, two Trade tabs is not the solution.

but auction house is not either, I think a buy or sell page on a users profile would be much better you know :/

The market saturation is the thing I am most worried about -.-); I am no economist but AH is a bad idea since it can saturate everything stupidly fast.

I know, but as long as people keep thinking in short terms they will keep supporting this crazy auction house idea. They will start regretting when their precious vaulted and prisma items get their prices on the floor, and will get even worse if DE tries to lift economy by limiting item supply to certain number a day/week/month/whatever for each tradeable (or auctable) item increasing grind and making people who don't want to buy wait for the time when supply gets restored before being able to farm again

but auction house is not either, I think a buy or sell page on a users profile would be much better you know :/

Once again, I need to remind folks that this game is still in Beta. Stuff changes on a regular basis.

So explain to me how something like an Auction House would absolutely destroy the game's economy, when it's simply a "work in progress" feature that could be pulled out if the Devs detect something's not right with it or is going south.

We're Beta testers, for crying out loud. We're always testing new things. Give the Auction House a chance, if it comes out, try it, ponder about it, and write a review here in the forums. If it's nicely implemented, then great, it stays, if it's not, DE pulls the plug on it, and we never speak of it again.

Folks here always forget that Warframe is not a finalized product, sheesh.

Edited by RazorTip

Why are you quoting me? What point are you trying to make other than a knee-jerk response because you think i support an auction house? Do you think the current trade system is 100% fine?