Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternate Fire For The Ogris

Arunafeltz

Give the Ogris an alternate-fire mode to launch all remaining loaded rockets like the missile barrage attack of Hellions, with slightly reduced damage per rocket(also similar to Angstrum)? I don't think it'd be that OP, since it can't be spammed due to only being able to carry 20 rockets. Also, Heavy Caliber + Split Chamber would probably also produce some amusing results.

Eh I like the idea of making weapons more fun to use beyond just pushing up some numbers. Don't think it's a popular opinion since it seems that people prefer comparing DPS on paper calculations, but I gotta throw some thoughts out anyway.

Edited by Arunafeltz

Give the Ogris an alternate-fire mode to launch all remaining loaded rockets like the missile barrage attack of Hellions, with slightly reduced damage per rocket(also similar to Angstrum)? I don't think it'd be that OP, since it can't be spammed due to only being able to carry 20 rockets. Also, Heavy Caliber + Split Chamber would probably also produce some amusing results.

Eh I like the idea of making weapons more fun to use beyond just pushing up some numbers. Don't think it's a popular opinion since it seems that people prefer comparing DPS on paper calculations, but I gotta throw some thoughts out anyway.

AFAIK the Ang's flockets have no damage reduction on charged fire shots but now you're making me doubt it. Can someone back me/prove it wrong?

AS for the rest, +1 for every weapon/category-specific mechanic suggestion out there and for every suggestion involving Macross Missile Massacres.

It's plenty of nice ideas to fit for Secondary Fire. I'd like seeing something modular, maybe multiple different Secondary Fire Mods which can be changed on player's preference.

Your idea is nice, but what about some "guided missle" ala MGS Nikita or similar to Nova's Antimatter Drop?

Releasing a swarm of missles and then direct them all to a target? YAY!

Edited by Burnthesteak87

I don't approve of consuming all of your ammo, as it would make the secondary fire pretty much a one-time thing, but I think this:

Ogris has two firemodes: Primary will be tap trigger, with a slow firerate, that does the same thing as of now.

Second firemore does not consume more ammo, and will launch several small, less powerful, slower missiles, which can be guided via the reticle.

It's plenty of nice ideas to fit for Secondary Fire. I'd like seeing something modular, maybe multiple different Secondary Fire Mods which can be changed on player's preference.

Your idea is nice, but what about some "guided missle" ala MGS Nikita or similar to Nova's Antimatter Drop?

Releasing a swarm of missles and then direct them all to a target? YAY!

That'd be a great idea, as long as only one of these mods can be used at a time.

AFAIK the Ang's flockets have no damage reduction on charged fire shots but now you're making me doubt it. Can someone back me/prove it wrong?

AS for the rest, +1 for every weapon/category-specific mechanic suggestion out there and for every suggestion involving Macross Missile Massacres.

Oh sorry I didn't mean to imply that the Angstrum's charged attack deals reduced damage for multiple rockets, I just brought that up as a balancing idea in case anyone's worried about expending half your rockets to nuke a room becoming too overpowered DX

Edited by Arunafeltz

I don't approve of consuming all of your ammo, as it would make the secondary fire pretty much a one-time thing, but I think this:

Ogris has two firemodes: Primary will be tap trigger, with a slow firerate, that does the same thing as of now.

Second firemore does not consume more ammo, and will launch several small, less powerful, slower missiles, which can be guided via the reticle.

Imo, this wouldn't make sense unless the visual aspect of the weapon be changed too. Especially since it's a solid projectile and not like an energy weapon.

Edited by TGKazein