Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Experience With Mesa's New Peacemaker

Shy0

mesa was my favourite frame since it came out, since it was one of the few frames where all its abilities had some use. then DE decided to "change" (i call it what it is: a nerf) peacemaker for some reason. so here's a comparison of my experience with both versions of peacemaker.

old peacemaker:

run around, use shatter shield and shooting gallery depending on the situation, kill stuff with my bow of choice or telos akboltos or atterax, charge up ballistic battery for boss or big eximus units, etc. oh, there's a clump of enemies. shatter shield if not already on, sprint up, crouch-jump into the air, peacemaker in the air, and by the time i've landed, i've got a safe landing spot. mop up the survivors, stop peacemaker and move on.

new peacemaker:

i don't use mesa anymore for any mission that isn't a defensive one. i go back to loki, valkyr, nova or sometimes excal for high level stuff, and i use whatever frame for low level missions.

for a defensive mission (e.g. interception, defence), pick a spot where i can see most/all of the chokepoints, use shatter shield, use peacemaker and scan the chokepoints. clear out most of the enemies, stop peacemaker, run around for energy orbs, repeat.

---

so i don't know what the reasoning was behind the redesign of peacemaker, but it has made me camp more than i used to. i never liked to stand in one spot and just press 4, because i like to do tricks with bows and whip leather-clad scorpions grineer butt things. i use peacemaker to take out clumps of enemies (or armies, depending on how good my teammates are at killing stuff) because my primary weapon is almost always some high single-target damage weapon and peacemaker used to complement that very well.

the new peacemaker makes me stand in one spot for longer to clear the same number of enemies and has lost its mid-air clump-killing potential. i don't even use shooting gallery anymore because i spend more time in peacemaker with its high energy drain.

in the end, i've given up on using mesa. mesa still is one of my loadouts, but i've not used it at all in the last 2 weeks. if my profile is accurate, my mesa use used to be around 24% (after mesa came out i think i got it to around 30%; i own all the frames and play everything including archwing), but it has dropped to 18% now.

What I think, is that the people who wanted Mesa nerfed benefited zero from the change.

They wanted her to change because they had nothing to do.

They still don't. So that didn't solve their problem.

They wanted her to change because it was not interactive. 

Guess what, you are not playing her, so none of your business?

And if it really bothers them, as Mesa players, how about just not using the ability?

All in all, the change was pretty much pointless, and only turned people away from playing their favourite frame.

Excalibur same story.

Was he the key pick in certain places? Yep

Was he deemed OP by the community? Yep.

Did the rework solve that "problem"? Nop.

the reasoning was because it was boring as F*** and unreliable on higher levels, now it is not herp derp, u actually play mesa not the other way around

and u say it lost its midair potential, I say nah, u can glide while it`s active FYI, just bullet jump up high and glide as u aim at them

not reliable on normal missions? nope, it`s more reliable now, that I can prioritize targets, instead of watching that powerfist wreck me while it targets some useless lancers

all in all, it is better now, the damage focus when at min. aim zone is insane, only issue I find is that it doesn`t grow back while not shooting, other than this, u should just get along....

Old peacemaker cons:

- can't move

- press 4, hold LMB, that's it

- minimal interaction

- get hit by random scrub on solo

New peacemaker cons:

- can't move

- press 4, hold LMB, more interaction, still boring

If only they made mesa able to move while during peacemaker, that would be so much better

And if it really bothers them, as Mesa players, how about just not using the ability?

These are never solutions to legitimate balance issues.

Please stop treating them as such.

These are never solutions to legitimate balance issues.

Please stop treating them as such.

Yes they are. 

Playstyles are always about choice. Just because a kit has 4 abilities, you are not forced to use either. You can go full guns blazing and no casting, if that's your thing. 

In return, people would expect you to respect their gaming habits aswell, even if that includes lots of Peacemaking.

People love to exaggerate, very much so, but I'd love to see them standing in one place, Old Peacemaking, while making a sammich, and not horribly die.

What I think, is that the people who wanted Mesa nerfed benefited zero from the change.

They wanted her to change because they had nothing to do.

They still don't. So that didn't solve their problem.

They wanted her to change because it was not interactive. 

All in all, the change was pretty much pointless, and only turned people away from playing their favourite frame.

-those should never be obeyed, sorry to say that, but cry babies should never be a dependable source for feedback

-and I agree, holding down one button is not how a power should be

-get rekt, now if u know how to use her, u can aim at more dangerous/close targets, so basically u do something, more than before at the very least

-and they were right, it was dull and lacking interaction

-I`m sorry? everyone should provide feedback regardless of using it or not

-you kidding aren`y you? all warframes` powers should be worth using, reworks see to that, u can tell, kitty, frost, excalibur now have all their powers worth using at some point, and the toggle powers drain rework made duration builds viable, so u can have all powers at average level of usability

-not true, it actually made me use her, and many more in my clan/alliance like her more now, your own salt doesn`t make it a general opinion that it`s bad now

~Cheers

for the record, i didn't say i wanted the old peacemaker back, i'm just giving feedback on how the change has affected how i play. i would like a rework of some sort, but i've given up making suggestions on this forum since DE do whatever they want when it comes to "balance" (which doesn't exist due to endless missions), and people start flaming when they don't like what they read.

for the record, i didn't say i wanted the old peacemaker back, i'm just giving feedback on how the change has affected how i play. i would like a rework of some sort, but i've given up making suggestions on this forum since DE do whatever they want when it comes to "balance" (which doesn't exist due to endless missions), and people start flaming when they don't like what they read.

I figured that u don`t want it back, but I`m just trying to show the good things about the change...

well if something is demanded to be reworked frequently it`ll change, however the way it does, is more up to DE than us

yes, I know that feeling